SAU Community

Nengun

Goods valued less than 1000 will not be taxed if the items are sent via post - see the stickied thread in the 'Imports' section for a link verifying that.

There are plenty of Nengun threads around. In short, they are reliable, well priced, and have access to a great variety of parts.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nengun couldnt follow my clear instructions with a large amount of parts and consequentally cost me $1100 in taxes...

A mate who ewnt with greenline for similar stuff, had no problem.

I'd go with greenline, i sure will be from now on

used greenline.jp for some small parts (injectors, PFC-BCK, interior bits). took less than 1 week in one case, around 10 days in the other cases. i say go greenline....

my gear knob and key came within about 2 weeks i think....still waiting on my indicators, has been well over a month, but they dont have em atm...few people i know of still waiting for em

I have ordered twice from Nengun (2nd time on Saturday just gone)

never had a problem, but then again I didn't have any specific requests

and my first delivery of a steering wheel took a while, but I expected that coming from japan

At least they have a wide range :P

Ash, are you blaming nengun for not helping you evade taxes? or did they mark items incorrectly causing higher taxes and duties to be paid than usual?

There's a difference, as you can't blame a business for not helping you break the law.

Technically when the parts are all purchased separately. Then should be sent separately no?

Any goods under $1000 are exempt from duties... and those parts should have been sent weeks apart from each other.

Not arriving in two massive boxes the same day.

Any goods under $1000 are exempt from duties...

this is good to know, as i was told it was around $300-$400

i cant belived people wait up to 4weeks for your parts, i order shit off yahoo auction all the time takes about a week (or less) to get to my dude in japan then 5days to get to me,

on that note, does anyone know if items on nengue and similar site have jap tax on them or are they like yahoo auction and dont have the jap tax

cheers michael :D

They are pretty slow sometimes, but you definately will get your order.

Just gotta be patient. They are reasonably priced and have a great website thats easy to use and keeps you up to date with all the latest info.

I bought $400 worth of goods and no taxes.

No goods imported through international companies are exempt from import charges (stamp duties or GST) no matter what the cost. If the item is subjected to a customs bill then the following will occur:

• less the AUD$1000 you will be charged 20% off the invoice when you collect the item from the post office. You will receive a parcel collection notice.
  • However if the package is above $1000 will need to formally declare the products and fill in a serious looking document. However you can also pay a customs broker do this for you, approximately $100. You will receive a letter via resisted post.

The cost is calculated according to the conversion rate on the invoice date.

These costs just come with the territory, alway budget for the extra 20% but if you’re not hit with a customs bill then go buy a carton of piss. :D Please also be aware that that it is illegal for a business to make a fake invoice (removed items, reduced costs & marked as a gift) for import purposes. Doing this is a criminal offence and the federal government can charge you.

If you are charged import costs remember it is not the fault/responsibility of the company you purchased the goods from. They usually have a disclaimer when importing informing you of the potential charges, so don't be surprised if you are get a bill.

Technically when the parts are all purchased separately. Then should be sent separately no?

Any goods under $1000 are exempt from duties... and those parts should have been sent weeks apart from each other.

Not arriving in two massive boxes the same day.

According to customs, it doesn't matter:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549

Note: However, where there are multiple packages to the same addressee in Australia from a single consignor overseas that arrive at about the same time, then the value of all packages will be combined for duty and tax assessment purposes.

:)

I wonder when this new $1000 or less thing came in, because I got hit for duty/taxes on an item in October last year after they accepted a value of ~$300.

Just remember, even if the item is declared below $1000, doesn't mean they won't ask you to prove the item/s are worth $1000 (inc. shipping costs, etc).

GST and tax on the shipping cost is an absolute RORT from the government.

The service cost in incurred in the country of origin and therefore should not be taxed in the landing country

This has pissed me off for a long time

I use greenline as my frist choice, if they dont have the parts or are way more expensive than nengun, then i use Nengun.

Greenline ships very quick, but Nengun can usually get parts a bit cheaper.

This kind of Internet business is fine. The problem arises when terms (including customs duty and taxes) are NOT CLEARLY specified on the suppliers web page and the supplier has made efforts to avoid taxes such as marking items as samples/gifts etc...

You are the one taking the chance with customs. If they don't check it, good for you, if they do, pay up. But you as the consumer need to be aware of this when you purchase the goods and you also need to be informed of the cost of the duty/tax incurred before you make the purchase. If you are not informed, the supplier is liable.

I have used nengun a number of times and have paid tax on the occasional shipment.

You are legally obliged to pay duty and tax on all imported goods but if the item value is over $1000 then you are required to complete an import declaration for customs as well as be a registed client in the customs system (have a CCID).

To speed the process up you have the option of using a customs broker in this event and the cost for doing this is around $65 ive found.

Overall I've spent thousands of dollars at Nengun and would do it again tomorrow if I needed too. The parts arrive quickly, well packaged and about as cheaply as possible.

You are legally obliged to pay duty and tax on all imported goods but if the item value is over $1000 then you are required to complete an import declaration for customs as well as be a registed client in the customs system (have a CCID).

That use to be the case with regard to taxing items of less than $1000, but it seems to have changed: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549

All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less.