SAU Community

Nengun

I wouldn't breathe too easy just yet either. Customs have 5 YEARS to back date records and request payment for goods imported. Which means that anytime in the next 5 years you may recieve a notice for payment which you will not be able to avoid or contest.

And rest assured Customs HAVE been known to chase duties owing years down the track.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,

There is laws and info for this.

http://www.customs.gov.au/

AT THIS STAGE I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THIS IS NOT DIRECTLY CONCERNED WITH NENGUN PERFORMANCE ONLY. THESE POSTS ARE INTENDED TO INFORM YOU CONSUMERS OF THE LAWS AND ALSO INTERNET SUPPLIERS OBLIGATIONS TO YOU. BY INTERNET SUPPLIER I MEAN ANY BUSINESS WHO TAKES ORDERS AND PAYMENT OVER THE INTERNET AND SHIPS THE GOODS DIRECTLY TO YOU FROM OVERSEAS.

I hope this clears up a lot of grey areas for people buying parts of internet suppliers.

Well anyway, Ive ordered a couple of times from nengun.. took about 3 weeks to get some apexi pods etc. This time I ordered a *huge* quantity of air filters... ie one.. which is out of stock apparently, paid for 3 Dec and still waiting til the 25th Jan or thereabouts to receive it.

Apart from this delay, had no issues thus far, was very happy with the last order.

I have heard that Greenline are a bit cheaper though... but nengun is much easier to impulse buy :)

Well anyway, Ive ordered a couple of times from nengun.. took about 3 weeks to get some apexi pods etc. This time I ordered a *huge* quantity of air filters... ie one..  which is out of stock apparently, paid for 3 Dec and still waiting til the 25th Jan or thereabouts to receive it.

Apart from this delay, had no issues thus far, was very happy with the last order.

I have heard that Greenline are a bit cheaper though... but nengun is much easier to impulse buy :)

It is quite easy to compare prices for gear between Nengun & Greenline. Obviously then you go to whomever is cheapest as both have a good reputation. Not rocket science, really. For the stuff I ordered Nengun happenned to be cheaper. :)

I recently ordered a few grands worth of gear through Nengun & it all arrived - the only slow stuff was because there was no stock with the suppliers. It arrived without customs duty - possibly something to do with the way it was marked up on the packaging...

i ordered a power fc and a short shift kit and i didnt pay any tax.

it took a few weeks and i didnt get a short shift, i got a replacement shifter. was no shorter than the stock one, we compared it to mine and my mates gtr as well. Nengun pretty much told me to get stuffed so i haven't bought any more stuff from them.

The power fc was good tho and only like $900. so with the money i wasted on the shifter i could have bought the pfc in a shop here and had it right away.

Edited by RRR32_GoDzIlLa

Which Short Shift kit did you buy?? Because the length of the shifter isnt any different, it's the throw and the distance between gears that changes when you fit it. The Nismo ones even look like standard Nissan ones.

Either way, it should have come in a Nismo or C's Box (Depending on which one you bought) so if it was out of the box I'd be questioning if it's even a new shifter.

I suggest you fit it and see if there is any difference in the throw. If it's still the same length throw then you've been supplied a 2nd hand std shifter and I'd be going to the ACCC to find out if there is any recourse for you. Don't let this go mate. You payed for the product and he has an obligatino to supply it to you.

I've always found Nengun to be the cheapest on average, followed very closely by Greenline. But anything I've ordered from Greenline has come within 2 weeks after payment has been confirmed, Nengun takes a little longer.

I've ordered a few bits and pieces from Greenline and also Perfect Run and have never been hit with customs duty on things under $1000 or had to fill anything out for something that I ordered >$1000. None of these items were marked as a gift. So did I get lucky or can I expect a letter within the next 5 years?

"The internet? Is that thing still around?"

Which Short Shift kit did you buy?? Because the length of the shifter isnt any different, it's the throw and the distance between gears that changes when you fit it. The Nismo ones even look like standard Nissan ones.

Either way, it should have come in a Nismo or C's Box (Depending on which one you bought) so if it was out of the box I'd be questioning if it's even a new shifter.

I suggest you fit it and see if there is any difference in the throw. If it's still the same length throw then you've been supplied a 2nd hand std shifter and I'd be going to the ACCC to find out if there is any recourse for you. Don't let this go mate. You payed for the product and he has an obligatino to supply it to you.

yes that is what i meant. there is no difference in the length between gears. it is a nismo, apparently. i did fit it and take it back off again

Edited by RRR32_GoDzIlLa

I have used both Greenline and nengun.

Both were fine to deal with. No problems, no hassles. Once payment was confirmed, parts arrived within the month (usually earlier).

I guess it depends if they have the parts in stock as to how quickly it gets to Aust.

I like Greenline better than Nengun as they are quicker etc... but whoever you order from make sure to ask if they have it in stock before you part with the cash as it is not usually Greenline/Nenguns fault when things are held up... they are simply waiting for their suppliers to send the parts

if they screwed you over with the short shifter and refused to fix the problem up for you, tell them that you're a member of SAU, a site they sponsor, and im sure they'd understand that in their line of business word of mouth is the majority of their advertising, and bad feedback from you for example on SAU wont help their cause :D

if they screwed you over with the short shifter and refused to fix the problem up for you, tell them that you're a member of SAU, a site they sponsor, and im sure they'd understand that in their line of business word of mouth is the majority of their advertising, and bad feedback from you for example on SAU wont help their cause :D

i had a go at em and sent em plenty of e mails and they said -

Apologies for the delayed response. The unit shipped to you is the Nismo

product number 32839-RN595. This is as provided by Nismo sold on the

domestic market here in Japan. The product information reports a 30%

shorter throw than the standard shifter.

As agreed to on the website when placing your order, we encourage you to

confirm all product details with your mechanic/tuner before purchase.

Thanks,

Alan