SAU Community

Skyline Tail Lights On Stagea

Techo

Hey Fellow Wagoneers,

I thought i might design & make a set of skyline tail lights to fit the stagea. I'll use the standard skyline lenses, but make up a custom panel so they fit in where the tail light go now. Below is a very bad representation of what i'd like to do & if anyone is good at photoshop you could give me a better idea.

so what do you all think?

If they come out really well, i'll start making some more for sale if anyones interested.

Regards,

Jeff

post-20653-1137669741.jpg

I'm guessing if it was properly executed, then the look of Skyline lights on a Stagea could be nice.

I guess we'll have to see if anyone's good enough (and keen enough) to do a PhotoChop and we can go from there...

Having looked into this quiet a bit (as just did custom lights on my "project car" ... making a v2 as we speak) ... you'd have to use either 33 or 32 lights.

I've measured up 34 lights and the outta area of the stagea lights are too small to fit anything bigger than the 33. Even then they'll need to be placed so they sit slightly out of the normal light area (not flush to standard stagea rear lights). You could use 34 lights, but they're not going to sit well (as in flush with sides of car) on the car and stick out a bit

The inners are a piece of cake to do.

My only other concern using 33/32 lights is reverse/indicators, but nothing a bit of bog, fibreglass & some extended wiring couldn't fix l guess.

Somethign like this l was going to do (inc french boxing the no. plate down lower) .... but l cbf'd and would rather spend the time and energy on my other car. But if u do do it def. post up pics.

post-22935-1137677328.jpg

Edited by [ STAGEN ]

if you want a skyline wagon that bad... start with a skyline instead of a volvo :D

j/k

maybe the Option/Trial built R33 GTR wagon might give some inspiration. It resurfaced at this year's autosalon repainted white (used to be bayside blueish when it was made about 4 or 5 years ago).

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

I dunno, I started off thinking of putting the r34 front on my stag when I first bought it, but now I'd actually rather keep it stock, with maybe a kit on it.

Good luck with it though.

Personaly I think the idea is great ...not using the round tail lights was something that the Nissan boys got wrong when they desighned the Stagea in my opinion. While most focus is on the the front, the rear has been sadly neglected...I still remember the first r33 I ever saw in the flesh my first view was the rear and its one of the cars best points..but then I have always been an ass man!....if you can make em I want em!

Scott.

Funny, i adore the ass of the stagea more then the front

but the longer and longer i own it, i prefer it exactly the way it is, as stock as it is. some wheels and maybe MAYBE a front bar...

Testify Brother! Can I get an AMEN! :P