SAU Community

Autosalon Circuit Battle

nfi

I picked up a Autosalon magazine the other day (I was bored and had read HPI) and noticed that they are going to have a circuit battle set up like a glorified club super sprint.

Basically the rules don't allow full slicks but semis are fine. Cars don't have to be registered but have to maintain there standard chassis. Modifications to the engine are unlimited and suspension modifications permit changing springs, shocks, swaybars, radius rods, control arms etc

The way the competition works:

One car on the track at a time with an inlap, timed lap and then cool down lap. So you only have 1 lap to set a good time per outing onto the track. I imagine it is going to take ages to get through the cars with only one person on the track but I hope they they have thought about that.

The latest magazine with a riced up rx7 s6 on the front has the application form. It would be a pitty not to have some talent from skylines australia attending...

I think the most hilarious part of the day will be when all the riced up turbo swifts and the like turn up thinking there car will fly and then it overheats and blows up on the first lap or the cut springs fall out around a corner and their candy paint job gets dirty... (or worse)

If some others attend I will take my s15.

Common Duncan and Fatz bring on the improved production GTR's. You just need a couple of Nismo stickers as well as a TRD and mugen and you will fit right in.

James

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The image in the background appeared to be wakefield but given the fact that "autosalon" is national I imagine they will run it round the country.

This is all speculation though. So far the magazine has said there is going to be a circuit battle and given the rules and regulations as well as an application form.

Edited by nfi

Guest Mashrock
I picked up a Autosalon magazine the other day (I was bored and had read HPI) and noticed that they are going to have a circuit battle set up like a glorified club super sprint.

Basically the rules don't allow full slicks but semis are fine. Cars don't have to be registered but have to maintain there standard chassis. Modifications to the engine are unlimited and suspension modifications permit changing springs, shocks, swaybars, radius rods, control arms etc

The way the competition works:

One car on the track at a time with an inlap, timed lap and then cool down lap. So you only have 1 lap to set a good time per outing onto the track. I imagine it is going to take ages to get through the cars with only one person on the track but I hope they they have thought about that.

The latest magazine with a riced up rx7 s6 on the front has the application form. It would be a pitty not to have some talent from skylines australia attending...

I think the most hilarious part of the day will be when all the riced up turbo swifts and the like turn up thinking there car will fly and then it overheats and blows up on the first lap or the cut springs fall out around a corner and their candy paint job gets dirty... (or worse)

If some others attend I will take my s15.

Common Duncan and Fatz bring on the improved production GTR's. You just need a couple of Nismo stickers as well as a TRD and mugen and you will fit right in.

James

if i can get my bad circuit racing monster ready in time i was really thinking of doing so.

Yeh, love to know what entry will cost. All for one lap...and looking at how the Drag Battle thing went, and who can forget the last time they tried to put on a gig like this... I will gladly keep my money in my pocket.

That said if Mark is in the Camry, ill be sure to bring the vid cam :(

Picked up the magazine again and had a look at the application form. They are actually being picky with who goes in the competition. They are giving more competitive cars preference. You have to fill in what modifications your car has to the engine, suspension, wheels and tyres and body.

By the look of it you will get more than 1 session which is good. eg. You will go out and do the warm up lap, timed lap and the cool down lap and then wait for your turn and do it again so it is not as bad as I thought.

I couldn't find anything on price though. I guess they thought it was irrelevant... ;)

$170 for a whole days actual racing in a series that SPEED Magazine called 'the real Gran Tourismo' here in Tassie sounds much more fun and better value that what Austsalon Mag would offer.

Well for those of you that can't read it's free to enter.

Infact they will provide an "allowance" to cover costs for competitors to get to the event so it won't even cost you anything to get there and back.

My application is going in. I've been dying to show those NSW boys how to drive a GT-R.

:)