SAU Community

Gearbox sounds

Cake

hey my R33 Skyline GTS25t makes the worn input shaft bearing / thrust bearing sound when the clutch is out idling...

What i want to know is, if this is related.. once the car is warmed up.. and i accelerate softly at low revs i can hear some sort of ticking sound from the gearbox like dry bearings, and i can also hear it when coasting in gear when the revs are falling from about 2500-1500rpm.. nothing at high revs, or when the clutch is pressed in, or when accelerating hard, anyone know what it is? My car was only complied about a month ago, they usually change the gearbox oil when compliancing don't they?

Does my car

- Need gearbox oil change?

- Need new bearings?

- Need new clutch?

or any other advice/suggestions, thanks.

My G/box also makes the input shaft bearing wirrrr which is a kind of wirrr wirrr wirrr.. Its not a constant wirr.. Kind of like a wheel bearing woop woop.. sound..

Anyway I don't get any other sounds but It could be a Universal Joint??? Hard gearchanges diff locks etc..?!?!?!

I slapped in some Nulon G70 and it sorted the noise out almost after a few hundred kays..

I need to slap some more in as I've recently had a clutch done and the g/box oil was changed.

erm...

I would replace all of the brake fluids coolant oils etc.. Just so you know even if it has been changed change it with the good stuff to help prevent damage..

Prevention is better than a $$$ Cure.. :D