SAU Community

Need A New Clutch?

I doubt anyone here would argue with this, handy info too IMO as ive seen it asked a lot.

So many happy customers from all reports across this forum.

This is NOT an intended business plug in anyway.

Whenever someone asks for a clutch, this man comes up, then someone asks for his details.

So just getting in first :)

RACE CLUTCH - Jim Berry

26 Gladys St

Stones Corner QLD 4120

Phone: 07 3847 9999

NB: Jim likes to talk clutches. A lot :)

lol i hear you need to budget at least one hour out of your day...  but his clutches are worth it.  :lol:

Damn right they are worth it.

And he does go on a bit, but as he said to me. Its a lot of money for some people to spend, he just wants to explain everything to them so they have all the information to make the right decision. If you dont understand something he tells you. Say I said, why do I need to do 'x' he explained why, and the best ways of doing it etc. He actually rang me at 10am on a Saturday morning as that was most convenient for me.

Oh and if someone answers the phone 'italia spares' its the same shop, just ask for Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I got the FULL MONTY which is there top of the line single i also did not do exchange so he had to source all parts for me $1100-1200 including postage to sydney i think it cost. Dam good price most liky about $800-900 if you have the clutch plate and the rest.

I've had a Jim Berry "FULL MONTY" as he calls it, set up in my R33 for 6 months now.

couldnt be happier.

It's not overly heavy even though it has a 3400kg clamping pressure. (my friends exceedy brass button clutch's pedal is hevier)

So far its worked brilliantly!! Would highly recomend this set-up to anyone wanting a new clutch that can cope with nearly anything you throw at it.

the other good point is that once it does eventually wear out, send it back to Jim an he'll remake the clutch again at a much lower price than the original purchase.

mine costed me $1100 from memory. well worth it! And yeah, set aside some time when you call Jim, he does explain every detail of the pro's and con's of various clutches an common faults etc etc etc

cheers

Berin

• 1 month later...

I've just had a new Jim Berry "Full Monty" clutch installed in my R33 and I must say that it practically feels like a stock clutch to drive...it's bliss compared to my twin plate.

I plan on taking my car to WSID tonight (weather permitting) and if this clutch holds up and doesn't slip as Jim assured me it wouldn't, then i'll be mighty impressed.

• 1 month later...