SAU Community

[NOT FOR SALE 11/8/17] Top Quality Dash mats - Bulk Buy

int21h

Hi Guys,

I have contacts with the Protectomat company. They have a very good reputation at making the best dash mats available.

They do not have a mold for the R32, But I am prepared to leave my car with them for them to make a mold.

If we can get a group of us together interested in R32/R33 dashmats, then we can get the mats cheaper. ~$48.00 instead of $70.00

I have had a problem with my dash, it's started to bubble in the sun and this is very common in the R32s. I would suggest to get a dashmat. These ones are very good quality and can even make the dash look better. They are moulded perfectly and always fit.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Sorry guys. I can't get the exact picture of one, because it will be custom molded on my car (R32).

Here is a link to their website though:

http://www.protectomat.com.au

I'll be getting one for my car, because my dash has already bubbled in places and the centre air vent is half broken and has popped out (NOT HAPPY). I'm told this is a common problem(?)

I had one of these dash mats in the good ol' Camry (Its not a grandpa car with out a dash mat). It never slipped around and was stuck by had valcrow(spelling?). This let me take the mat in and out. Although I never did.

If you've got the money and you want a real pro job, they can do a custom-pro fit. That will cost $120.00 and they'll need your car over night. You won't buy anything better then that.

You can buy different colours, Grey/Blue/Black etc. You Perth guys can even go see their showroom. Just see the website for more details. Don't talk to anyone about our group buy, because it's a bit of a hush hush secret. As i mensioned earlier, they will be around $48.00 each, and maybe cheaper. Depending on how many orders I can get.

For now i just ask for expression of interest and deffinate orders. Once I have enough orders, i'll let everyone know of the exact cost.

Jay95R33

Cheers for the post. I know meercat personally and I'm going to give him a call. I didn't know he was organising this too.

I thought I was getting a good deal, But I will make phone calls tomorrow.

Sorry about this guys. I'll investigate.

Erh, I didn't know he organised it last year.

He went with the Shevron mats. They aren't as good as the protomat's. Actually those mats look like crap!!

The guy i work with use to work for Protectomat. I will talk to him tomorrow and say that someone got the same deal we did and i'll go negociate some better prices.

No worries.

I'm not sure about the R33 ones, I think the passengers side of the dash is big and bland and needs something there, or something to break it up. Maybe if the dash mat didn't go right down it would look better ??? Not sure..

But I think black would be much better than the grey.

BTW: that post on SDU is really old... Like mega old.. :P

Jay95R33,

Yes i noticed it was old after i read it properly :P

I'm going to the call the guys tomorrow and find out if they can do a better deal and if the mat is any better.

I'll put some pics up of my dash. Then you'll know why i'm getting a dash mat.

Hey guys Protectomat already have dash mats for the R33 Series I and II as I got one from them late last year. They aren't listed on their website so I emailed them and they keep them in stock. Would assume they have R32 ones as well.

Mine fits perfectly on the Series II and has a cut out for the air bag. My olds bought it for me for Xmas so not sure on price.

If you get one be sure to fit it with lots of velcro otherwise it slides off when you take off rather spiritedly.

Cheers, Al

Jay I will see what I can organise - don't have a digital camera (only a digital video) but will see if I can borrow one.

It is basically the dash mat with slits in it that go over where the airbag is, so if the air bag cover goes up, the mat sort of opens up - looks a bit funny but covers it well

Cheers, Al

• 2 weeks later...