SAU Community

Rb30det/tt Gtr Conversion Thread

rev210

Ok here are some for starters.

1) Sump/Diff Adapter: There are people offering these but they take alot of work to fit/line up. Chunks of the block on the diff side of the sump ie webbing needs to be removed to clear the studs from the sump.

2) Head fits straight on as per normail RB26/30 engines, only thing I recommend over and above the normal modifications is the additions of a oil drain back from the rear of the head to the sump.

3) Oil Pickup, im sure there are a few methods but due to the oil pickup on the RB30 being too far back this needs to be blocked and then be tapped into from the outside of the block, the pickup on my engine is boxed and mounted to the base of the sump with a line running to the turbo side of the engine/sump. this is then connected to the oil pickup tapped from the outside with an inline filter.

4) Compression ratio on mine is close to 9.0:1, by using positive RB26 CP pistons.

Hope this helps as a starter.

NissanFreak

Are you running 9.0:1 comp with standard cams??? Also has anybody used gt2560R from GCG on the a RB30/26 combo?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see any gearbox lining up simply because their is an extra piece in the engine that wasn't previously there on any other engine combo.

More pics in this thread would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, anymore info on this thread?

I'm currently starting the 26/30 conversion into my r33gtst.

I know it's not a gtr but some of the info/pics here can be useful.

I'm trying to get through the two hundred + posts on the rb30 thread as well.

More info and pic's plz.

Thanks Simon.

Hi guys, anymore info on this thread?

I'm currently starting the 26/30 conversion into my r33gtst.

I know it's not a gtr but some of the info/pics here can be useful.

I'm trying to get through the two hundred + posts on the rb30 thread as well.

More info and pic's plz.

Thanks Simon.

Sure what do you need pics of? :sorcerer:

Awsome thread guys, what would make it even better would be a summerised pdf or something of the like with every lillte modification needed to be done so people like me dont miss a any little detail on a build. I know its probly a huge amount of time doing it but atleast then people will know exactly every mod to do to get the job done right, like a checklist of sorts.. That would make it so easy to do!

Cheers.

another thing regarding the head bolts, you can use RB25 ones (john hill used these on my engine)

Exhaust - stock dumps can be used, only need to modify front pipe

Sump Adapter - I can now supply these to QLD people, anyone else in other states see daniel

If there's other questions people have, ask away and i'll try and answer :ninja:

AM.... i was not sure where to drill for the oil line.

looking on my rb25det block which is sitting next to the rb30 would it be in the same place?

shanef.... what mods need to be done to use the rb25 head studs? are there any advantages?

Thanks for the help :D

Simon

Edited by handyandy

no mods are needed, its just the fact that the thread is different compared to the 26 ones, and the 25's are the same as those of the 30.

also, on the oil pumps, the gear that spins on the crank, the 26 gear is atleast twice as wide as the 30. (the widder the better) i'll grab some pics when i get them back with my sump from the shop

AM.... i was not sure where to drill for the oil line.

looking on my rb25det block which is sitting next to the rb30 would it be in the same place?

shanef.... what mods need to be done to use the rb25 head studs? are there any advantages?

Thanks for the help :O

Simon

Which oil line simon, to turbo or drain? So looks like you have a series 1 block then and dont have the oil or water lines for the turbo, its seriously worth getting a series 2 block, will save you a fair bit of time as there will be enough modifiying with the sump adaptor :)

am....thanks for the reply.

I've been told that i can use the sump and pick up from my 25det

and it will bolt straight up.

I will also use the head studs now that i know the rb25det ones will need no modifications.

So i only need to work out the oil and water lines for the turbo's and i think i'm ready to build. :(

shanef... cheers, i think i'll use an n1 oil pump. will a standard gtr one be ok?

Thanks Simon

Edited by handyandy

depends what ur using the car for and how much power ur after. im only using one for short term, as i'm going to run an external oil pump after the new year with the new turbo's.

but as other ppl have said, is a grand really worth 'saving' if u run with an n1 when ur engine is at stake?

For those that have done the RB30/26 or 30/25 conversions into R32 model cars, what kind of turbo and manifold setup's have you gone with?

The reason I ask is that I am doing a 30/25 conversion into my GTS4 and want to run a T04z 800hp turbo, but am concerned as to weather it will fit under the bonnet, or be that close it will burn the paint off it.

My other option is twin GTRS's and a custom modified manifold based on chopped up GTR manifolds and a RB25 manifold.

Cheers,

Ian

well if ur going high mount u'd need a new manifold, so just get one custom made if ur that worried. i havnt heard of anyone having any problems with turbo clearances to bonnets