SAU Community

Rb30det/tt Gtr Conversion Thread

rev210

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to run as close to 11.5:1 compression in my RB30DET (Forged 3.0l Bottom end, RB26 Head, GTX45, E85, Built C4). Any Tips or links as to what piston & HG combination will get me closest? also what block work should be done to help raise the compression?

Brad @ Spool Imports isnt sure if CP Pistons will be able to fit enough Dome on the piston to achieve that CR.

Cheers

It won't be easy. Only ever heard of one person running more than 10:1 on an RB30 and that was originally designed to be n/a - haven't heard how the turbo conversion worked out.

Most people aim for around 9.5:1

• 2 years later...

my 26/30 just made 673rwkw on 39psi thru a T400 with a very loose converter, head is still fairly much standard apart from springs, tomei cams and standard GTR inlet with STB conversion, its in a VL

5 hours ago, duz10s said:

my 26/30 just made 673rwkw on 39psi thru a T400 with a very loose converter, head is still fairly much standard apart from springs, tomei cams and standard GTR inlet with STB conversion, its in a VL

Hey good numbers! What turbo? Post up the chart in the section above. 2wd you will be just spinning the wheels most of the time?

32 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Hey good numbers! What turbo? Post up the chart in the section above. 2wd you will be just spinning the wheels most of the time?

Thanks, Garrett GTX45, yer 2wd, so for the street it will be fun, makes 510rwkw on 24psi with exhaust shut so that will tame it down.

Very happy considering the setup still has some restrictions, under sized exhaust etc.

• 2 years later...
On 1/5/2013 at 8:17 AM, XKLABA said:

cheers for the replies guys but cutting the factory 34 pipes isn't really an option as i plan on put a 26 back in it at some point,

I think I have come up with a solution though, turns out the 32 hoses are a bit longer then the 33/34 ones and they seem to line up perfectly,

I've fitted the one from the chassis to the plenum already and it is a perfect fit just can't for the life of me find the spear one for the other side, will post a pic when I get it done

Hey mate, is this the hose that goes into your plenum? If so I’m in the same boat looking for options.