SAU Community

Can Any One Help Me Please[brembocalipers] Please Please

neo31

hi guys.

can any one tell me if 2002 model wrx sti gold brembo calipers will bolt stright on my gtst[r33] or not??

i know that the distence btween the mounting holes on the r33 calipers are 100mm. but dont know whats on the sti gold brembo calipers. :D

so can any one help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee :(

thanks guys...

post-23580-1140856505.jpg

post-23580-1140856532.jpg

Edited by neo31

you will have to modify the rotors on the front and back to fit them, the center hole is 10mm smaller than the GTS-t ones. after you have done that the fronts should bolt on without any other troubles, but with the back you will have to use same washers to space out the caliper from the rotor as the height of the rotor is about 4mm bigger. here is all the specs on the 3 different types of rotors, personally go get brembo GTR calipers less work involved fitting them.

R33 GTS-t

Front A) 296 B)53.75 C) 30 D)68

Rear A) 297 B)63 C) 18 D)68

R33 GTR Brembo's

Front A) 324 B)53.75 C) 30 D) 68

Rear A) 300 B)63 C) 22 D) 68

WRX Sti Brembo's

Front A) 326 B)53 C) 30 D) 58

Rear A) 316 B)67.5 C) 20 D) 58

Brake.jpg

gotta attack the lower control arm with a hammer to bend it in so when you go full lock the rotor doesn't rub on the arm. the red circle is part you hammer in.

R33_brake2.jpg

other than that machine the center hole out 10mm and you might have to use 1 or 2 washers to space the caliper to fit, but i don't think you will have to as GTR rotors just bolt up with no other modifications and Sti rotors are same thickness only 2mm bigger .

Here's the specs on the HR31 rotors.

HR31 GTS

A) 274 B)47 C) 22 D) 68

Sounds like a straight foward conversion to me, bore this out, tap that out, put some spacers in here and there, oh shit need to hammer the crap out that. And there you have a complete dogs breakfast, shit i saved some money hope it works

thanks sik r31 mate for the info..

so you bleave that sti calipers will bolt stright on hr31with no mods on the mounting holes..am not realy worrie about the rotors beacuse i'll get new one anyway. but what dose worrie me if they are 100mm space like r33gtst or gtrs..

am icluding 2 pics for sti and gtr calipers . it look like to me the sti calipers mounting hole difrent to the gtr ones... the front calipers pics are for gtr. and the other full set are for sti...

cheers mate.. B)

post-23580-1140944709.jpg

post-23580-1140944738.jpg

Edited by neo31

they look the same to me just metalic paint on the GTR ones, its the angle that the pics were taken on that gives you the impression that they are different. pick common points off the calipers and compare the two pics side by side. also i thought all jap cars Nissan, Mazda, Misubishi, Subaru and Toyota all had caliper spacing of 100mm just like aussie cars such as ford and holden have 90mm spaced calipers.

let me just pull a set of GTR calipers and Sti calipers out of my arse and measure them for you. oh wait they want about $1000 for each pair of these calipers. maybe you wouldn't mind sending me $2000 and i will go get the verniers out of the shed and tell you. maybe instead of being a wanker keyboard warrior post something useful.

just rang my mate that has a 2000 model WRX and he is using 2003 brembo Sti gear on his car and the caliper spacing is 100mm so the only thing you have to do is ring DBA and get some custom rotors made to suit your HR31 neo31 . also omrae read my first post i said "personally go get brembo GTR calipers less work involved fitting them" that is a direct bolt on upgrade no engineering required i know this cause i helped my cousin do this to his R33 GTS. And what degree of engineering is required to upgrade brakes? goes to front desk at university "i would like to enroll in automotive brake upgrade engineering". so what background knowledge or experience do you have omrae.

hey sick r31.

you'll be suprise if tell you that i went this morning to one of the sti wrecken yard and they had 2004 sti statuary rid off .. and i mesere the mounting holes with my Verniers and find out they where 150mm inserf [[100mm like gtr ones]] .... i was surprise mate ...so maybe you mate was wrong about telling you that sti calipers are 100mm.. so i think i have to find out who can make another mounting bracket to fit them on my car. :(unless you know someon who makes them...

cheers mate.. ;)

Edited by neo31

why do you so badly want Sti calipers? just get some R33 GTR calipers.

[/quote

beacuse they are a lot bigger than the r33 gtrs and even bigger than r34 mate. :starwars:

if you see the caliper size of the sti ones you'll be sprize man a bout them....

thanks.. :)

yep the STI brembo is better than the factory R33 and R34 GTR caliper (i think you'll find that the R33 and R34 are the same except for the colour).

They're both leading calipers so at least that's ok.

As far as I can tell, you'll want to:

1. measure the mounting point to centre of caliper distance of the two different brembos (i.e the distance from mount holes to rotor centre to see if you need to offset the caliper

2. consider the stock rotor sizes (the skyline is 330mm or something around that)... what is the STI rotor diameter? I'm pretty sure that hte STI rotor is smaller than the GTR rotor...

3. I reckon because the STI rotor is approx the same or smaller than the GTR rotor, it will be a pain to adapt a bracket... if the rotor was bigger you could space the caliper out further from the hub with a dog bone bracket and get some 2 piece rotors to fit

4 Unless... the STI caliper can swallow a bigger disc without too much pad knock off then you might be able to do a dog bone bracket to mount the STI caliper....

sorry for the random thoughts, hope that made some sense and added something to your deliberation :|

They're both leading calipers so at least that's ok.

If the subaru caliper mounts to the front and the gtr caliper mounts to the rear of the upright how can they both be leading calipers, unless they aren't differential bore calipers

If the subaru caliper mounts to the front and the gtr caliper mounts to the rear of the upright how can they both be leading calipers, unless they aren't differential bore calipers

yes, upon further review the STI are trailing.

Sorry neo, wrong info there mate.

Will be more pain than it's worth unless the diameter of the pistons on the STI are the same (i.e. they are not differential bore - fancy name for different diameter pistons) and you can use swap the LHS and RHS calipers... otherwise if you try and mount a trailing caliper as a leading and vice versa you can't bleed it easily

PS you're wrong too omrae - the GTR mounts to the front (leading) and the STI to the rear (trailing)!

:tongue:

STI.jpg

Front0009.jpg