SAU Community

************gtr 34 V Spec*****************

GTR__34

Hey

I am looking for a 1999 model GTR 34 V spec thats in good condition with:

- SIDE AIRBAG OPTION

- LESS THAN 50 KM ON THE CLOCK

- ORIGIONAL AUCTION SHEETS

I am a genuine buyer awaiting the right car. If you know of any GTR 34's that fit my description or have one to sell, I would appreciate being contacted.

I must ad, I am looking for one priced well. We have all seen the same ones for sale at the 80K+ mark, however they do not sell. If you do want to sell however I am waiting your reply's.

Thanks

BRISBANE<SYDNEY<MELBOURNE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

I am looking for a 1999 model GTR 34 V spec thats in good condition with:

- SIDE AIRBAG OPTION

- LESS THAN 50 KM ON THE CLOCK

- ORIGIONAL AUCTION SHEETS

I am a genuine buyer awaiting the right car. If you know of any GTR 34's that fit my description or have one to sell, I would appreciate being contacted.

I must ad, I am looking for one priced well. We have all seen the same ones for sale at the 80K+ mark, however they do not sell. If you do want to sell however I am waiting your reply's.

Thanks

BRISBANE<SYDNEY<MELBOURNE

just order the one you want and be done with it....the car you want at the price you want is not in the country

just order the one you want and be done with it....the car you want at the price you want is not in the country

Thanks for your comment,

However there are many cars at the price I am looking at - if Sumone actually wants to sell their car that is. You only have to look at carpoint and carsales weekly over a period of a year and see the GTR 34 list growing with overpriced GTR's, 80k min. They were 130k (APPROX) new, and you have to remeber they are a 7-8yr old imported car, and they have depreciated more than 50k (especially when they have NO auction sheets and log books etc - thats what you have to remember, along with insurance bill of 6k a year.)

Its easy to say (just order one and be done with it) however once u give the importer your 30k deposit and your car arrives saying 30k and you check the chip 9 out of 10 of them say at least 50km (along with the other problems) - the car is yours by that stage - and in the end you may as well have waited and looked at the car before you buy it.

We are not taking about 20k r33 gtst - you must also consider its 80K - almost 90k by the time you can actually drive the car.

Saying this, these cars take time to buy a good condition GENUINE car - and I am not going to rush in and buy a lemon that no one will buy off me!

Thanks

"Jake32" Do you own or work for Grey Imports Australia?

If so, PM me with some details of prices, and we will go from there.

I must ad, how do you garentee the KM? Because If the car arrives here and I check the km, and its not what I wanted, im not buying it.

Im not trying to be smart or arrogant, however at the same time we are talking alot of $$$

"Jake32" Do you own or work for Grey Imports Australia?

If so, PM me with some details of prices, and we will go from there.

I must ad, how do you garentee the KM? Because If the car arrives here and I check the km, and its not what I wanted, im not buying it.

Im not trying to be smart or arrogant, however at the same time we are talking alot of $$$

i do own the company ,if you want client references regarding cars i have imported i will be happy to pass them on

I own a 34 GTR Vspec...can I ask what and where the side airbags are located? and what models they are on.

Mine is for sale if interested PM me.

They are located on the side of the front seatsbut unlike most cars they stick out ( looks like they were an afterthought ) and they are look ugly .

My 1999 GTR V SPec is for sale also. It doesnt have side airbags or auction papers. It is the silver speedworks car that featured in several mags a few years ago. It depends on what you are after I guess. This one has all the gear including 80k of engine (didnt get te receipts with the car when I bought it but went through them).

more info at www.horsepowerinabox.com if you are interested.

Thanks "Inabox" for your post,

However I am looking for one with side airbags and it must be close to standard as I will be having enough problems with insurance as it is.

Thanks anyways.

I know your car, I saw it for sale a while ago too about 1 yr ago, when u wanted 95k ( I think).

If I don;t get any takers within next few weeks I'll just import one and money i save will go towards my insurance...lol....

"Ricknismo"

You you are quite right about the auction sheets being usless after four years. However if its newly imported it gives you an idea of the km.

Even if the clock has been tampered with its prety easy to tell, the numbers don't line up, or by simply checking the chip.

However, you should still have these sheets or atleast asked for them from who ever you bought your car from. The people who cannot show these sheets are usually hiding sumthing, especialy if its a 7 year old car that comes from Japan with less than 10km on the clock.

Dealer in sydney has a gtr 34 with 28km on the clock and I checked the auction results and I can see why he "Didn't recieve the auction sheets" - he paid 45k for the car which has 90 on the clock.

They all get caught one day

Hey mate

you may be forgetting that you cannot identify number tampering on a digital odometer.

If you want to be pedantic, FLY to japan. Thats what i am doing. 60k isnt anything to sniff at. You will have a holiday AND the car you want for the money you want.

A trip to japan will cost you around the $2000 mark

Fair point I guess..but If something like what I did (bought it off a guy who bought it from an importer 4 years ago for $115000) then your saying I have not much chance of selling it.

I actually bought it because I knew it had been in the country a fair while and its life span was 'proven', rather than guess a mail order 34's life expectancy.

Hello

People who are in the market for a GTR 34, see the same ones for sale from the 80K mark with 50 on the clock - sum without auction sheets. You can pay 1k to an importer and get a GTR V spec from 60-69K with no more than 30 on the clock, in a colour you want, with the options you want and most importantly the auctionsheets, log books etc, however you may have to wait a month or so, but small price to pay to save 15K at least.

Most people selling GTr 's 34 at the moment won't have much of a chance of selling - you only have to look at same ones that have been on carpoint and carsales for AGES, some over 1 year.

Thanks

For instance, your gtr with 50 on the clock i can have landed and complied for about 60-65k mark, and you want 83K. Just because its been here for a while, it doesn;t mean its still legit, trust me there are heaps of people driving around it GTR's with incorrect km showing.

By having the auction sheets even if car has been here for 4 yrs, means they cannot roll back the clock. but if auction sheets show 20km 4 yrs ago, and it now says 25K you know it doesn;t add up. Iv seen people sell them with auction sheets with 30k on the sheets, however the car says under 30k, forgeting the sheets show Km, and takes 5 mins to look at the auction results.

GTr's come in and out of mechanic shops, and every mechanic knows how to do a little bit more work for an extra bit of $$$ - a common thing especially if the car has NO record of KM - giving the car a new life, and a buyer a lemon of a GTR.

You may think its going over the top, but your trying to sell a GTR too, and by the looks of things your not getn any takers, and thats why I want to get a car with FULL DOCUMENTATION, so when it comes time to selling it, people who don't buy my car, there only excuse is that they don't have the money too, or were only looking to go 4 a quick spin in a GTR. This way my 70K car isn't worth 50K - as simple as that.

Most importers I have spoken too have said a car without auction sheets is worth no more than a GTR 34 with 100 on the clock - which when you think about it its true - people will think im talking shit, but you must consider Iv seen it all, and the people who say this are most likely the ones driving around in a car with km double wat the clock is showing!

When it comes time to actually buying one you want to make sure you know wat you are getting - its a 80K GTR not a 15k GTST.

Anyone with a

Edited by GTR__34

GTR___34:

Auction sheet doens't show everything.

For instance, an R34GTR owner in Japan might just swap with a lower kay dash and then put the car into the auction. You never know unless you undo the dash and try to see if it has been tempered with.

The good thing about getting one that has already landed in Oz is you can see, feel, test drive the car. Not just by judging by auction sheet alone. Unless you can actually test drive the car in japan before purchase (which I dont think you can do that).

It's obvious that you want one with an auction sheet to prove it's kms and have already made up your mind that all oz have dud kms.

why not just import one yourself?