SAU Community

Manual And Auto R32 Gearbox Crossmembers

Can anybody confirm 100% that the auto and manual r32 gearbox cross members are different?

It's just that we've got the RB25 in (with rb20 box attached), go to bolt the cross member up, and it appears to be 2cm out to aligning up to the gearbox :D

I was sold an "manual" cross member, but when I looked at it, I remembered that when I got it ages ago it looked 100% the same as the auto. So it was either "well the cross members are the same"... or I've been ripped off by somebody who doesn't know what they are selling :no:

So are they different, or are they not? Anybody have a picture to compare?

Here is the the old auto cross member (which is the same one as in there now).. minus bush

post-1332-1142118757.jpg

they r diff when i did a manual conversion in my 32 4 door they gve me the cross member out of a 2 door 32 but was out a few cm like u said an i went back to them and they gve i think a cefiro cross member and fit perfect its just a matter of goin through some and findin 1 that fits cause i think there is 3 diff cross members

• 2 years later...
R32 Auto & Manual GB Brackets are the same apart that one says A and one says C with an arrow pointing towards clutch

Mmm not much help to the op as this thread is over 2 years old but for the record.

R32 manual and auto and r33 manual and presumably also r33 auto cross members are basically the same.

The A, B, C stamps on them designate the different setback of the chassis bolt holes relatively to the centre mount holes in 5mm steps.

I'm not sure if the particular letter designates manual or auto or whether they are graded to account for manufacturing discrepancies.

I know it's been said before but a lot of people still seem confused, the difference between the r32 manual and auto cross member bolt up is that the holes in the auto floorpan are 50mm further back than they are in the manual floorpan.

The r33 gtst manual box is a straight boltup into the r32 auto.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/12/2006 at 5:00 PM, predator said:

Looks like I've tracked one down, along with a couple of other small parts I need, so think I have it sorted.

Thanks for the pictures though - has helped a lot.

Which one did you end up using ? did the same just curious thank you for your time