SAU Community

Some b*s*a*d broke in!!

Hey all I need some advice.

On friday night I had a mate over and we were up to around 1am and never noticed anything suspicious. The next morning one of the doors at the front of the house was wide open and the garage remote control was in the middle of the table, which it shouldn't because it's always in a hidden place (lucky the keys to the cars weren't there either). Anyways, we thought nothing of it but a few hours passed and a guy from across the road came over and warned us that he had some stuff pinched from his car. This really put me on the alert so that night I made sure the skyline was locked up and armed and that the garage was secure. I even parked the SS right behind the skyline so they'd have to pinch both cars in order to get to the skyline.

Anyways the next morning, my mum bolted into my room at 2am telling me to get up as she heard the garage door open and all the sensor lights went on. So I went to a window and scoped the place out, didn't see anyone so I grabbed the bad and went outside but didn't find anyone.

I know this sounds a bit paranoid but I think some b*s*a*d (s) are trying to pinch the skyline. What can I do in order to make it less stealable? Should I spend more cash and add something to the existing alarm?

Sorry for the long post but I need help before the car goes Because it's just a matter of time before it does if they keep visiting the house.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bad S*%&....

I'd remove the passengers side kick panel so when you park it you can pull the ECU out easily !!

There is no way they'll get it going without one...

But doing that might prevoke him into coming to get you to get the car going......

Other than that, pull a few critical fuses out of the engine bay or get yourself the biggest, badest, ugliest, Rottie that hasn't been feed for a week, and let him sleep in the garage.....

as for disconnectin the battery. tis good. but get this. when i worked at the liverpool cinemas. we had staff who would take off leads and stuff to make sure their car didnt get knocked off. anyway, 2 of these guys had their cars done over and stolen! cunning bastards take parts with them, but yeah, disconnecting is a friggin good deterrent

people casing out your house ... that's not good mate :P

not really sure what you can do other than keep a weapon hidden (a bat or something) so that you can go out there and get them if you hear anything. also like adam said set up a camera that records everytime it detects motion.

forget the bat mate. they'll try to steal the car, you'll dash out with a bat and end up smacking 'em and they'll sue you. you'll end up wishing them just stole the car...

the best deterrents are visible ones, just make your car look too hard to steal and they'll go looking for another. i had a friend who was too cheap to buy a club-lock. instead he got a length of thick chain and ran it around the pedals and steering wheel. then locked it with a big ass padlock. he never had a problem.

Guest Diabolik1

bad news mate :P

id setup a camera that records whent here is motion, and maybe hook it up to a TV and VCR in your room so you can see it recording.....or like someone said earlier, get some heavy chains and chain it up somehow...

hope all works out for you man, and the thief goes to jail!

Goz

When I had an EFI in my 240Z, I had the relay for the fuel pump wired into one of those mounting blocks. Whenever I left the car anywhere, I simply took the relay with me. Its something they wouldn't expect to be missing.

So either a (removable) relay onto the power input to the ECU, or maybe just a hidden switch.

Or you could try the Jaycar In-Car alarm - 110dB screecher siren mounted INSIDE the cabin. Worked for me.

Why remove the relay when you don't need to....

Have a look at this link: http://www.dynamco.com.au/Sales/nostart_001.html

This is a great idea, but last time I checked (over 6 months ago) it still wasn't available in Australia, even though it was developed, designed, and produced here by an Australian company....

And if you catch this prick, he cant sue you if he goes missing, can he..... Tie him up, and gaffa tape him in your garage for about a year, feeding him virtually nothing. Make sure you give him just a bit to stay alive (painfully). After a year, cut off his food supply so he dies from malnutrition. Then dump his smelly body in a park somewhere... Ppl will then think he was just a bum, and no one will give a rats c**t about him!

Problem solved.

Boosted, this would be a serious long shot but you said you found the remote in a weird place. Is it possible that whoever the theiving little prick is has sourced another remote for your garage with the same frequency? Its normally as simple as getting a replacement from the company that makes them and programming it the same using the dip switches in the back.

I hope this isnt the case - Maybe it might be an idea to have the garage door controller box reprogrammed or recoded?

Sounds very sketch either way. Be careful

1. Like BY BY said, Change the frequency of your garage door, the new ones dont use dip switches so your one must be the older type. Just look up the manual or call someone to come over and change it for you. Another suggestion is to unplug the thing of a evening and just just a few garage door locks to keep it closed. I suggest the sliding door locks.

2. Call the police, tell them whats happening. Its their job to look out for you and they may be able to help out. Its also good if you told them just incase something happens later.

3. Sensor lights are your best friend, another suggestion is to get a simple alarm system for your garage, perhaps a few screamers with a motion sensor and a remote arm switch. You could get this from jaycar or an alarms reseller.

4. Tell your neighbours just in case they dont know, and give each other your mobile numbers. Neighbourhood watch works people.

5. Big dogs are cool, but easily defeated like in the movie Fletch. :D