SAU Community

- Defects -

Niss

Anyway on topic. In my big bright red noisy cefiro, which I used to go cruising in down the coast each weekend with a bunch of 'hoons' we even had 'team shitbox racing' stickers on the cars, down to the dreaded bwcp.... We never once got pulled over. I have in fact in about 2.5years of owning my car been ever pulled over 3 times. 2 of those a ticket, only once anything bad and points. Both times in the wrong. (other time was an rbt). Said it before, say it again. If you lot are getting pulled over for stupid little defects, you are either asking for it one way or another, or look like the policemans daughters ex boy friend.

If someone is pulled over by police it doesnt necessarily mean they were asking for it. In my case I think they suspected me of being a dealer since I was driving through Queens Park (slightly dodgy WA suburb), cops always patrol that suburb. I was pulled over while driving 40km/h and specifically tested for tint darkness, that was the only reason why I was pulled over.

In conclusion it is true that by driving more responsibly one does lower their chances of being pulled over, however you should be prepared to be stickered or at least pulled over no matter how well you drive, because sometimes Police will stereotype a young person driving a skyline as being up to no good, and will try to find a way to hassle you.

Goddamn you bitches whinge more than my mom. get you panties straightened and don't modify your cars if you don't want to be defected. If the parts on your car make you stand out from regular roadgoing traffic (be it bodykit, paint, tint, super green HID headlights, loud exhaust, full sik BOV etc) then obviously you're gonna attract attention from the constabulary.

Now, if those parts don't meet ADR standards or if the police have any suspicion that they don't they will defect you so that someone with the proper technical background can check it out. The work can be done by Nissan themselves, and if they don't meet ADR's OR your local state VSI's then they are well within their rights to issue you a defect.

Stop having a cry and harden up. If the going gets too hot, then get out of the frying pan.

One of my mates was arrested after being issued with an "unsafe vehicle defect" for bald tires.. he chose to drive home (less then a kilometer).
Your friend is must have been unaware of the fact that the first thing most police do when they issue a defect for bald tyres is stick around to see if the person drives the car after specifically being instructed that the car is no longer allowed to be driven on those tyres. It dosen't matter how close he is to home.

It will never get too hot for me to get out of the proverbial frying pan :O I guess the pettiness of police officers can be annoying when there is so much more real crime to fight out there.

Your friend is must have been unaware of the fact that the first thing most police do when they issue a defect for bald tyres is stick around to see if the person drives the car after specifically being instructed that the car is no longer allowed to be driven on those tyres. It dosen't matter how close he is to home.

His father's a lawyer and he informed him it would be ok for him to drive it home, thats why he did it.

it all depends on the sticker issued if it was a red sticker the car can not be driven from the time the sticker is placed on the windscreen if its yellow there is a time limit enforced anywhere from a minimum of 15 minutes to 2 weeks and if its a green sticker ( only issued to car yards and car dealers the car cannot be sold til defects are rectified )

well thats in west aus anyway

Goddamn you bitches whinge more than my mom. get you panties straightened and don't modify your cars if you don't want to be defected.

i dont think people are complaining about the police treatment as much as they want to vent their frustration over whay they see in their eyes as unfair laws. Take the classic BOV argument for example, wat people are more frustrated about is the fact that that is even a law to begin with...

so wat if air vents into the atmosphere?? police should be more concerned with the Ford XD death traps that i've seen driving around. Most of those are releasing more than "air" into the atmosphere.

They are unfairly tageting modified cars because they know we are a cash cow for the gov't and because we can afford to keep paying the same fnes over an over...

i dont think people are complaining about the police treatment as much as they want to vent their frustration over whay they see in their eyes as unfair laws. Take the classic BOV argument for example, wat people are more frustrated about is the fact that that is even a law to begin with...

so wat if air vents into the atmosphere?? police should be more concerned with the Ford XD death traps that i've seen driving around. Most of those are releasing more than "air" into the atmosphere.

They are unfairly tageting modified cars because they know we are a cash cow for the gov't and because we can afford to keep paying the same fnes over an over...

Thats so true, how many old rusty commodores do you see being pulled over for defects ?? our cars are safer by far yet we get targeted ??? how does that work

coz they arent something you see every day ( generally ) and they tend to stick out more in traffic than the usual pos commos n falcons.

thats why. theres not much you can really do to avoid it. if you have an over the top b/k ( veilside for example ) massive bling bling 20's and the biggest cannon you can find... honestly... you really dont think you will get pulled over all the time.... puhlease.

not many people have that setup on thier car tho... my friends and i didnt, and i was pulled over once a week!! most skylines out there look pretty tame imo. not alot of people even have kits on their car and are still being targeted for the most trivial laws imaginable

Edited by ctjet

they probably pulled u over cause they noticed you were driving so slowly at 40km/hr and obviously didnt want to attract there attention........... :drag:

If someone is pulled over by police it doesnt necessarily mean they were asking for it. In my case I think they suspected me of being a dealer since I was driving through Queens Park (slightly dodgy WA suburb), cops always patrol that suburb. I was pulled over while driving 40km/h and specifically tested for tint darkness, that was the only reason why I was pulled over.

In conclusion it is true that by driving more responsibly one does lower their chances of being pulled over, however you should be prepared to be stickered or at least pulled over no matter how well you drive, because sometimes Police will stereotype a young person driving a skyline as being up to no good, and will try to find a way to hassle you.

Take the classic BOV argument for example, wat people are more frustrated about is the fact that that is even a law to begin with...

The BOV law is there because venting to atmosphere changes your car's emissions.

I cbf explaining properly but I'm sure you all know that if the AFM reads X cfm amount of air has gone into your motor and the ECU dumps in fuel for X cfm of air. Now if you have a BOV then the actual air in the intake is less than what is read by the AFM right since you've vented it? So that creates a rich mixture hence more emissions.

Try to learn why the laws are in place before slagging it off.

And the answer to the initial question of this thread is simple. Don't want to get defected? Then drive a RWC or non-defectable vehicle or don't drive your defectable vehicle. Simple! :D

they probably pulled u over cause they noticed you were driving so slowly at 40km/hr and obviously didnt want to attract there attention........... :D

Actually there was a slow Lancer in front of me :( but nice try