SAU Community

Diy Aac Valve Cleaning & Idle Reset.

insu

^ all good my boss mate found the bolts in bunnings... anyways results of clenaing the AAC is freaking awesome !!!!!! my car was like idle at 600 rpm for the last year or so and always started hunting when I used Aircon/heater this has fixed everything, cars running good as new !!!!!!!!!! thanks for the write up great guide.

^ all good my boss mate found the bolts in bunnings... anyways results of clenaing the AAC is freaking awesome !!!!!! my car was like idle at 600 rpm for the last year or so and always started hunting when I used Aircon/heater this has fixed everything, cars running good as new !!!!!!!!!! thanks for the write up great guide.

Your mate sounds like his pretty awesome :D

• 2 months later...

Gave this a go and unfortunately discovered that the screws connecting the solenoid to the valve are stuck.

Just wondering if anyone has some ideas to get them out. Ive used a bit of wd40 with no luck.

• 1 month later...

I was having issues with a rough idle after start. Revs were sitting at 4-500, or the car would cut out. I'd blip the throttle, then they would pick up to 1200 or so before settling down. I came across this thread whilst troubleshooting, and it sounded like the AAC valve needed cleaning. However, I found a leak on the vacuum line between the throttle body and charcoal canister (tiny...only a few mm), Replacing that hose has fixed the problem. Sure it has been said in this thread before...but check for leaks, might save you unbolting the AAC!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanna give my a car a clean this weekend too. If the gasket is not really re-usable, can we use one of those tubes you get at auto stores for making your own gaskets? Also should it be hardening or non-hardening?

On another note though could someone help me out with what the hell is going on with my aac valve? This is the third one that I put on there because I thought something was wrong with the aac valve itself, at idle it keeps on hunting as in the revs go up to about 2000 then down to 1000 up and down up and down, if I turn the headlights on it idles fine at 1000rpmish, I've just unplugged it for now and it's idling at 900 bit i really want to get it sorted out as its getting hot and when I turn the ac on the aac valve being unplugged doesn't compensate for the rpm drop, thanks.