SAU Community

Diy Aac Valve Cleaning & Idle Reset.

insu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did this one yesterday, there was alot of build up in the idle screw. Clean the lot with coton wool, then used the air gun to dry it all off...

Only problem i had was the hose at the bottom, what a pain that was to get off. Other then that it was all good

Nice write up :bunny:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well this is my first post but I have to say what an execellent thread. Thanks for effort you put into this. I have been having idling problems since I had some new parts on the car I will give this a try first chance I get. Thanks a bunch from the UK Insu, I just hope the R33 GTR is similar to yours. :)

MidNite

ok stupid question i know but how far do i turn the idle screw in on the car (not the cpu) after i have cleaned it?

I have completed eevey step but not sure of where to set it to start the bottom steps (if u follow)

thanks

seems my car does not adjust its idle???

i tried screwing in/unscrewing the idle screw on the aac valve, nothing happens... sits at 900rpm

disconnect the TPS connector, does nothing.... still sits at 900rpm

what could be wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW this write up is sweeeeett!!!!!! iv had my r33 for around 10 months and im ready to burn the damm lemon over and over again!!! i have had idle problems from the the day my warranty ran out even total random cylinder miss fire iv spent roughly over $5,000 replacing part after part etc...etc.... but hardly no progress but i havnt tried this yet by chance the gods have forgiven me and this finally puts an end to my sorrows cheers keep you peoples posted

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your problem is with the IAC valve. (cold start idle up)

Its located on top of the inlet manifold roughly below where the throttle body resides.

The spring can flick off and result in a constant high idle. OR it becomes gummed up and sticks a little.