SAU Community

2006 Sau Competition #1!

PranK

Hi All,

Ok, time for our first proper computer art competition!

SAU, along with Kudos Motorsports have initiated a few competitions for SAU members. The first of which is the following;

Design a new SAU Banner!

• The banner will be for the dark style - Click here to change to the Dark Style
  • The banner will need to be within these dimensions: No higher than 100px and No wider than 820px.
  • The banner will replace the current banner.

Rules

• Each member can only submit 1 entry.
  • The entry is to be uploaded to this Gallery Category - here
  • Once your submission is made, you cannot edit or replace it.
  • The winner will be chosen by public vote.
  • Admins and Moderators are able to enter also due to the public vote
  • Images are not to contain nudity or anything that may be deemed offensive (Contenders will be withdrawn and warned if this rule is breached)
  • Submissions need to be in by 5pm EST 21/04/06
  • The poll will be created the same evening and the winner decided by winning votes as at 5pm EST 30/04/06

Prize

The winner will receive from Kudos Motorsports one of the following (of the winners choice);

• Nismo gear knob
  • Nismo side indicators
  • Set of NGK Iridium spark plugs
  • $40 voucher

Get Photoshopping!

kudos.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im having a go atm.. well wait for a wile incase i come up with other ideas for it to add :(

hopfuly it'll turn out good, wouldnt mind a set of indicators ya know lol

would prefer a filesize under 50kb to keep page sizes to a minimum (current banner is 24kb). preferably not flash, as it adds more complexity to the pages (having to download the correct plugins etc, annoying mouseover sounds and transitions). so static jpg or gif would be ideal. But feel free to submit a flash banner if you can make one.

how the hell do you change back from dark style to the normal, white backed screen. the inverted colours are giving me a headache

EDIT

never mind, i have just figured it out, literally as i finished typing this message

Edited by foamer_69

spewing we can only be limited to one.... i dont see the point in that, its not like its exactly cheating.... !?

Why?

Mr A is a novice and takes 5 hours to submit a banner but at this length of time simply cant submit any more.

Mr B is a pro and does 5 in an hour, which he submits and now has a 5x shot of winning over Mr A.

Just one of many scenarios.

C