SAU Community

A31 5 Stud

Hella Flush

i know its been asked... ive done some searching... but couldnt find clarification to my question...

i am getting a full s14 front and rear 5 stud kit - hubs/knuckles/brakes/lower control arms...

fronts i know is all ok

its the rears... i know r32 is generally used... but can s14 be used? cant use the rear lower arms can i?

thanks for your help in advance

I ended up using R32 calipers, splash guards and rotors on my laurel...The ceffie and laurel already comes with a drum style handbrake (same setup as skylines) so you can basically bolt off the stock gear and bolt on the R32 brakes...Everything fits and you can even user the stock handbrake cables

duno about s14 but s15 hubs on the rear wenton sweet... but the brakes are different.. well.. there is this other mechanism thing inside the disk... probably handbrake which the s15 rear cradle didnt have... anyone know how to get around this as the s15 rear disk is too small to clear this and the cef has 4 stud... just redrill it youreckon??

cheers

The mechanism is the drum handbrake...skylines come standard with these making it really easy to fit R32/33 hubs and brakes...not sure how you will get around this with the S15 brakes :D

duno about s14 but s15 hubs on the rear wenton sweet... but the brakes are different.. well.. there is this other mechanism thing inside the disk... probably handbrake which the s15 rear cradle didnt have... anyone know how to get around this as the s15 rear disk is too small to clear this and the cef has 4 stud... just redrill it youreckon??

cheers

I know I'm giving myself a plug here however the hubs we sell are a bolt on procedure. They don't require you to use S14 suspention components and can be setup as either 4 x 114.3 or 5 x 114.3 stud patterns. The only equipment you will require to finish a 5 stud conversion are R32/33/34 Rotors and Calipers, which as darcey has already stated are a bolt on procedure, however the brake lines will need to be to be converted from a banjo bolt to screw in style. This is not expensive and company such as Enzed or pirtek have mobile guys that will come and do the change very cheaply.

If you desire more information please have a read here or drop me a line via PM or email.

Soooo I was sitting at the lights the other day and this maxima pulls up next to me (late 90's model) and I looked at the wheels because they looked like S14 stockies. Upon closer inspection I looked at the stud pattern and though hang on a minute that looks like 5 x 114.3 :) and the brake were rather large aswell.

This got me thinking, would it be possible to put these onto a ceffy like what is done with the other conversions ??

After all if you can fit Ferrari brakes to an S15 im sure this is possible too! Please inform me tech gurus....

Soooo I was sitting at the lights the other day and this maxima pulls up next to me (late 90's model) and I looked at the wheels because they looked like S14 stockies. Upon closer inspection I looked at the stud pattern and though hang on a minute that looks like 5 x 114.3 :starwars: and the brake were rather large aswell.

This got me thinking, would it be possible to put these onto a ceffy like what is done with the other conversions ??

After all if you can fit Ferrari brakes to an S15 im sure this is possible too! Please inform me tech gurus....

I asked this yonks ago but cant remember what the response was lol

tried a search but can't find it... pretty sure it was one of those "not worth the effort" type responses... :s

Edited by DJ984

I asked this yonks ago but cant remember what the response was lol

tried a search but can't find it... pretty sure it was one of those "not worth the effort" type responses... :s

hmmmmm

i think they are 5 x 114.3 but i suppose are they anybigger than the rb20det brakes that came on the ceffy which had a bn38 mc........

i think the maximas were 3 litre v6 right vg30 and probably vg20s .....

could be a much cheaper upgrade but considering it is car for aussi land its probably got really weak arse brakes designed for a barina or something

ok 5 stud going in today...

using standard lower front control arms and pressing the s14 balljoints into them (pedders do it)... then bolting everything up

for the rear... getting an s13 k's non hicas or r32 gtst non hicas rear cradle later this week and swapping everything in and going to use standard rear lower control arms aswell... converting to disc handbrake also

so front 5 stud should be done today... rear next week some time...

reason for not using the front or rear lower control arms - pushes track out 10mm either side... my wheels are of a wide width and low offset as it is - i don't need any wider!

I did this only the other day on my A31 Cefiro.

It's actually pretty easy once you get your head around it.

Rears:

Don't bother swapping the cradle, it's just far more hastle than it's worth. Just unbolt all the control arms, undo the 36mm bolt on the centre of the hub that holds on the drive/half shaft. Bang it out then undo the 4 17mm bolts that hold on the hub untill they are about half undone. Hit them with a hammer and it will loosen the hub. Then just unbolt the hub and bolt on, either: S14, S15, R32,R33,R34,Z32 rear hub. They are all the same fitment. Then bolt everything back together.

I would recomend fitting R33 rear calipers and discs which fit striaght onto the existing mounts (you have to bend the dust shield back)

Fronts are as described. You can actually use the S14 lower arm if you don't want to swap the ball joints. It does however give you a lot more camber. Also remember that the holes that you mount the shock to on S14 knuckle are bigger than the S13/A31 jobbies. So you have to either sleeve the hole with a bit of copper pipe and use the S13/A31 bolts OR drill out the holes in the bottom of the shock leg so that they fit.

Linky Linky....

5 stud swap for S13 (exactly the same as A31 cefiro)

Edited by Guishnu

• 2 weeks later...