SAU Community

Hobbies Scale Model Kits

It just occured to me that I haven't seen a scale model skyline in the forum (pics).

Just wondering if any of you guys and gals have built any skyline or similar kits in your spare time?

If you have you should post up some pics of your favourites you have built and painted.

When I couldn't drive for a while I got a bit bored:

Hand painted em and spray painted the shells.

post-12712-1143372882.jpgpost-12712-1143373015.jpgpost-12712-1143373137.jpgpost-12712-1143373264.jpgpost-12712-1143373373.jpgpost-22419-1125355190.jpg

post-12712-1143373784.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've been really into building these kits lately. have built the R33/34 calsonic skylines, KURE R33 skyline, R33 nismo GTR. am currently building an R34 gt-t and a veilside S14 which is green with gold pearl. i love modifying them with bodykits, custom interiors and GT wings! i'll post up some pics through the week.....

yeah got a few, all nissans for some reason :S hehe

I'm in the middle of a 300zx .... for the past year now... it's just so cramped in the engine bay :(...

have a 350Z and an S15 sitting there waiting for me as well... and I'm looking at a few different JGTC lines to purchase as well.....

GTRsean, thats a very impressive collection there...

i had a black R32 GTR that i did... sprayed it in a black, with metallic finish to it... turned out fantastic!

its in parts at the moment though, as i bumped it and knocked it off the cupboard and it smashed :)

might do another one if i ever get the time...

i only have one model of a skyline my mother outlaw bought back fromthe states @ christmas time other than that im more into remote control cars which i have a couple of and a couleof die casts

post-23730-1143460082.jpg

post-23730-1143460097.jpg

post-23730-1143460115.jpg

How mich do these go for on average?

Id really like an N1 R32 GTR in white

Or even the Gibson GTR's

depends on where you look. some go for around $30. others are more expensive. i've seen one of the Veilside S14's with sticker price of $85! that is TOO much. because most of the cars they make are japanese, cars like the gibson GTR might be hard to find, but you can pick up some awesome jap cars like the Z tune, R32 GTR Vspec II and heaps of others.....

depends on where you look. some go for around $30. others are more expensive. i've seen one of the Veilside S14's with sticker price of $85! that is TOO much. because most of the cars they make are japanese, cars like the gibson GTR might be hard to find, but you can pick up some awesome jap cars like the Z tune, R32 GTR Vspec II and heaps of others.....

what scale was that S14 in? if it was 1:18 that isnt that bad a price, though the car it is, i really wouldnt pay that much either.

we have Vspec 34 GTR models for sale in 1:18 that are goin for $110.

can probably source a heap of models of nissan's etc if anyone interested.

morgs, i could probably source one through you through our contacts with Biante. im dead set sure i have seen R33 models on there site.

wouldn't mind a plastic model, the ones that have to be biult, i'll have a look at Biante's site, thanks

wouldn't mind a plastic model, the ones that have to be biult, i'll have a look at Biante's site, thanks

no probz

just had a look before and couldnt find em, strange coz i know ive seen the 33 gtr models on there before unless they are sold out.

can get a heap of different 32, 34 gtr models, jgtc cars, and even old skool gtr's n stuff for anyone that wants em though. :fakenopic: