SAU Community

Pinouts For The Ecu

mike40sydney

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have run an R34 GTT HKS loom and HKS FCON piggy back to a stock S1 Stagea ECU . Everything worked , I did not try the Air con though . FCON would not hold a map so I Nistuned an S2 ECU and fitted that . It has several issues , STILL HAS !! ..... PIN 51 NEEDED A RESISTOR - and now gearbox ( AUTO ) has an issue with ECU - or just an issue ! .

I can say that a GTT HKS FCON that was plugged into a stock S1 Stagea ECU using the HKS double plug loom worked - an S2 ECU with a Nistune board fitted RUNS an S1 Stagea but it has gearbox issues = tiptronic and Auto seem conflicted ! this issue is under investigation so i will update when i know ..

ok I have been given info and someone has tried it. its about a s1 stagea and running a r34gtt auto ecu. he has had it in and running fine on his s1 awd. can anyone confirm that this will work

Doubt that it would work on an auto - do you know if it was a manual S!?

I have run an R34 GTT HKS loom and HKS FCON piggy back to a stock S1 Stagea ECU . Everything worked , I did not try the Air con though . FCON would not hold a map so I Nistuned an S2 ECU and fitted that . It has several issues , STILL HAS !! ..... PIN 51 NEEDED A RESISTOR - and now gearbox ( AUTO ) has an issue with ECU - or just an issue ! .

I can say that a GTT HKS FCON that was plugged into a stock S1 Stagea ECU using the HKS double plug loom worked - an S2 ECU with a Nistune board fitted RUNS an S1 Stagea but it has gearbox issues = tiptronic and Auto seem conflicted ! this issue is under investigation so i will update when i know ..

Pretty sure it has been stated many times S2 ecu into S1 auto won't work.

I have tried a manual r34 gtt ecu in my s1. It started and ran no problem's. When warm the car had a slight miss I think bit started to go the longer I let it run. I was not able to test ac as my climate control is out of the car atm. The car that the guy I know has done it before was a s1 auto awd

I have tried a manual r34 gtt ecu in my s1. It started and ran no problem's. When warm the car had a slight miss I think bit started to go the longer I let it run. I was not able to test ac as my climate control is out of the car atm. The car that the guy I know has done it before was a s1 auto awd

I presume your car is a manual transmission?

Sorry to hijack but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm the ECU pinouts for 260rs S1 are the same as r33gtr or not. There doesn't seem to be a specific 260rs service manual anywhere.

Is s2 260rs ecu different to series 1 ecu?

• 10 months later...

well....keeping in mind there are at least 3 ecu pinouts and mine was the weird one.....I had to change from negative switch to positive switch for the compressor in my car, just modified the wiring at the relay. I don't have the detail of which pin it was but I don't remember having to change it...was a few years ago.

So start with checking what you have and what you need in the AC switch. P74 of the stagea manual shows pin 14 is the one for the first wiring type.

Looking at each diagram, my stagea doesn't have the refrigerant pressure switch at pin 57 like the r34 ecu or aux fan control relay at pin 78. How would I go about adding that to the loom to get the ac to work? Everything else as far as ac relay control signal, ac signal switch and overrun clutch solenoid (unsure if this affects ac). So it must be the pressure switch and/or fan relay control as far as I can see that is missing. can I add this in or do I have to bypass it somehow? really want to get this sorted because it's soo hot here in the desert and I have to bus my kids about a bit too.

Edited by fmlycar

It would be good to know what loom you have. Do you know the number of the original ecu? If it is the most common type then

pin 14 with G/R wire should be the air cond relay control signal

pin 21 P air cond switch signal

pin 27 outside temp sw signal 1

pin 28 outside temp sw signal 2

Do you have all of these working?

Do you know that the aircond was working before the conversion was done?

My Stagea has a GTT Link installed and the aircond worked fine (I know that doesn't help you!)

I don't have the original ecu. Its a 97 model but not sure on exact build date. Previous owner assured me it was working before the engine was removed and rebuilt, was never regassed (has been pressure tested and regassed last week) or used afterwards and had power fc in there since. Is there any other way to tell what loom I would have?

Edited by fmlycar

yep, if yours is 97 it is late type (same as R34 GTT I think). Middle model is August 96 (mine) and the first model was prior to that. Workshop manual shows the first wiring layout, I understand the late type is identical to 34 gtt but I'll let someone else confirm.

Alternatively if you post up your VIN (or pm to me if you prefer privacy) someone with FAST can look up your ECU part number to confirm

lol yeah sucks to be you. or me.

honestly I think you need someone to trace it through...I don't have the details of all the changes but there were a bunch of differences between 0V310 ECUs and the R34 loom.

Is yours running OK? Where other changes required? If it's just the AC check what trigger the compressor is expecting by either earthing or applying 12v (via a 10A fuse)

Car runs perfectly. Was just recently retuned by jaustech in Adelaide and made 240rwkw. I bridged the ac relay in the engi e bay and compressor kicked in but ac still didn't get cold. Really frustrating as I'm not confident I could get it fixed without the wiring diagrams or something to explain what needs to be done first.