SAU Community

Master Cylinder

Having a heavy duty clutch, and previously replacing my master and slave cylinder on my R32 GTS-T, i have heard that as additional pressure is needed to operate a heavy duty clutch, the stock ones (one i replaced the old one with) tend to fail quite often (every 1-2 yrs) as they are under this undue stress they were desgned for. Is this true? If so is there any stock replacements anyone can give me that will give greater amounts of pressure i need?

Cheers, David.

no, nismo dont make an upgraded clutch master as far as i know. they do make a larger bore slave cylinder which will reduce the pedal effort required to move the piston. (maybe it's the other way 'round - smaller bore). the only drawback is that you lose a little bit of clutch fork travel (easier to push, but doesnt move as much fluid - less movement).

i run an OS twin plate in my GTR. with the nismo slave pedal was easy to push, but occaisionaly had trouble getting first gear easily. swapping back to a stock slave the pedal is much heavier, but i dont mind it, plus i have that extra bit of travel back.

cheap replacement's are easy to come by aswell

the vl non turbo manual box shares the same SLAVE cylinder.

the local australian delliverd nissan patrol shares the same MASTER cyl.

from memory i picked up the master (i think it was an aftermarket replacement type) for about $25 dollars and the slave was about $30 odd. both brand new

Impul: Is that for the R32 GTR?

A genuine R32 GTR Master is about $280 but im sure their are other nissan models that use an identical item for a cheaper price.

benm nah thats 32 gts-t

32 gtr has the same slave as 33 gts-t and i assume 33 gtr.

I think the master is vacume assisted in the gtr?? so not to sure what master cylinder it could be matched with.