SAU Community

Flame Thrower Kit

wanna get a flame kit for my exhaust system but some mates are telln me not to because it willl wreck my paint job along with other stuff. i got a black car so i thought it wouldnt be as bad. then again my mates always advice me wen i do mods cuz i dun no much lol.

can u guys tell me the ups and downs of getting one.

thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last flame kit i saw used burnt a young girl badlly...

I dont hate many things but i do hate flame kits...

You would understand if you saw a scorched 5 year old girl...

Leave flame kits for fighter jets... Their not made for cars...

Well first off you will need to run an exhaust system without a cat convertor. There are a few kits available over the net that work well. But what ever you do, dont go for the DIY approach because thats where everything can go wrong.

Some kits run a spark plug in the tip of the exhaust so it ignites the unburnt fuel running through the exhaust. To make this more effective you will have to run a richer mixture but turbo cars run a rich mixture as it is.

But as mentioned earlier it can be a pretty dangerous thing to do if not done in the right environments but can put on a decent specticle. Make sure you consider all the negatives before thinking about doing it.

i know about all that. but wat dmg would it do to my car?

It shouldnt do any damage to your car if not used consistantly

Some cars actually get a metal plate made up to cover up the area around the exhaust tip to avoid damaging the paint.

thanks alot baz. im suprised know ones called me some 8 year old kid for doing this stuff. when i asked here before about getting a r34 for my 1st car everyone told me to piss off and stop watching 2f2f. i know wat i want and i can get it. i just need to know both sides before i install anything.

do u know how much this would this stuff cost?

also are there kits where u just installl and its rdy to go? or do i need to modify it my self? some mates are like i can put my own sparkplug and wire it up. but i aint into that stuff i just want it professionaly done for all the right reasons

Illegal, defectable, dangerous.

thats what i keep tellin him (i'm the one who advises him on this) but he wont listen. his reference for modifying his car is the fast and furious, which is ok for sum ppl... but he wants a flame thrower kit so he can have all his fanboys wen he rocks up to maccas on a satday night, but honestly, what would u guys think if u saw this?

Your gonna do it so i may as well point out the pros and the cons...

Maby this will help sway your decision.

Pro;

1. They impress some people

2. They are not as gay as neons

Con;

1. They are dangerous

2. They are not cheap to do properly

3. They will burn the rear bar in time

4. You need to remove the cat

5. You will get your car taken off you if you are caught with it

6. They have ongoing costs (gas kits)

7. It takes time to fit (im lazy)

8. You will be fined by the police

9. You could quite possiblly kill someone

Of you ask me there are many more cons...

I vote dont do it...

Im only impressive when it happens on a car that is doing it itself...

I mean a monster of a engine and aggressive tune...

thats what i keep tellin him (i'm the one who advises him on this) but he wont listen. his reference for modifying his car is the fast and furious, which is ok for sum ppl... but he wants a flame thrower kit so he can have all his fanboys wen he rocks up to maccas on a satday night, but honestly, what would u guys think if u saw this?

ahhahahah stfu kent ur just jelous. wat a loser tries and makes me look bad.

hRMmm that last one....might kill someone?....i dunno isnt that bad is it hahahaha. na but a on a serious note.

while driving (if i do have this kit installed) if i keep the revs low will it still spark?

Edited by anjoO

ill point this out now. i never really was into speed or power. just a bit of a show car if u get me. i cant be stuffed doin all this technical stuff just to make the car go faster aint really me. i just want my car lookn crazi. never know it might turn into a auto salon car.

im sure theres other guys out there with my tastes come on!

hRMmm that last one....might kill someone?....i dunno isnt that bad is it hahahaha.

What... This is a joke to you...

Go and do it...

Fit the kit then...

I support all your decisions...

Hey while your at it...

Jump of a bridge...

Cause they did that in the movie too... AHAHAHAHAHAHA

What... This is a joke to you...

Go and do it...

Fit the kit then...

I support all your decisions...

Hey while your at it...

Jump of a bridge...

Cause they did that in the movie too... AHAHAHAHAHAHA

i would need really good springs to keep me going after i land then :)

Honestly if you do this and drive on the road I hope you get caught and your car taken off you. Not only does it look ridiculous but it is dangerous and once again gives Skyline owners a bad name (ie. Illegal modifications)

If you are gonna do this shit, save it for the track, DON'T drive around day to day with this cos you are going to get caught.

Oh, and one last thing, if you are referencing that horrid movie Riced And Ridiculous for modifying your car, I suggest you find other sources of inspiration

Honestly if you do this and drive on the road I hope you get caught and your car taken off you. Not only does it look ridiculous but it is dangerous and once again gives Skyline owners a bad name (ie. Illegal modifications)

If you are gonna do this shit, save it for the track, DON'T drive around day to day with this cos you are going to get caught.

Oh, and one last thing, if you are referencing that horrid movie Riced And Ridiculous for modifying your car, I suggest you find other sources of inspiration

thanks for the support everyone, i've been arguin with him for weeks now, hopefully now he understands why...