SAU Community

Anyone Using Gt28rs Or Gt2871 Or T518z On Rb20det?

Trying to choose a turbo for my rb20det,

i'm after something with great response, and reasonable power.

I'm sort of tossing up between the gt28rs and gt2871r, and i'm leaning towards the gt2871r

being a drift car, i'm hoping to avoid loosing the nice response of the stock turbo, but i also want better power. I've also been told the t518z is similar to the gt2871r, so are there anyone using these turbo's who have some comments or possibly can post a dyno chart?

particularly interested in people who use their cars for drift. i'm aiming for around the 180kw mark without running too much boost (around 1 bar)

i've been passenger in a car recently with a gt2871r and power delivery was very very smooth, i was quite impressed, but the car was on stock boost and no tune, it was hard to gauge without driving the car myself or drifting it.

Alot of drifters who use laggyish turbo's can deal with it on the track for high speed, big entry sort of work, but i want something that is ok for the tight technical corners (lag tends to be a killer here if you can't keep it on boost), where you are on and off throttle at 4000-6000rpm.