SAU Community

Buying 15 y.o. R32 GT-R's...

Obviously 1989 models are now coming up for sale.

So what do you think about these? I would imagine these would have be close to stock after May but still.

Maybe 1990/1992 models will be coming up soon next year. They certainly will not be a cheap car to run but certainly fun.

I am wondering :D

T.

15 yo rule has nothin to do with what SEVS is implementing. Meaning u can import a car with wateva mods u want, they dont need to be destroyed, and ur only concern is small things like changing seatbelts, mirrors, and installing side intrusion bars if needed. Once that is done, u need to make sure the car is roadworthy and will pass through your govts car centre place (ie Adelaide = regency.)

Hope that clears up a bit for you.

Oh and 89 GTRs are horn. Wait for a heaps modded one and u should get it real cheap. Somethin in Bayside Blue would look awesome. Imagine it.

Guest 87vlt

I got an email on them. Apparently you can purchase one now and put it in storage until the 1st Jan 2004. I know next year what I'll be owning. the one I got emailed about was going to cost 21 landed and ready to register. Was pretty done up too.

yup u can bring one over now if u like and when it comes to exactly 15yrs from the date that the car was made,u can get it complied/ Engineered. Or u could get it now,do all the work needed to get it passed,then once its time all u have to do is take it there,get it ticked off and off ya go :D

if i see one for cheap im gonna get one,but i just want a normal turbo,cause i just want rwd

Originally posted by lowlux

yup u can bring one over now if u like and when it comes to exactly 15yrs from the date that the car was made,u can get it complied/ Engineered.  Or u could get it now,do all the work needed to get it passed,then once its time all u have to do is take it there,get it ticked off and off ya go :D

if i see one for cheap im gonna get one,but i just want a normal turbo,cause i just want rwd

That is so wrong onfo it isn't even funny.

Check your facts before you post .

Cheers

Ken

Originally posted by gtrken

That is so wrong onfo it isn't even funny.

Check your facts before you post .

Cheers

Ken

Wat ken is sayin is that U CANNOT bring in a 15 yo car now if its a 89 GTR for example. U have to wait until the beginning of next year, then submit ur DOTRS import approval and tick 15 or older car.

U cannot simply bring the car here now, and get the car ticked off when its 15 y.o

So yehs i agree with Ken, know ur facts before u post somethin

Guest ylwgtr
Originally posted by EnricoPalazzo

Wat ken is sayin is that U CANNOT bring in a 15 yo car now if its a 89 GTR for example. U have to wait until the beginning of next year, then submit ur DOTRS import approval and tick 15 or older car.

U cannot simply bring the car here now, and get the car ticked off when its 15 y.o

So yehs i agree with Ken, know ur facts before u post somethin

Originally posted by gtrken

14K there or here ?

Cheers

Ken

Ken, it was there...but that price (approx $14,900) was the cost all-up to get it over here (excluding ORC)...

oh and also excluding a "small storage fee" to keep it in Japan till next year so it's eligible under the 15y.o. scheme...

still cost you 2000 to get it complied, engineered

also 14k is a great price for the first month(so you pay17k on the road)

until you factor in the engine rebuild 7-10k

then you might realise wat value this car actually is

with the rebuild you have paid 25-27k (for a 89 model form jap)

then the price seems about right

pete

oh sorry i was under the impression that u could do that, my car came under the 15yr rule when i privately imported it, what if u imported under the rule if u own it for a year in japan? im sure theres a way todo it?

Guest Boxhead

low lux, i think that rule only applys if you live there and use the car, not own it and put it in storage...