SAU Community

You Know, That Really Grinds My Gears Thread.

AlphA

I had my gears ground good this afternoon...

I pulled onto canning highway from manning road and was just cruising at 60. A van pulls up next to me and goes "Hey man wind your window down". I kinda looked at him and funny and he goes "I just wanna tell you something"

The conversation went something like

HIM : "Mate you just got flashed by a speed camera"

ME : "What the hell? where was it"

HIM : "Just after we turned... I was behind you"

ME : "Whats the speed limit?"

HIM : "umm I dunno... 50?"

ME : "F%$^"

The inter car convo went for a little longer but I can't remember wtf he said. I was pretty skeptical since I've been flashed before and you definately know when its happend and I was driving at the friggen speed limit (it was 60... I double checked). I was shitting it because I have 2 points left and was 95% sure I was doing the limit anyway.

I went back and looked and there was no camera...

I checked todays multanova locations on the net and there was nothing on manning road or canning highway...

Who the hell does that?

What an asshat

You know they have rear facing cameras now dont you...

When I went past to check I put my radar detector up. Its a POS that only goes off when the camera is directly pointed at it... but it does go off. It never went off once.

I also looked for anything resembling a camera going the opposite direction down canning highway, nothing again.

I've never seen a multanova used backwards before in perth anyway. I saw two in the last week and there both facing head on.

Just though of something else, there was no reflective "You have passed a speed camera sign" either. I dout they could have packed up in the time it took for me to turn around at the next set of lights. Asshat is the only option left ;)

People who can't merge properly, can't change lanes properly, can't negotiate roundabouts properly, can't indicate properly, people on the freeway who can't do the speed limit, and people who don't indicate when turning right at an intersection with no filter lane until they are in the middle of the intersection.

So yeah, most of Perth.

Freeways, they can be hell!

i have a theory about how a four lane motorway (like the M1 in QLD that i drive to work every day) should be driven

Furthest left lane - for people entering and exiting the motorway

2nd left lane - for those ultra slow people who dont seem to notice they're holding everyone up (and for those old rich dudes in V12 bi-turbo SLK65 AMG mercs who refuse to use the power and do 80k's)

2nd right lane - for those people doing the speed limit (as no good driver would go over)

Furthest right lane - for those people, those non-law-abiding citizens, who do at least 10k's over the speed limit

i think if we could get that, then driving on the motorway would be so much easier sometimes. ;)

Freeways, they can be hell!

i have a theory about how a four lane motorway (like the M1 in QLD that i drive to work every day) should be driven

Furthest left lane - for people entering and exiting the motorway

2nd left lane - for those ultra slow people who dont seem to notice they're holding everyone up (and for those old rich dudes in V12 bi-turbo SLK65 AMG mercs who refuse to use the power and do 80k's)

2nd right lane - for those people doing the speed limit (as no good driver would go over)

Furthest right lane - for those people, those non-law-abiding citizens, who do at least 10k's over the speed limit

i think if we could get that, then driving on the motorway would be so much easier sometimes. :P

the way it should be.. chances of that happening in perth? nil.

wgmg

home builders thats right you heard me new home builders i know its your home and you want it "JUST RIGHT" but f#@$ me would you make up your f%$#ing mind about what is f%$#ing just right cause theres only so many times i can f%$#ing change things before it gets on my f%$#ing nerves and i start charging your whining a$$ a f$#@ load more for your stoopid ugly s*&thole dump of a f%$#ing house

wgmg

home builders thats right you heard me new home builders i know its your home and you want it "JUST RIGHT" but f#@$ me would you make up your f%$#ing mind about what is f%$#ing just right cause theres only so many times i can f%$#ing change things before it gets on my f%$#ing nerves and i start charging your whining a$$ a f$#@ load more for your stoopid ugly s*&thole dump of a f%$#ing house

Im a new home builder and I agree with you however..

We made 3 major changes on our house plans ( The direction the house was facing, the style of bricks and two extra windows ) we made these changes 8 months ago *They didnt make the changes and now we are getting charged for it!! 2 months ago when I got my final plans for the house my sales guy ( wankkkkker ) had not told the designers of these changes so the plans had to be re drawn up again * At a god damn cost to me... this happened about 4 flippin times untill he got it the way we asked for it 8 months ago.. We only got charged for one change but still..

+ If Im spending around $320k on a house and land deal I dont really give a flying F%^& what the builder thinks I'll kill somebody if I dont get exactly what I want.

People making last minuet changes are idiots and they should only be able to make changes to the house upto 2 months before the house is built/pad is done and final plans are given in.

Just my my 3c.

hey like i said i know its your home and i know it needs to be just right but when im told today this is it and tomorrow something different then the next day somethign different again all this after ive started i get ragy real ragy then i ban you from site (god bless oc health and safety regs) bwahahaa

oh and designers/architects are overpayed dheads who have no idea about anything to do with your home i dont know what sort of builder your using but with the guys we work for you get your plan then liase directly with the builder and trades to make it work for you trust me we know far more than the jerk with a protractor

does this make any sense we had multiple afterworker today

what grinds my gears?

teammates in your basketball team that think they're fully-sik-NBA-stylee... stop hogging the ball and snap back to reality you're not nearly as hot sh!t as you think you are. back to the basics for you.

Hell i'll say if no one else will....My mates dumb ass turn of last century water pump V-twin holds it's value as my technologically superior japanese group A conquering supercar with $15K worth of sensible mods continues to depreciate faster than a Shannonn Noll CD :)

Lowballing always pisses me off, when its done publicly too!

ugH!

you know what pisses me off, computer shops that say "oh we can get that in for you easy peasy, (an order for 20 NICs worth like 1500bux) and they NEVER CALL, let alone get it in!

Oh this was like 6mths ago, but i WAS after 100mb BOOTABLE NICs (hard as rocking horse poo to find apparently)

I was just rehashing about the same computer shop really :ninja:

my old HTPC used to have an onboard NIC with wake-on lan as a 'feature' and the early bios revisions it wasn't able to be turned off.

i used to turn the HTPC at night, and get woken up about 3 hours later by the room shaking bass that the windows media centre program opening sound would make when the HTPC somehow got the wakeup signal from one of my other pc's?!

also, bird's pooing on my skyline, and not my work car annoys the sheet out of me!

this didnt just grind my gears but it made me grind my teeth pretty hard,

ok for starters i was at lakeside joondalup buying some car cleaning products with my mate!

as we were leaving the car park going past maccas n kfc and so on we came up to the round about that leads to the traffic light then on to winton road after the lights were straithfield is located!

cuming towards the round about there was quit a bit of traffic which caused me to stop for a period of time, (as you can see in the attached diagram that i took time to create to help you get a better idea of what happend!)

refering to my diagram me and my mate were stuck in traffic there was no were to go, couldnt reverse or any thing! all of a sudden to the left of my car there was a white plumbers van and the guy wanted to cum pull out (the red car in the diaram)

he stuck then stuck his head out the window and the following took place

plumber guy: oi fu*k head move it

me: sorry mate i cant move any were

plumber guy: cum on mate, dont f*kk around with me move your fu*king car

my big mouth mate: he cant fu*king move c*nt

pluber guy: come here and say that poofter

my big mouth mate: no mate im fine, but whats wrong with your eyes u fat cu*t, you can see he cant move

the plumber guy then opened his door and got out, and said ''dont fu*k around with me ill take you both on!''

he then got bak in his car, mean while i was taking note of the address of the place he worked for on the side of his van, (i wont say the name of the place)

after about 5 mins of the guy swearing at us we then drove off, we then went to the place and waited a whole 1 n half hours waiting for him, we actually went into some of the shops in the surrounding area,

when he finaly came, we taught his car a lesson wen he went in n sped away, (i shall not mention what we did as it was a criminal act BUT IT WAS FU*kING SATISFYING!!! :ninja:

post-24878-1156771554.jpg