SAU Community

Rear Keeps Slipping!

guys

it was drizzlin' a little yesterday. Was driving the car and as i exited the round-a-bout, i gently tapped the accelerator. Now,the bloody tail just slipped .I am getting annoyed with this cause i am only doing like 20km/h.

What do you think is bloody wrong?

running very good tyres on the ride (Bridgestone Potenza Re01s all four) with 70% tread.

HELP!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this happen in the dry also??

Maybe your tyres have to much pressure in them ie its very hard..

well it happens in the dry only if i go quick.

my tyres on the front are 39psi whilst the rears are 34psi (set accurately cause i have a michelin digital gauge).

Any ideas?

HELP!!!!

Might be useless in this post but on Sunday when it was wet I had 3 people in the car (including me) and I floored it past 6000 RPM and my ass didnt even step out... i got a rear strut and nearly new Pirelli P6s...

Might be useless in this post but on Sunday when it was wet I had 3 people in the car (including me) and I floored it past 6000 RPM and my ass didnt even step out... i got a rear strut and nearly new Pirelli P6s...

well my car has the rear strut and front stabiliser.

Just keep the pedal into it and apply some opposite lock coming out of the corner ;)

I find that in my car as soon as it hits boost in 1st or 2nd gears in the wet it just goes nuts. Also remember it really does depend on what mods you are running on your car as well. Power increase mods obviously get the tail snapping easy. Suspension mods such as coilovers, harder springs/struts will also have a large impact on it as well.

Having three people in the car also probably gives the car less chance of stepping out anyway. More weight over the rear wheels. Also depends if you were coming out of a corner or flooring it down a straight.

Just keep the pedal into it and apply some opposite lock coming out of the corner ;)

I find that in my car as soon as it hits boost in 1st or 2nd gears in the wet it just goes nuts. Also remember it really does depend on what mods you are running on your car as well. Power increase mods obviously get the tail snapping easy. Suspension mods such as coilovers, harder springs/struts will also have a large impact on it as well.

Having three people in the car also probably gives the car less chance of stepping out anyway. More weight over the rear wheels. Also depends if you were coming out of a corner or flooring it down a straight.

\

nah the car is fairly stock - just aftermarket exhaust,air filter and 17 inch wheels.

I have similar mods and I have trouble in my R32 with it. Although I do have coilovers ;) If its still annoying you just hit third gear instead. I don't think there is anything wrong with your car at all. Just enjoy the nature of a RWD turbo :)

why you runnin so much pressure??

keep it around 30-32 at most.. Try that and see if it works..

I have a feelin its your tyres..

dude i will try that ;)

as i recall the skylines are to run higher pressure on front tyres because of the engine putting more weight on the car... any thoughts?

waht do you mean??

basically the rear shocks were leaking, and had lost their "shockability".... causing the rear to float allover the road, espescially around corners... and i thought it was my hicas unit playing funny buggers...lol

Edited by danielson

basically the rear shocks were leaking, and had lost their "shockability".... causing the rear to float allover the road, espescially around corners... and i thought it was my hicas unit playing funny buggers...lol

dude

have you got ur car repaired then???

are u sure your not dialing up 6000rpm in 2nd gear then dropping the clutch out of the roundabout?

u must be giving that right pedal a bit of carpet action to get the ass out so easily. i have heard stories of shagged shocks attributing to this though.

are u sure your not dialing up 6000rpm in 2nd gear then dropping the clutch out of the roundabout?

u must be giving that right pedal a bit of carpet action to get the ass out so easily. i have heard stories of shagged shocks attributing to this though.

nope...

she was like 3000rpm - that's why i am getting annoyed.. I mean, i am just granny driving it in the wet (drizzle) and it just f**ks up likethat.

i wantto find out whats wrong or sell the f**king thing.

I was in the wet, with 3 guys in the car including me, was turning right at the lights, took off normally in first when i hit 3000rpm the turbo kicked in and it tailed out, i wasn't doing more than 20kmph myself.

Sounds normal to me :)

How tight was this "roundabout"?

I was in the wet, with 3 guys in the car including me, was turning right at the lights, took off normally in first when i hit 3000rpm the turbo kicked in and it tailed out, i wasn't doing more than 20kmph myself.

Sounds normal to me :)

How tight was this "roundabout"?

yeah mediocre tight... almost needs u to full lock the damn car cause the car is big...

I have similar mods and I have trouble in my R32 with it. Although I do have coilovers :) If its still annoying you just hit third gear instead. I don't think there is anything wrong with your car at all. Just enjoy the nature of a RWD turbo :D

hmmmm yeah but when you slow down, the revs are too low for 3rd gear...

if this is part and parcel of the RWD turbo behaviour then it's fine. I am into learning it.

try on a cold night in a straight line, newish potenza's on stock rims, and some yokohama grand prix tyres on front

slow up to boost, spools, 3.2krpm and floor it, slippppp both tyres and a nice slip light comeing on....

godam comeing onto the freeway am going slow cuase of big winding arc, no one behind me, slow to 20kph and boom floor it, spinning all the way thorugh

oh good. it's just the nature of the car(r33) then?