SAU Community

Wanted: R33 Gtr - Sorted Out

Guest FastCanuck

Guest FastCanuck

Attention all you sellers considering going to a dealer and getting pennies on the dollar... don't do it! Contact me first to see if we can work out a deal... I'm not a dealer, just a car enthusiast looking for a great deal, one car only... time on my hands. :thumbsup:

I'm in the market for an R33 GTR... well sorted out, in the $23K - $28K range.

The higher end $$ would hopefully fetch a well sorted car w/ performance mods. Lower end $$$ for an untouched Godzilla.

I know from first hand experience that alot of blood, sweat & tears goes into these gems, so don't just drop 'er off at the car lot.

Hope to hear from any of you guys dealing with the drop in R33 market prices. Give an enthusiast a crack at it before making a used car dealer rich(er)!!

Post-away!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FastCanuck
hey looking for a nice R32 GTR. any help mate but budget is around $17000 or so.

John

Hi John,

Sorry, I can't help.

Saw your post... if you have time on your side, something will come around.

All the best,

FastCanuck!

Well sorted R33 GTR for $23-$28K?

Sounds like you dont know much about R33 GTR values.

$28k is about the cheapest you could expect to pick one up for, this is also on the cheap end if you were trying to import your own.

Rest assured that any GTR you buy locally for $28k is certainly not going to be "well sorted" - more like "well rooted"

Guest FastCanuck

Heya Nick & WRXHoon...

Appreciate your feedback about $28K not getting a well sorted R33 GTR.

I guess you guys are still clinging desperately onto last years pricing for R33's... $35K - $40K type pricing. :D

I was over at "Street Machines" (Brizzy) the other day - major importer of GTRs. Selling a '95 GTR R33 - unmodified under the bonnet, but w/ loads of guages, Apexi... 19" rims, stereo... flash. They drooled over my "maybe" offer of $32K. Prices have come down $10K for an R33 - just check the posts. :woot:

Given the profit these dealers make, $28K should actually fetch a pretty nice ride on the private market.

(Right in line w/ Jap import costs - $2K ship, $3K comply, $1K tires, $1K misc, 1.5M JPY.)

Heya Nick & WRXHoon...

Appreciate your feedback about $28K not getting a well sorted R33 GTR.

I guess you guys are still clinging desperately onto last years pricing for R33's... $35K - $40K type pricing. :D

I was over at "Street Machines" (Brizzy) the other day - major importer of GTRs. Selling a '95 GTR R33 - unmodified under the bonnet, but w/ loads of guages, Apexi... 19" rims, stereo... flash. They drooled over my "maybe" offer of $32K. Prices have come down $10K for an R33 - just check the posts. :P

Given the profit these dealers make, $28K should actually fetch a pretty nice ride on the private market.

(Right in line w/ Jap import costs - $2K ship, $3K comply, $1K tires, $1K misc, 1.5M JPY.)

[/quote

A 1.5 mil JPY GTR will cost you close to 30K on the road. Here is how :

1.5 mil @say 83 yen=$1 =$18072 so say $18 k

Import duty on that $1.8

transport and customs etc... $2.

Gst on all that $2.08

compliance $3.

Tyres ( crap) $1.

total $27,800

What about brake pads( front are $1k) , rotors, aftermarket part removal, finding stock parts +rego + stamp duty . What about the risk involved in importing ( especialy old cars ), what if you cant comply it ( rust , previous body damage, etc.

As you can see the 1.5 mil car can easily go well over $30k .

When you buy your $28 k stocker, i wont be surprised to find a post that says its making a ticking sound .

To fix that add $6- 10 k , then you can see the $28k car quickly going to $35 k .

Good luck in your search though and let us know when you find one ...

Guest FastCanuck

A 1.5 mil JPY GTR will cost you close to 30K on the road. Here is how

Import duty on that $1.8

Gst on all that $2.08

compliance $3.

Tyres ( crap) $1.

total $27,800

What about brake pads( front are $1k) , rotors, aftermarket part removal, finding stock parts +rego + stamp duty . What about the risk involved in importing ( especialy old cars ), what if you cant comply it ( rust , previous body damage, etc.

When you buy your $28 k stocker, i wont be surprised to find a post that says its making a ticking sound .

To fix that add $6- 10 k , then you can see the $28k car quickly going to $35 k .

--------------------

Hi WRX hoon,

The current exchange rate is actually about 86 JPY to the Auz $, so the cost would be $600 less than your calculated value - $28,200... and that's if you pay the hefty 1.5M JPY. I statistcally anayzed the historical values at USS et al, and the median is 1.363 JPY... using that figure, the total cost is $25,576 AUZ.

The JPY market hasn't moved nearly as much as the Auz market. Just check the posts for all these guys desperate to sell their cars, dropping $11K - $15K++ off their starting price. Fuel costs up, depreciating (expensive) vehicles down.

If you hand pick the $25K - $28K GTR (stocker), then you avoid the "ticking" sounds, illegal mods, body damage - rooted car. (Maybe a nice holiday loaded w/ Sushi.)

I'm a car lover as much as the next guy... but if guys want to sell their GTRs before the other 15 guys dropping their pants already, they'll have to get in line with JPY market values. :rofl:

The days of a dealer making big $$ off lazy "suckers" are over.

Guest FastCanuck
Is this thread a joke, cause its very very funny

Hi AllBlitz,

It's no joke. You're obviously very "sensitive", as it looks as though you are a dealer. Sorry to insult...

Reality is the GTR's aren't moving, so prices are coming down. Straight from the mouths of babes (actual dealer words - Street Machines, brizzy)... see earlier post.

A 1.5 mil JPY GTR will cost you close to 30K on the road. Here is how

Import duty on that $1.8

Gst on all that $2.08

compliance $3.

Tyres ( crap) $1.

total $27,800

--------------------

Hi WRX hoon,

The current exchange rate is actually about 86 JPY to the Auz $, so the cost would be $600 less than your calculated value - $28,200... and that's if you pay the hefty 1.5M JPY. I statistcally anayzed the historical values at USS et al, and the median is 1.363 JPY... using that figure, the total cost is $25,576 AUZ.

The JPY market hasn't moved nearly as much as the Auz market. Just check the posts for all these guys desperate to sell their cars, dropping $11K - $15K++ off their starting price. Fuel costs up, depreciating (expensive) vehicles down.

If you hand pick the $25K - $28K GTR (stocker), then you avoid the "ticking" sounds, illegal mods, body damage - rooted car. (Maybe a nice holiday loaded w/ Sushi.)

I'm a car lover as much as the next guy... but if guys want to sell their GTRs before the other 15 guys dropping their pants already, they'll have to get in line with JPY market values. :)

The days of a dealer making big $$ off lazy "suckers" are over.

It just goes to show you how missinformed you are, the exchange rate is $1=84.09 JPY as we speak and yesterday it dipped to low 83's. What makes you think you can get 84 today just because the rate is 84? Dont you think the banks want to make a proffit? Thank God for that as i'm a shareholder. The best you will get today would be 82 something . Just in case you dont believe that i know what i'm talking about have a look bellow. I would give you the link but you cant get in unless you are a client and i'm not giving you my password.

Just like you are missinformed on the exchange rate, you are equaly missinformed on the car prices .

The calculations that i gave you was for a 1.5 mil car and it was the very minimum, i can guarantee you it will cost you more for the reasons i gave you above .

As for the 1.5 mil being hefty, i have stats to show you cars ( well sorted , asyou put it) that have sold for well over 2 mil even 3 mil and its very rare that you see one at 1mil or bellow, evn R rated.

Good luck hand picking up your stocker sorted 33GTR for $25-28k ( i noticed it went up by a couple $k already).

For your information i'm not a dealer but i happen to know how much they sell for, i sold one recently and i own a $ GTR as well as a series III 33 ( well sorted out and not for sale).

Let us know when you find what you are looking for though..........

Movers and Shakers Top 10 By Value

Code News Last$ +/- Change% Value$

BHP 30.130 0.200 0.67% 402,608,867

TLS 3.820 0.030 0.79% 106,866,796

ANZ 27.050 -0.360 -1.31% 89,862,835

NAB 37.070 0.170 0.46% 78,652,703

RIO 82.500 -0.050 -0.06% 74,979,027

WBC 23.990 -0.040 -0.17% 66,485,040

ZFX 11.630 0.630 5.73% 62,568,543

NWS 26.060 0.370 1.44% 55,581,782

OXR 3.240 0.160 5.19% 52,170,577

LHG 3.160 0.130 4.29% 51,015,554

More Movers

BHP Completes US$2 billion capital return

Market Sensitive Notice Received 17/05/2006 8:33 AM

Click for detailsTLS Appoints two new Non-Executive Directors

Market Sensitive Notice Received 17/05/2006 8:34 AM

Click for detailsANZ SEATS ACCESS CODE ANZCD

Market Sensitive Notice Received 16/05/2006 9:27 AM

Click for detailsNAB KKT: NAB selects Konekt

Notice Received 17/05/2006 8:40 AM

Click for detailsRIO Rio Tinto plc share transaction 16 May 2006

Notice Received 17/05/2006 9:42 AM

Click for detailsZFX Daily Share Buy-Back Notice

Notice Received 17/05/2006 9:00 AM

Click for detailsNWS Daily Share Buy-Back Notice

Notice Received 17/05/2006 10:44 AM

Click for details

NEWS

Latest ASX Announcements

NKL 1:25PM Audio Broadcast - Activity Update

SGB 1:23PM Appendix 3B

CTW 1:21PM Citi IAG Barrier Special Dividend Adju...

NKL 1:20PM Drilling Update - Mexico

FXR 1:19PM To Capitalise on Zinc Discoveries

Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader

More

Stock Market Commentary

TODAY

Australian Shares Midday: Up 0.3% On Commodities Bounce

Aspect Huntley Morning Notes

ASIAN MORNING BRIEFING: US Shares Slip After -2-

16/05/2006

Australian Shares Midday: Down 0.2%; Resources Shaky

Aspect Huntley Morning Notes

More

Economic

TODAY

DATA VIEW: Australian Wage Pressure Abates, Heat Off -2-

DATA VIEW: Australian Wage Pressure Abates, Heat Off RBA

Asia-Pacific Political, Economic Calendar - Week Ahead

More

Economic Calendar

TODAY

More

Australian Indices

All Ordinaries 5,178.20 7.90

S&P/ASX 200 5,223.30 5.90

S&P/ASX 200 Engy 12,406.90 116.30

S&P/ASX 200 Ind 5,439.80 -4.20

As at 17 May 1:29PM More Indices

World Markets

Index Close Change

Dow Jones 11,419.89 -8.88

Nikkei 16,158.42 -328.49

NASDAQ 2,229.13 -9.39

S&P 500 1,292.08 -2.42

FTSE 5,846.20 4.90

As at 17 May 8:04AM

Sydney Futures Exchange

Last Change

SPI 200 Jun 2006

5,211.00 -6.00

Australian Dollar Jun 2006

Treasury Bond 3 yr Jun 2006

942.80 0.10

Treasury Bond 10 yr Jun 2006

94.24 0.02

90 Day NZ Bank Bill Jun 2006

92.53 -0.02

More Futures

Data provided by FutureSource As at 1:18PM

Currency Cross Rates ($AU)

Currency Last Change

US Dollar 0.7687 0.0013

GB Sterling 0.4068 0.0003

Euro 0.5977 0.0010

Japanese Yen 84.0900 -0.1300

More Currencies

Data provided by FutureSource As at 1:08PM

Precious Metals ($US per oz)

Metal Last Change

Gold 701.05 3.00

Silver 13.73 -0.03

Platinum 1,311.50 6.00

More Metals

Data provided by FutureSource As at 12:06PM

Read the disclaimer & privacy policy before using this website

© Andrew West & Co. Limited 1999 - 2006 Member of the Australian Stock Exchange Limited ABN 69 081 002 851 Australian Financial Services No:246381

Home | Preferences | Contact Us

Stock ListsTradeQuoteDepthCourse Of SalesNewsResearchChartBuySellSELL at this priceALERT me at this priceBUY at this priceALERT me at this priceBUY at this priceSELL at this priceALERT me at this priceSELL at this priceBUY at this priceALERT me at this priceALERT me at this price

Its pointless arguing with someone who hasnt the faintest clue what they are talking about, yet believes they are an expert on GTR market values.

If you seriously believe that you can pickup a GTR for $28k in respectable condition, "well sorted" then please, go right ahead, but believe me you are asking to be taught a very expensive lesson.

It sounds to me like you are eager to enter the world of GTR ownership, but have limited funds available, as anyone with half a clue knows you pay for what you get, and buying the cheapest GTR you can find is going to end in tears.

Someone that really knows what they want, and has done their homework would be setting themselves a significantly higher budget if they intend buying a quality GTR, and not a heap of shit.

Hi FastCanuck, wrxhoon and blitz know what they are talking about.

I can see where you are coming from though, you are hoping to pick up a car that would normally private sell for about 35k at a trade in price of about 25-28k.... It possible but you may be waiting a while since no one wants to let thier GTR go that cheap. You are right demand has dropped for the skylines in general, due to a lot of people importing them and then deciding they don't want them 6 months later so now the market is flooded...

Unfortunatly you will have more of a chance of picking up a Lemon for that price than a good one... We've seen it with the R32 GTR's, lots of guys imported them under the 15 year rule, got them cheap and a lot of them ended up with a stuffed engine not long after they bought them.

I think the best deal i've seen for an R33 GTR which is a nice/good one is the one that GTRgeoff picked up for about 30k... that got snapped up very quickly because it was that cheap and was in pretty good condition...

If you hang out long enough you may find something close to what you're after, but don't expect it to be anytime soon...

GoodLuck.

Jerry, I actually read (on the internet - it must be true) that one can purchase an R34 V Spec II with a JUN stroker crate engine and 1200PS for around $12,000 with 12 months warranty and a lifetime warranty.

I think you are correct Nick but someone forgot the extra 0 on that number .......

If only i could buy the parts to build it for X3 that amount would be nice...

I actualy know someone selling a 33 gtr for $23 k, only one little problem, it was de-registered 3 years ago, it has to go to EPA for full test. He has been trying on and off for the last 3 years to pass but she wont pass emissions, she has to much blow-by. Nothing that $10 k cant fix though.

Maybe i should tell Fast to go and buy that ( its well sorted after all and the blow-by comes free).

There is the car for you Fast, i know this car ( not mine ), its quite a good car, for the money you wont find better.

If you are not in Sydney jump in the plane and inspect it now, before its to late ..http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=3006471&current_rec=30&used_rec=2&total_rec=40&sort_type=&total_rec=40&sort_type=&make_id=5&model_id=73&state_id=2&search_distance=25&year_min=1995&year_max=1995