SAU Community

Wanted: R33 Gtr - Sorted Out

Guest FastCanuck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i nearly bought a FANTASTIC example with great mods for $33,000...

now the reason i didnt is because the original Chassis # was hand engraved and not stamped like others, which i just couldnt trust.. Maybe that is why it was so cheap. who knows... It was very hard to for me to decide to let it go.

now your talking about $5,000 cheaper again... Not a chance...

Buy generally you get what you pay for..

I do realise you are wanting to buy something at a 'trade' price but i dont like your chances of finding anything you want

you talk about average value, but that includes R grade, 1 grade etc. realistically the only cars worth looking at a grade 4B or better. i also suspect you may be talking a bit of nonsense as i dont know how you got actual sales prices from all USS auction houses as they dont publish them. 3rd part companies do list auction results but i've yet to find one that is 100% reliable and most dont publish sale prices, they publish auction end prices. think about the difference for a minute. you have also not factored in paying anyone to find, bid, buy deregister and ship the car for you. need around 100000yen for that.

you have obviously never had to send money to japan or you would have known about the difference between published exchange rates and sell rates from banks.

a 33 GTR in japan worth buying will cost you a lot more than 1.5mil by the time it's on a boat in japan. yes sometimes cheap ones come up by chance but you may have to wait 6 months and bid on a shit load of cars for that to happen and i suspect by now your agent in japan will be sick of low ball bidding on cars for you and not getting paid anything for his trouble.

above all this i wouldnt worry too much about the initial cost of the car. maintaining and modifying the car is where the $$$ is.

think about:

a few $K per year for insurance

$1K per year rego (doesnt really count i guess but adds up if you have a few cars)

set of simple low mounts $3.5K + labour

nice exhaust $1K

FMIC upgrade $2K

oil cooler $1k

PFC $1K

tuning $500

brake parts (stock size) $1K+

some nice wheels $3K

nice tyres $2K

and on and on and on.

and believe me if you are actually into your car and care for it you will want all that stuff and more. plus dont forget servicing etc. yes all those prices are high but that is what good quality japanese parts cost. if you want to buy cheap chinese parts maybe buy a cheap chinese car. GTR deserves the good gear. it will be easy to spend $10K per year just slowly modifying and properly maintaining your GTR. so worrying about $5K here or there on the purchase price seems a bit silly to me.

my honest advice. if you want a GTR dont limit yourself to a price. limit yourself to what you WONT accept in a car. find a quality car first, then worry about price.

having said all that. sometimes people need money badly. this may force them to sell a car cheaper than what they would like. if you can be in the right place at the right time then you may get a bargain. but generally people who are financially forced into selling their pride and joy have not had the money to properly maintain it for a long time before the crunch came so beware.

Guest FastCanuck

Heya guys...

Don't we all just sound like bunch of women. (...specially (all)Blitz & ASX-hoon.)

Post has lotsa good bumps... so hopefully the sellers will see it. Thx.

Yup... so, maybe $26-$32 K (yes, it's called negotiating - don't offer your max $$ upfront $24-$28K) will catch a nice ride. Guys are posting at $38K for a (sorted?) modded '95 GTR. I'll get it for $33 MAX (~10% more). (Dealer would want $40K++ for the same car. Value added: nil.) Stuff 'em.

Noticed, also, that most all you guys are South... wonder if Brizzy prices are better??

Previous post... I had a guy at Street Machines drooling over my (maybe) offer of $32K for a '95 GTR w/ loads of in-car goodies, 19" rims, Apexi, sound, guages... & filter pods... ... ... It WAS an Australian purchase for them... So, what do y'all figure he paid for it? -profit- (Quiet in here...??)

Hope to join your (elite) group soon... and turf the German trouble - Audi!!

Guest FastCanuck
my mate has a couple for sale in the 26k mark let me know if your intrested and ill get some details on it, i know its white colour and has a cat back system and bit and pieces.

PM'ed ya. Send me some details!!

Don't we all just sound like bunch of women. (...specially (all)Blitz & ASX-hoon.)

I dont know who ASX-hoon is but if you refering to me, i'm not a woman, i think you maybe though .

Why can't you aknowledge that you have no idea in what you are talking about. No idea on GTR prices and no idea on exchange rates either.

I think i have some idea on both as i have done it before so have a few others here that are trying to open your eyes, like blitz, BB, ferni etc..

Why dont you ask allblitz how much a GTR costs in japan and how much it would cost you to land one here and put it on the road . He does it every day......

$ 32k you are getting closer to the mark now for an average 95 model 33 GTR with a tired engine. If you want to pay a bit more you may get a better ( close to sorted ) v-spec.

Hey Nick, can we just have this tool banned? Or maybe he needs a reminder that this site belongs to someone who's rules we all abide by. (Makes note to donate to Christian again as well)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...0entry2175988

I honestly think there is no helping people, what with the exceptional advice given thus far.

BTW you are welcome to consider my R33 GTR. Racepace engine with attention to oiling systems, Racepace clutch, steel turbined stock turbs, great sounding exhaust, Bilsteins and whiteline kit inc swaybars, adjustable cam gears, Recaro seats with recaro rails, 260rwkw on the stock computer @ 1bar, 18" Bronze TE37's with 275's all around, Midnight Purple, dark tint, very close competitor against some nicely race prepped GTR's at DECA so a proven performer and the famous GTRgeoff designed, engineered and fabricated limited edition red chromoly HICAS lock to be fitted before the next DECA. Offers over $40K. Can be seen permanently in Brisbane in about 2 months. Too many cars in the driveway, what with 3 R33's and an SC400 and the Lynx. No I'm not a dealer, just a weapons engineer with a few side businesses. And yes, I like a few lucky people have a smashingly well sorted GTR and you do not!!! Nor will you, at least not one that runs, the way you are going.

Feel free not to ask for help when the engine busts but do post in my thread below to add to my database.

Guest FastCanuck

Like I said guys... if you don't want shit in your posts, keep the hell out of mine with your opinions.

I'm sure Nick realizes that the only reason your forum got a few posts from me, Allblitz, if that you jumped into my forum, first... and posted, "is this a joke"? What did you expect would happen? Eye for an eye. (Car dealers belong outside the private ads section, right?)

Noticed that not one of you have answered up to my question, posted for the second time:

"I had a guy at Street Machines drooling over my (maybe) offer of $32K for a '95 GTR w/ loads of in-car goodies, 19" rims, Apexi, sound, guages... & filter pods... ... ... It WAS an Australian purchase for them... So, what do y'all figure he paid for it? -profit- (Quiet in here...??)"

(Hi GTRGeoff... I'll pass on your overpriced $40K GTR. Best of luck with that one...)

(ASXHoon - only ___ folk pay posted bank exchange rates when x-ferring over $10k cash. Well known fact that you can get a much better deal, just by asking... Save quite a few $$$)

Noticed that not one of you have answered up to my question, posted for the second time:

"I had a guy at Street Machines drooling over my (maybe) offer of $32K for a '95 GTR w/ loads of in-car goodies, 19" rims, Apexi, sound, guages... & filter pods... ... ... It WAS an Australian purchase for them... So, what do y'all figure he paid for it? -profit- (Quiet in here...??)"

I'll try

- How do we know its the truth? I could say i paid 10k for my R33 GTR, just because i said it doesn't make it true....

- Maybe there is something wrong with the car and the dealers know it so they want to get rid of it...

there are lots of other reasons... only one way to find out, buy it for 32k and see how you go, if its still going good in 12months and you're still happy with it, then you got a good deal :thumbsup:

Guest FastCanuck
I'll try

- How do we know its the truth? I could say i paid 10k for my R33 GTR, just because i said it doesn't make it true....

- Maybe there is something wrong with the car and the dealers know it so they want to get rid of it...

there are lots of other reasons... only one way to find out, buy it for 32k and see how you go, if its still going good in 12months and you're still happy with it, then you got a good deal ;)

Thanks Ferni. "Kind words." ;)

You never do know about the condition of a vehicle... you're right. They stated they had is checked three(3) times... surprising to me, too; compression tests et al. I'd get it checked 200% before signing the dotted line, of course. Any advice about the "major" GTR flaw/flog I should look for? :)

(Not pulling anyones leg "$10K"... if you're local to Brizzy, you can check it out yourself - Street Machines. Asking price is $35K - very negotiable, of course.) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ferni. "Kind words." ;)

You never do know about the condition of a vehicle... you're right. They stated they had is checked three(3) times... surprising to me, too; compression tests et al. I'd get it checked 200% before signing the dotted line, of course. Any advice about the "major" GTR flaw/flog I should look for? :)

(Not pulling anyones leg "$10K"... if you're local to Brizzy, you can check it out yourself - Street Machines. Asking price is $35K - very negotiable, of course.) :thumbsup:

Look canuck, if you are happy, then buy the car.

Your attitude in here is coming across a little rude, and we have all tried to tell you based on our knowledge and experience that a quality R33 GTR priced in the low $30k's is a very rare occurance, and received abrasive responses from you. Walking in to a Skyline forum, and then proceeding to tell GTRGeoff that you "pass on his overpriced $40k GTR" isnt going to get you very far, and shows that you perhaps dont realise that a fully built GTR is very different to your average 33 GTR with wheels and pod filters, and can very easily fetch well into the $40k's and beyond depending on the extent of its modifications, overall condition, year of manufacture etc.

Its funny, you see a few GTR owners that face financial difficulties and have to sarifice the price of their car to move it, and suddenly the market perception is that all such cars should be just as cheap, this is very very wrong.

We have seen plenty of people that have found "cheap" cars, and thought they struck gold and unfortunately the experience has ended in expensive problems, and lots of areas on the car that required attention. People on this forum always try and assist fellow enthusiasts by making sure they have all the knowledge in front of them and know what to look out for.

Reading your post above, it sounds like you are prepared to purchase based on an assurance that street machines has given you that the vehicle has been thoroughly checked/tested. Is this correct? I personally wouldnt believe ANY dealer that "assures" me that the car is ok. For me to have peace of mind in laying down $30k, I would want the car checked by an independant workshop that I trust, and have things like the compression tested performed with me present. There are a number of very reputable GTR workshops around QLD that you can speak to about providing this independant second opinion on the car for you and it shouldnt cost you alot at all.

The final decision rests with you, if you are confident in this car you have found, then by all means lay down the dollars, and if it turns out to be a genuine bargain buy, then kudos to you!

Best of luck

i've never seen a car dealer drool over a 'maybe' offer. i would like to see that. i would say he just assumed you were another clown with your half arsed 'maybe offer' and was wondering how long it would take for you to leave.

i saw a ferrari dealer get a little excited when i gave a maybe offer of $200 000 for a used near new F430. how much do you think he paid for that. or perhaps he realised i didnt have a spare $200 000 and was just wating for me to f**k off. understand my point yet?

(

ASXHoon - only ___ folk pay posted bank exchange rates when x-ferring over $10k cash. Well known fact that you can get a much better deal, just by asking... Save quite a few $$$)

You cant even get my name half right and you think you can get the exchange rate right.

Can you tell me where i can get a higher rate than the published one? Any amount will do, never mind $10k then i can start selling to the dealers, make easy money even on a fraction of Yen never mind 3 yen in $ extra. You think exchanging $10k is a lot of money, its not even pocket money when it comes to exchanging currency.

Now i can understand why you think you will buy a "sorted 33 GTR for $23k. In your sleep...........so keep dreaming ........... when you wake up you will realise thats not going to happen any time soon....

Guest FastCanuck
Look canuck, if you are happy, then buy the car.

Your attitude in here is coming across a little rude, and we have all tried to tell you based on our knowledge and experience that a quality R33 GTR priced in the low $30k's is a very rare occurance, and received abrasive responses from you. Walking in to a Skyline forum, and then proceeding to tell GTRGeoff that you "pass on his overpriced $40k GTR" isnt going to get you very far, and shows that you perhaps dont realise that a fully built GTR is very different to your average 33 GTR with wheels and pod filters, and can very easily fetch well into the $40k's depending on the extent of its modifications.

Its funny, you see a few GTR owners that face financial difficulties and have to sarifice the price of their car to move it, and suddenly the market perception is that all such cars should be just as cheap, this is very very wrong.

We have seen plenty of people that have found "cheap" cars, and thought they struck gold and unfortunately the experience has ended in expensive problems, and lots of areas on the car that required attention. People on this forum always try and assist fellow enthusiasts by making sure they have all the knowledge in front of them and know what to look out for.

Reading your post above, it sounds like you are prepared to purchase based on an assurance that street machines has given you that the vehicle has been thoroughly checked/tested. Is this correct? I personally wouldnt believe ANY dealer that "assures" me that the car is ok. For me to have peace of mind in laying down $30k, I would want the car checked by an independant workshop that I trust, and have things like the compression tested performed with me present. There are a number of very reputable GTR workshops around QLD that you can speak to about providing this independant second opinion on the car for you and it shouldnt cost you alot at all.

The final decision rests with you, if you are confident in this car you have found, then by all means lay down the dollars, and if it turns out to be a genuine bargain buy, then kudos to you!

Best of luck

Thanks Blitz. Very kind words (mostly)...

I would intend to have the vehicle checked over myself... I do not trust dealers at all, ever. Period. Having said that, when a dealer tells me they've checked it over 3 times... and they say they'll give me paperwork... then, I tell them "here's my offer", contigent on healthy check-up... and YOU'RE paying for the check-up if anything comes up (in our check that shows full on OK in your three checks). (No dealer fibbing.)

In any case, I'm more in the market for an unflogged modded car... so I appreciate the $40K cost for GTRGeoff's car. However, all posts herein state you never get your mod $$ back, thus the $10K drops in prices... and those cars are still not moving. All dealers in Brizzy say R33's are taking a shit kicking...

Every post to argue my point, to date, has been...

...By someone with a vested interestin selling their own ride (or a dealer) PO'ed about my post, and rude straight out of the gate (Call my post a joke? No.)

... OR, someone "proving" import costs. I know the costs... they're correct... but they're now "overpriced" vs. Auz market. Last years market. What matters is are the R33's moving at $40K in Auz? No. So, the price comes down. Brizzy dealers are already dropping prices... private sellers always lag, hoping for the best. It really looks like it's more than a few guys in financial difficulty - all Brizzy dealers I've been to are on the same wavelength.

Not the case in Sydney (yet)?

Thanks Blitz. Very kind words (mostly)...

I would intend to have the vehicle checked over myself... I do not trust dealers at all, ever. Period. Having said that, when a dealer tells me they've checked it over 3 times... and they say they'll give me paperwork... then, I tell them "here's my offer", contigent on healthy check-up... and YOU'RE paying for the check-up if anything comes up (in our check that shows full on OK in your three checks). (No dealer fibbing.)

In any case, I'm more in the market for an unflogged modded car... so I appreciate the $40K cost for GTRGeoff's car. However, all posts herein state you never get your mod $$ back, thus the $10K drops in prices... and those cars are still not moving. All dealers in Brizzy say R33's are taking a shit kicking...

Every post to argue my point, to date, has been...

...By someone with a vested interestin selling their own ride (or a dealer) PO'ed about my post, and rude straight out of the gate (Call my post a joke? No.)

... OR, someone "proving" import costs. I know the costs... they're correct... but they're now "overpriced" vs. Auz market. Last years market. What matters is are the R33's moving at $40K in Auz? No. So, the price comes down. Brizzy dealers are already dropping prices... private sellers always lag, hoping for the best. It really looks like it's more than a few guys in financial difficulty - all Brizzy dealers I've been to are on the same wavelength.

Not the case in Sydney (yet)?

Minor detail, but Skyline pricing in Brisbane has always been significantly cheaper than other states.

Guest FastCanuck
i've never seen a car dealer drool over a 'maybe' offer. i would like to see that. i would say he just assumed you were another clown with your half arsed 'maybe offer' and was wondering how long it would take for you to leave.

i saw a ferrari dealer get a little excited when i gave a maybe offer of $200 000 for a used near new F430. how much do you think he paid for that. or perhaps he realised i didnt have a spare $200 000 and was just wating for me to f**k off. understand my point yet?

Drove the car, hard... so he was genuine about accepting my offer. And, I was I the market.

I don't go in to waste dealer's time... like you obviously did with the F430. I'm sure he's making his 20%+/-, as most dealers look for... and you don't drive the car if your offer is a joke.

Point is, guys, teh guy at Street Machines likely paid about $25k for that car, listed at $35K.... willing to accept $32K. That's what my post is all about... getting the same deal a dealer gets from a guy needing cash now.

Guest FastCanuck
(

You cant even get my name half right and you think you can get the exchange rate right.

Can you tell me where i can get a higher rate than the published one? Any amount will do, never mind $10k then i can start selling to the dealers, make easy money even on a fraction of Yen never mind 3 yen in $ extra. You think exchanging $10k is a lot of money, its not even pocket money when it comes to exchanging currency.

Now i can understand why you think you will buy a "sorted 33 GTR for $23k. In your sleep...........so keep dreaming ........... when you wake up you will realise thats not going to happen any time soon....

ASX-hoon... everyone else has cleaned up their verbage, except you. I'd offer you up bank details on my last x-fer to prove you can get exchange rates better than posted... but you're just not a nice guy. $100K+ you can get a significant increase, $10K+ some; no, not alot of money for a mid-6-figure earner, O&G industry.

This will be my last post responding to you unless you "get nice"... have the last word if that's your thing.