SAU Community

Nismo Lsd

getting a 2 way might not be that bad. U might have scored a Pro LSD which u can adjust the preload on it....which is the same diff i have :D

How much preload variation can you get on this? Does it use the stock inner C/V joints / stub axles? Can you get alternative ramp angles for it? Was thinking of getting one of those! Cheers

from memory 4kg, 7kg, and 12kg preload (ie soft medium and hard) Mine uses (in r32 gtst) stock everything. It should come with new stub axle bearings too in a new kit? Im not sure but mine was a complete overhaul done. Only thing is i want a ratio change now so im swapping to a 3.9 r200 shortnose crownwheel and pinion :D

from memory 4kg, 7kg, and 12kg preload (ie soft medium and hard) Mine uses (in r32 gtst) stock everything. It should come with new stub axle bearings too in a new kit? Im not sure but mine was a complete overhaul done. Only thing is i want a ratio change now so im swapping to a 3.9 r200 shortnose crownwheel and pinion :D

Thanks for the speedy reply! Are they available in both 1.5 and 2 way? Any idea if the ramp angles are available in alternative configurations for 1.5 way? Cheers.

i guess if it is the pro adjustable one it will be a bonus but i don't like the idea of it stepping out when i decellerate! the 1.5 way semmed perfect for what i want! i'll go take some piccies!

I'tll only step out if you want it to ie dont pop the clutch on a down change. If you are braking hard, push the clutch in and hold it (like u normally do)

Ive had to do an emergency brake before (some moron pulled across infront of me, then stopped) and i clutched it and braked at the same time. It stopped like a normal car would.

People seem to worry too much with these diffs....

need a close up pic of the key hole on the side to tell what it is. It hasnt got a cw attached either, so u can either fit the r32 diff ratio, or buy the 3.9 gear and swap it in at the same time. Looks like it has new side bearings too...

ye, its got new side bearings, got to go to work now but i'll take some pics of the keyhole tomorrow!

I will be putting the new gears in before i install the diff!