SAU Community

Jack Stand Points Needed

QRI05E

Hey Guys... im going to attempt to install my FMIC in the upcomming weeks and just QRI05E (curious) :) to know where is the safest part to place my jack stands while working on the car?

post-23753-1148286411.jpg

Could some one please post up a pic showing where to place them under the car??

Cheers

um i placed mine just underneath my suspension arms (actual name fails me.. wishbones or something? i duno, independant bits at the front) on the rubber washers just as they join up with the rest of the under carriage. probably the best place to jack as the front as the sills will be a bit to far back for stability and are rather hard to access if youve got a kit.

Edited by r32 gts-turbo

i cant put them under the frame rails due to my trolly jack being too high to fit under the car after lowering it 3" : can anyone please post up a pic??

cheers

Edited by QRI05E

i cant put them under the frame rails due to my trolly jack being too high to fit under the car after lowering it 3" : can anyone please post up a pic??

cheers

i know what u mean...

i have 2 ways of jacking up my car..

1/ piece of wood and bricks, which i drive the front wheels on and put the jack under

2/ get a scissor jack, jack it up from the side enough to get a mini trolley jack in, then get the big trolley jack in the front..

either way its a bitch

Try the frame rails under the floor but put a rag between the rail and stand.This will protect the paint.

Are you talking about the chassis rails? I was under the impressions it is an extremely bad idea to use these are jack points as they tend to bend and buckle.

Thanks for that John, ill use those methods next time...

Using this diagram could some one please circle where the safest points are to place the jack stands?

post-23753-1148382280.jpg

Cheers

I recall reading something somehere (either SDU or one of the UK forums) about a similar topic.. there's a nissan made part specifically for jack stands and skylines. I did add the item to my post skyline purchase shopping list (nissan part# LM450-60000), but don't know how much, or if they're available here.

• Like 1

i use the points that ive circled below.. not sure what its called.. can someone tell me if its alrght to use them ??? im also curious where the correct place to put the jack is... i always get realy paranoid the car is gonna fall ;)

post-19018-1148440014.gif

between the two circles is the front cross member/subframe, that is a good place to use. Be careful since the sump is a bad place to use. there is also the tow hooks at the front they are great jacking points.

also be very careful if you are putting the jack under the side of the front subframe, the lower control arm is not safe - it moves relative to the chasis when you jack the car up.

chasis rails are OK to put stands under *if* you use the thicker area towards the front and let the car down slowly. even better if you have to do this use a piece of wood on top of the chasis stand along the rail to spread the weight.

at the rear, like the pic says, use the diff or rear subframe.

the sils are a no no they wil crush for sure unless you are using the nissan scissor jack or a hoist with rubber pads (and sometimes even then)