SAU Community

Another Newbie Thread

phee

• 2 months later...

Adapting the 25 head to the 30 block is your biggest hurdle if you keep the stock bottom end, it depends on how much power you want and how much you have to spend, If you posted saying you want 400hp on a budget of $5000, I'm sure you would have some replies.

What parts do you have from the old motor, turbo, head etc?

A rb30 motor is easy to come by and fairly cheap compared to ours and if your old head is still good your set for a great motor but it all comes down to your goal. :D

I don't know, I posted for some help in the rb30 conversion thread but noone has come to rescue yet :nyaanyaa:

i like your style :D. i'm currently going through this saga with my gtr,...going to post a reply

Adapting the 25 head to the 30 block is your biggest hurdle if you keep the stock bottom end, it depends on how much power you want and how much you have to spend, If you posted saying you want 400hp on a budget of $5000, I'm sure you would have some replies.

What parts do you have from the old motor, turbo, head etc?

A rb30 motor is easy to come by and fairly cheap compared to ours and if your old head is still good your set for a great motor but it all comes down to your goal. :D

I am getting an rb30 block from a mate for a carton of Jacks, and I am selling everything off my rb25 block that I wont be using to my boyfriend for his s13. I have around 5 - 5.5k to spend, I just want to make sure I am going to be ordering parts with a known history of standing the test of time. The turbo I have is a t70. This was her before she blew:

64277344.ZY6b2FU8.pic09.jpg

All the pics of the car were taken by the previous owner. The only photos I took of her was when they dismantled the engine.

More pics can my found in my sig link.

hmm could be hard to accomplish with only 5.5k. but seeing as you've got all the other bits and pieces, all ud need to spend that on is the engine, so could be doable.

whose going to be building it for you?

PM sent with some more info :wave: