SAU Community

?suspicious? R32 Gts-t On Carsales

CORBSTR-32

hey guys i was thinking about buying this 1993 R32 GTS-T on carsales:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...rch_distance=25

i have to ask u guys a few Questions, your experiances and expertise would be valuable here

a few things woried me when i rang him..

- first of all, he said he wanted 13.5K not 12.3(it was a 'mistake') but will sell for around 13K CASH!

- its been running on 14psi (and apparantly made 167rwkw) for few months, now its back to normal

- may need a new clutch (not a big problem)

- and the main problem i have with it is he said he bought it from his neighbour for 14K 9 months ago and its still registered under his neighbours name :D

This seems dodgy to me, like the cars been stolen, its a rebirth, theres money owing on it or he could just run off with the money once paid, because if he dosn't 'own' it then how can he be selling it. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK? iwould appreciate ur honest opinion

i just don't know how it will work if i buy it, how would i get it registered under my name??

p.s. im in ViC

hey guys i was thinking about buying this 1993 R32 GTS-T on carsales:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...rch_distance=25

i have to ask u guys a few Questions, your experiances and expertise would be valuable here

a few things woried me when i rang him..

- first of all, he said he wanted 13.5K not 12.3(it was a 'mistake') but will sell for around 13K CASH!

- its been running on 14psi (and apparantly made 167rwkw) for few months, now its back to normal

- may need a new clutch (not a big problem)

- and the main problem i have with it is he said he bought it from his neighbour for 14K 9 months ago and its still registered under his neighbours name :D

This seems dodgy to me, like the cars been stolen, its a rebirth, theres money owing on it or he could just run off with the money once paid, because if he dosn't 'own' it then how can he be selling it. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK? iwould appreciate ur honest opinion

i just don't know how it will work if i buy it, how would i get it registered under my name??

p.s. im in ViC

If he uses the words 'I promise to God' in any of your conversations, then its a cut n shut, rebirth etc :P

in order for it to be registered to u the previous owner (ie the person who its regod with with vicroads) will need to fill out a rego transfer form with you..

if u has one already written up by the 'neighbour' and is trying to sell it on his behalf then walk away...

yeah i wouldnt touch it sounds like its been thrashed pretty bad anyway no clutch and running 14psi...

i bought my '90' model 32 four months ago it took me six months to find a good one untouched im doing work to it myself it has 60,000 on the clock take your time with 32's cause they are old i found alot of screwed ones if you still want it check vin number with vicroads

its not worth that much anyway... 164rwkw from a stock R32 running 14psi? (well it does have a cushion?) lol

hmmmm yeah right.

keep looking and look in the forsale section

my question is how did the front plate get smashed up and then flattened out?

major stack methinks

Couldn't agree more and look at the new front bar. But then again I've seen plenty of damaged cars fixed good as new and I reckon 50% of the cars we drive have had repair work done before we bought them. Just go and have a look, check the rails etc and look for repair work. If it's good then hey! If not, leave it.

The whole thing looks a bit sus to me though, keep looking :nyaanyaa:

My 2c

in order for it to be registered to u the previous owner (ie the person who its regod with with vicroads) will need to fill out a rego transfer form with you..

if u has one already written up by the 'neighbour' and is trying to sell it on his behalf then walk away...

There is also legislation for selling on someones behalf. May not be applicable in this case (dont know Vic Roads fully) but I am selling a Merc for my g/f's step dad who is the executor of an estate. He can legally sign the sale docs as the executor.

Agree there is possibly something odd in this case though

thought about importing one? There are heaps of good importers around. Talk to them as well. That skyline, its got nice wheels, but probably will need a major engine overhaul...

personally I wouldnt even look if the owner cant even spell 'fuel pump' or 'gear knob' or 'stereo' :D probably been neglected for the 9+ months.

you can edit a price 'mistake' on carsales btw, so its a lame excuse.

another thing to make it seem dodgy is that the rego number was entered into carsales incorrectly.. (you can do searches for rego numbers)

136ks, needs a new clutch, probably had a stack at the front and 13k to a dodgy seller.. i'd keep looking..