• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by KamikazeR33

i got quoted 3700 a yr from famous for a r33 ser 2 gtst

im 18, neva had insurance and neva had and accidents/fines

I was quoted $3,500/year - and I only have one demerit point. They don't seem very consistent. icon13.gif

Either way, I can't afford it. I think I'll opt for third party, fire and theft.

Im with Just Car, havent had any probs but then I havent dad to make a claim. Im paying $1000 for 93 32gtst with a few mods. 23 and rating one. Dont know if this helps or not. There is a good story in the new issue of SPEED (no. 6) well worth a read

I am insured with torque...$970 a year. They quoted me 1100 or so and I told them that was unreasonable so they said they would do it for $970...

Just one question though, Why are we all comp insured when if you have a stack 99% of our cars are probably technically unroadworthy in some way shape or form, therefore voiding any insurance agreement....Dont bash me, I have it too, my car is definitly technically unroadworthy.

Russ

Guest 4NGI3
Originally posted by MattR

Im with Just Car, havent had any probs but then I havent dad to make a claim. Im paying $1000 for 93 32gtst with a few mods. 23 and rating one. Dont know if this helps or not. There is a good story in the new issue of SPEED (no. 6) well worth a read

dude, i got pretty excited when i read your post so off i went to the just car website, and went to fill in the online quote requester form, and wouldn't u know it, they don't insure anyone in WA or NT. and yep, i'm in WA. :P

im on 3rd party fire and theft with just cars. for my r33 gtst.

i had to make a claim last year, due to an uninsured wrx driver, driving into me.

they paid out the full amount of $3300 that the policy covers, and then offered to collect the rest from the other driver at the same time as recovering the $3300 that they paid out to me. the rest incidently was $3300.

my car was repaired at my choice of panel beater, and the assessor went down there checked the car out and gave it the green light.. money was sent and there wasnt any problems..

just cars definately hassle and stress free for me

:(;)

muck

sorry i didnt get ur claim? isnt 3rd party if u hit into someone else?

i mean how did just cars pay for ur car when the wrx was at fault and he had no insurance?

how much u payin for 3rd party insurance with just cars? how old r u? and is ur car legal/technically unroadworthy?

cheers.

just cars will pay a maximum $3300 for an uninsured driver at fault.

25 .. rating 4 i think, paying $555 for third party plus fire and theft for up to $4000. or $305 for third party.

under mods- its stated as exhaust mods and cooler.

i always have wheels... im pretty sure i mentioned that.. so im not sure why its not stated.

i guess its technically unroadworthy, atmo venting bov.

anyway.. there wasnt any hassles for me. :(

I don't think I'd go past Famous again! Currently paying $1700 for full-comp... 23 Y.O., rating 1, 7 years driving (they quote the driving years as from when you got your learners.)

Mine's ensured as a daily driver, only condition is that it's not ensured on the street after 11pm (must be in driveway/garage).

Extremely happy though! Oh, and this is without the 10% discount, I've only just discovered this forum recently and haven't signed up for membership yet!

I called famous today and am definately going ahead with them.

27 yo male driver

Modified R33

60% NCB Rating 1

Nil driving record ar claims history

In SYDNEY (apparently the worse place to insure an import)

Advanced driver training (thanx to job)

My old insurer has bumped up the price over the last 2 years by $1000, stating CPI as the issue, taking the policy to $3000. Rang Famous, nothing but proffesionalism and got it for $2000. And they pay by the month!!

VERY VERY VERY HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good score there Brad. I was paying $3800 for my GTST with Just Cars.

Im now paying $2300 for my GTR with famous.

Well worth it and yes the service so far has been excellent

Just called Famous and they'll insure me in a R34 GT-t (agreed market value $40,000) for $5500 comprehensive, $2000 excess, $1000 age excess and $2000 theft excess. Keep in mind im 19 year old, with only 1 1/2 years of insurance under my belt...

Has anyone tried to make a claim through Famous?

I heard on the SilviaNSW forum that it took ages to go through and that aspect of the service was a little difficult.. I'm currently with Just Cars (and was raped) and if these guys are all right, then I'll be moving to them.

Speaking of getting raped - I gotta pay some tax. Being a contracter sux sometimes. :)

after reading this i called up for a quote and it was 2020 for a 21 male on a modified 92 r32 gtst for full comp. compared to just cars who quoted 6300. the thing is though that they didnt ask for my postcode and didnt want to know anything about my mods. they seem to deem fast cars as only twin turbos and the singles are not. plus when i told them that i have had 2 speeding fines that it wasnt a problem and that everyone has had at least one or two. all these things are creating a kind of tuna-like smell that seems to be coming from the application sheet that they faxed me. someone please clear this up cause its a sweet deal and i really want to take it up.

aybee, there's nothing to worry about. they just don't go through all the crap that other companies do. they basically know what to charge in general using levels of mods and types of cars. i was pretty sceptical at first but now i'm insured with them.

/begin rant

i think most companies could do something simmilar and charge less but they are all greedy, some more than others. seriously, what the **** warrants such huge differences in price between different companies? can anyone see a standard and compare one to another? i think not. it's an industry where they dictate the price and we have to cop it sweet. there's no set standard, they love it and try to get away with as much as possible and it sucks big time

/rant over

take the policy, you won't get a better offer.

i'd love to hear from someone who's made a claim with them though. anyone???

Does Famous covers your car for 24 hours a day?

Can you park on the street at night and be covered.

JustCar does. I park my car on the street during work, and there is no lock up garage at night either.

If Famous does the same, it is a very good deal, if not, then the added cost of Just Car is justifiable.

Well, in that case I'll stick with Just Cars, as I need my car to be fully insured even when I park it on the street 2AM in the morning in an industrial area somewhere 100km away from home.