SAU Community

350z And Gtr Brembo Calipers

They are not identical mountings so i dont think they would bolt straight on but could be fitted somehow im sure. I've seen a set side by side a while ago but can't remember exactly why they were different.

The 350Z disc cannot be used on the Skyline because of the different hat heights, the 324mm Skyline disc must be used and I understand that the two calipers use different size mounting bolts.

So assuming these are the only differences (to the best of my knowledge) then fitting 350Z calipers would not be an insurmountable task (in conjunction with the GTR33/34 disc) but unless you could pick up the 350 calipers at a bargain price I would suggest using the GTR calipers and saving yourself the hassle

the 350z/ v35 skyline ones use a m14 bolt to mount them where as 33/34 gtr uses a m12.

and ther offset of the skyline ones is off by about 3-4mm.

i tried fitting 33/34 brembos on a v35 and the bolts went big enough and the caliper rubbed on the outer face of the disc :

hope that helps.

ps... you can bolt them up but youd need the matching discs with the calipers.

Thanks guys, thats helpful. I'm interested because a company in the US called RacingBrake has released a 6 pot caliper/adapter/disc/pad set for the 350Z/G35 that's about AUD 2500.

http://www.racingbrake.com/350Z_G35_03_05_...026-311-611.htm

Being the US they don't have access to GTRs like we do so I thought I'd see if anyone knew if they were compatible.

Regards

Edited by Scooby

• 4 years later...

Bit of an old thread bump.

Just want to confirm what I am reading.

If you got a complete front aftermarket brake kit with calipers, rotors and brackets made for the G35/350Z, it would bolt onto a R32/R33 Skyline if you had the brackets have M14 holes on one end for the caliper and M12 holes on the other end to bolt onto the hub correct?

• 1 year later...

hmmm, interesting.

looking for the same answers for the same reasons...

so, to sumerise, get a complete kit, and it should fit..

is that it?

might have to take the plunge, and try for myself.

if i do, will put up a write up.

Im running r34 brembos on the front of my Stagea which is the same as a v35/350z in the brake department. The offset may be different but other than that they are the same calliper. Just make sure you get the disks from the model the callipers are from.

I have a spare front seal kit for these these brembos if anyone needs one.

How similar are the Brembo brakes that came on 350Z's and R33 / R34's?

In the front they both run DB1520 pads and the rears run DB1521 - so if the pads are the same they they must be very similar.

The difference seems to be in the disk offset as shown in the attached link http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=41147

So the big question is:

Are the seal kits interchangeable as you can buy factory kits for 350Z's from the US for a very good price?