SAU Community

Power Road Car Sales

Freddy Kruger

They seem to have a decent range there and was wondering if anyone here has bought a car off them?

Are there any dealers that you recommend, especially any on the East side of Melb?

Im looking for either a black or white 'line, sunroof would be good :D, standard or not. $15k to spend on the car... there is 1 or 2 at Power Road Car Sales that fit the bill...

Thanks

-Steve

PS I did a search and there wasnt anything recent.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IH8VEE8S

man just go private sellers. the only thing i've heard from people who have bought from both is that they saved $$$ when they went private instead and the quality of the cars were the same.

i rang power rd a couple of months ago and i dunno they didn't sound "enthusiastic". i asked em if they had any 4 door R32s in stock and the guy was like "nah we don't".....thats it. and in the auto supermarket magazine their page was full of 4door R32s lol.

if your into series 2 autos... otherwise i think they had 1 or 2 manual ones for $21k...

seen some nice 33 series 2s for $16k... dunno what was up bacause the same ph no. is on 2, a black and white one...

check them out a bit more, i am looking at buing aswell but not sure if they are any good. You can give Denis Fawkner a call on 03 93594422 or 0403326337 he has a few nice series 1.5 going for 14.9k.

yeah i hada look at them when i was first looking for my car, didnt seem as stocked as what the ads were... so i was like meh. i.e there range wasnt all that it was made out to be.

i eventually got my car from allblitz off the forums :(

i rang power rd a couple of months ago and i dunno they didn't sound "enthusiastic". i asked em if they had any 4 door R32s in stock and the guy was like "nah we don't".....thats it. and in the auto supermarket magazine their page was full of 4door R32s lol.

yep same here:

"hi saw the silver 32 advertised in blah.. is it manual or auto?"... "uhmmm.. I dunno.. I'll have to check"..

"ok well can you tell me anything about it?"... "uhmm its silver.. "

"ok well I'm looking for a blah in a manual with a blah blah blah, do you have anything I might be interested in?".. "uhm I dunno you'll have to come and have a look"..

Yes I'm going to trek all the way down to Dandenong to find they have nothing anywhere near what I want.

i got my car from power road, they dont seem intrested on the phone but in person go speak to them and the cars are really good, and they know everything about skylines.

On the phone they talk very un intrested , but they have heaps of good deals, go down there, get the car u like checked out, and take it for a spin, they were really good when i went down

i got my car from power road, they dont seem intrested on the phone but in person go speak to them and the cars are really good, and they know everything about skylines.

On the phone they talk very un intrested , but they have heaps of good deals, go down there, get the car u like checked out, and take it for a spin, they were really good when i went down

wow, this is completely different to when i went down there, the guy was just an arogant pric to me n ma mates... but 4 young guys (only 1 that actually had a licence) asking for test drives is kinda suspicious lol, but yeh, he is genuinely looking for a skyline, we werent just doin a dog act on the owner

if your into series 2 autos... otherwise i think they had 1 or 2 manual ones for $21k...

seen some nice 33 series 2s for $16k... dunno what was up bacause the same ph no. is on 2, a black and white one...

Mine was 16,800 + ORC (3 year warranty was free) - but not power road carsales.

I heard some stories about them, but i suppose we hear something about everyone - thats why its important to check the car thoroughly.

i got a pretty good deal off them 10.5k including rego and stamp duty for my 33 gts25 so the car itself was only like 9.5k

went with my dad and he let us try out a lot of cars

that's the best thing about this guy just gives u the keys and u can go for a drive no fuss unlike some other dealers i went to.

well im only 21, and when i went alone he test drove it with me as a passenger, he didnt let me drive, but when my dad came with me t o test it, he let us go alone for the test drive.

but they let u call racv to check out the car as well, which is good and they included a few goodies in mine, so if u ask them they will :P

Few of my customers went to Power Road before they approached me.

Not trying to give any negative comments but unless you have money with you, Shane won't really have much interest in talking to you.

Yeah, be careful with them. They were fine during the sale stage, but when i found that the tmimng belt was incredibly loose and the tension arm worn about 2 weeks later, (my mechanic was asking how far i'd driven without it snapping) they tried to camouflague it as 'something we forgot to tighten'. Otherwise, the prices are fair - They even drove 20mins to pick me up from a train station!

Edited by baron25

SSV on princes HWY... not quite sure of the exact address, I pass it on the way to Caulfield monash... say inbetween Warrigal Rd and Burke Rd...

No experience except that I dropped in just to check out the cars (Big range of imports)

I went in my skyline, the guy knew I wasn't there to buy anything but he was happy to have a chat.

SSV on princes HWY... not quite sure of the exact address, I pass it on the way to Caulfield monash... say inbetween Warrigal Rd and Burke Rd...

No experience except that I dropped in just to check out the cars (Big range of imports)

I went in my skyline, the guy knew I wasn't there to buy anything but he was happy to have a chat.

Probably Mark, a good guy - always happy to have a chat about the skylines. They have a lot of supras there too - looks like they are doing well :ermm: