SAU Community

World Cup!

Jetdat

Oleeee Oleeee OleOleeee - Aussieeee Ausssieee ;)

Was cursing like a trooper between minutes 26 and 84 but what a comeback !!!!

Why didn't we bring on a couple of those guys earlier - or better yet, play with two dedicated strikers from the start ??

What a HUGE result (admittedly gotta keep it a bit quiet - the bosses here at Toyota are somewhat ambivolent about their loyalties at times :banana: )

Ohhh and 'Go Germany'

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear everyone saying they've got no chance against brazil etc....while i agree its highly likely they'll lose, has everyone forgotten Senegal in their debut world cup match?

they beat France....its soccer, anything can happen and thats what makes it so good. being 1 goal up isnt enough most of the time, and I sit on the edge of my seat getting all tense until they're 2 goals in front with almost no time to go...just like italy this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I thought much the same

I didnt watch half the match because it bored me to no end

AFL anyday

Ok I'm gonna bite.....

AFL = 20 goals in 2 hours.... same thing over and over, kinda takes the special feeling out of it? If you do something/see something so repetitively then it loses its excitement.

Soccer = 3-4 goals in 90 mins.... when you do see a goal its more rewarding.

AFL is following the way of soccer these days, keeping possession and passing getting themselves setup, rather than just booting it down the other end of the field and hoping for the best....

Dammit - dont make me more jealous that i didnt go to Fed Square. :laugh:

80 minutes in we were like - yeah lucky we didn't go - woulda been crap.

Then at the end of the game we were seriously considering going out after the game - woulda been great!!

i think the people bagging soccer here have either never played the great game or understand just how clever/difficult it is to score a goal..thats why the players go beserk after kicking a goal...

i played in and watched some awesome 0-0 games in the past with great excitement..

i love AFL to bits, but it should not be compared to soccer, the greatest game in the world in my and a billion or so others opinion..

Edited by Jetdat

Guest IH8VEE8S

LOL guys you wanna see real "football"? watch tonight's last 2 matches:

France vs Switzerland

Brazil vs Croatia

just glue your eyes on the french master Zidane, he is 33 years old though so he might not be as good as he was but damn just look at how he controls the fkn ball.

ok now Brazil......fark just watch the whole team lol there isn't a single player on there that isn't skillful.

i cannot fkn wait :sorcerer: :sorcerer: :sorcerer:

Edited by IH8VEE8S

i think the people bagging soccer here have either never played the great game or understand just how clever/difficult it is to score a goal..thats why the players go beserk after kicking a goal...

i played in and watched some awesome 0-0 games in the past with great excitement..

i love AFL to bits, but it should not be compared to soccer, the greatest game in the world in my and a billion or so others opinion..

I have played it and was good at it (not to their level) and still hate the game... i think its gay. You need top skills but also most of these guys would make an easy transition to the silver screen with how great their dramatic falls and ankle grabbing is (on and off the field im sure theres plenty of that).

And as for there beserk celebrations... dry humping their SAME SEX team mates is not the kind of celebrations i would try and justify... although it does justify my earlier comment on it being like sex but with out all the good bits... ie a woman

It is amazing how many people jump on the bandwagon though. OMG we're in the world cup!!! OMG SOCCER RULES!!!

Although i would rather watch a soccer game then AFL because we all know AFL is the crapest game on this planet. NAKED UNDER 28s LAWN BOWLS FOR THE WIN!!!

I have played it and was good at it (not to their level) and still hate the game... i think its gay. You need top skills but also most of these guys would make an easy transition to the silver screen with how great their dramatic falls and ankle grabbing is (on and off the field im sure theres plenty of that).

And as for there beserk celebrations... dry humping their SAME SEX team mates is not the kind of celebrations i would try and justify... although it does justify my earlier comment on it being like sex but with out all the good bits... ie a woman

It is amazing how many people jump on the bandwagon though. OMG we're in the world cup!!! OMG SOCCER RULES!!!

Although i would rather watch a soccer game then AFL because we all know AFL is the crapest game on this planet. NAKED UNDER 28s LAWN BOWLS FOR THE WIN!!!

muhaha...love your posts as always nark.. ;)

just concerns me though that you participated in a game that you thought was gay...with the dry humping the same sex and all... :dry: and you would rather watch a gay game with blokes humping each other than AFL...

as for the bandwagon jumping, i been involved in the game in some way all my life and love every world cup...and this time it is the most exciting as we are in the great comp...as for others who may have jumped on, good on them..

:P

yeah well it was when i was younger and had no choice... i was too skinny to keep playing union (ud be surprised how big some of the real maoris and coconuts grow to be at 13yo) so i played a few games of soccer. then moved onto something even more boring.... cricket.

I dont mind people who jump on this crazy new thing called soccer... but i get sick of hearing it from everyone who have previously not had an interest or never liked it and now theyre experts... "omg they should have done this... they shouldnt have done that..." half of them have no idea about the rules!! :D

the real tragedy is when the chick hosting 1 of the world cup shows on SBS said something along the lines of

"That was greatest climax in world cup history"

she was refferring to the australia v japan game....

i mean come on! yeah they won...and its good, but jesus christ.

AHAHAHA remember this... and remember my comments about the aussie media who are renound for being absolute wankers when it comes to their sporting teams... held up high on a gleeming pedastol one day... kicked in the nuts and stabbed with a giant boa knife the next.

Theyre also well known for exageration. Thats one of the greatest sporting moments in australian history ever!

no... im sorry its not.

AHAHAHA remember this... and remember my comments about the aussie media who are renound for being absolute wankers when it comes to their sporting teams... held up high on a gleeming pedastol one day... kicked in the nuts and stabbed with a giant boa knife the next.

Theyre also well known for exageration. Thats one of the greatest sporting moments in australian history ever!

no... im sorry its not.

lol i dont agree with your post bagging soccer in general, but im with you on this 1 narkeh

they'll of course be labelled as CORAGEOUS HEROES soon....which in my opinion is so insulting to real heroes that fought in the war etc....