SAU Community

World Cup!

Jetdat

If it had been Roy Keane or a similar player sent off in the same circumstances, would people care so much what had been said??? I highly doubt it somehow.....

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, anyone going to watch the victory this year, they have some guns recruits and i am thinking of getting a membership. they have 3 new brazilians and a new scottish guy in, seems like the strikers are going to be fighting for a spot :P

cyas

well said biasa! the fact that its zidane, and his last game means SFA. the rules dont change when its your last game, or a world cup final.

materazzi got him to snap, and zidane got sent off. as a result he wasnt on the pitch to cry when his team was defeated

i love how people try to overshadow the win with this shit.

Your comparing Roy Keane to one of the greatest players of all time, playing in his final game which happens to be a World Cup final. So i think your example is a bit far fetched dude >_<

that 'greatest player' is not the greatest afterall..

french lawyer sueing and trying to get the final to be replayed...

LOL!

get over it already. any other player and we wouldnt be hearing/reading/having to put up with any of this BS.

zidane headbutted someone, and got sent off. if materazzi provoked him and wasn't caught, then he gets to play out the match...

Italy - World Champions 2006.

thats all anyone needs to worry about

seeing as how people insist on pasting articles...here's a bit of an evening read you may enjoy

FIFA prez says Zidane could be stripped of award

"The winner of the award is not decided by FIFA, but by an international commission of journalists," Blatter said in Wednesday's La Repubblica. "That said, FIFA's executive committee has the right, and the duty, to intervene when faced with behavior contrary to the ethic of the sport."

"I was told that at the end of the game the French federation executives asked Zidane to go and receive his medal, and he replied that he didn't deserve any medal," Blatter added.

Zidane knows he doesn't deserve it...:yes:

"I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned round and spoke to me, sneering," the Italy defender said. "He looked me up and down, arrogantly and said: 'If you really want my shirt, I'll give it to you afterwards."'

"It was one of those insults you're told tens of times and that always fly around the pitch," he said.

and possibly the best bit of it all...

Media reports, based on interpretations by lip-readers, have suggested that Materazzi called Zidane a terrorist or insulted his mother or sister. Materazzi denies these claims, too.

So basically the "experts" have determined that he either said:

you're a terrorist....

or

you're mother/sister is a whore...

Good old "experts"