SAU Community

Mysterious Pfc Missfire In An R32 Gtr

You cannot always see a cold solder joint....might as well do it while its open, and seal it back well to avoid moisture getting in

x2 on that.

It may even look good.

but take a magnifier glass to it and you may see a what looks like a crack at solders edge,

again this is a poor joint and needs fixing.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread Re-birth 21/4/2013 and still no official fix?

Car R32 GTR 1994 JULY build...

Mine only happens maybe once every 200-500km or 3-6 days Very random and unpredictable. It happens rarely which is why I have not been so keen finding this problem specially when I see so many people having it and not one person finding an official solution.

Guys my aim is to one day fix this issue, whether it be changing to a D-metro or a whole new computer all together. Is there anything which is better then the PFC for the GTR other then the D-metro?

I am slowly changing every nut and bolt in this beast But ofcourse my aim is to get rid of the bugs 1st if possible. Car is not stock , -5s , Cams, AFM, Injectors, Fuel P, Coil pack-SF's, Gearbox etc... All internals are still stock and I am running at a Safe/healthy 330awkw.

I really want to get to the bottom of this now.... Im in sydney is there anyone wanting to chat about this seriously?

it's not d-metro its d-jetro. the stock pfc users airflow meters and it is l-jetro and the map sensor version is d-jetro

its likely the d-jetro has the same issue as its just map sensors instead of airflow meters

Thread Re-birth 21/4/2013 and still no official fix?

Car R32 GTR 1994 JULY build...

Mine only happens maybe once every 200-500km or 3-6 days Very random and unpredictable. It happens rarely which is why I have not been so keen finding this problem specially when I see so many people having it and not one person finding an official solution.

Guys my aim is to one day fix this issue, whether it be changing to a D-metro or a whole new computer all together. Is there anything which is better then the PFC for the GTR other then the D-metro?

I am slowly changing every nut and bolt in this beast But ofcourse my aim is to get rid of the bugs 1st if possible. Car is not stock , -5s , Cams, AFM, Injectors, Fuel P, Coil pack-SF's, Gearbox etc... All internals are still stock and I am running at a Safe/healthy 330awkw.

I really want to get to the bottom of this now.... Im in sydney is there anyone wanting to chat about this seriously?

D-metro is the most manicured ecu of the PFC line up...

Where does the missfire occur? What plug gap? How old are the O2 sensors?

• 1 month later...

Not sure where the miss fire occurs? What do you mean Have you looked through this thread its the same weird thing some people have with PFC, its like a microsecond surge of NO POWER. Hiccup..etc...... o2 sensors are not old at all, this is not a daily.. I basically changed all the wear and tear bits at 90k now its 96... dOne the 100km service and I am pretty sure the 02 sensors were changed whilst getting tuned either way I have not anyone talk about old 02 sensors in this thread. How ever my alternator is Very week its on 11.5V whilst driving I wonder if this may be the reason... Then you would think it should keep happening constantly not ev

every 200-600kms right??

neway

I have a RH9 130A Hyper alternator coming in the next couple days.

Has anybody solved the problem??

LOL funny you should say that, Its been weak since I can remember I bought it in 2006 first buyer in AUS Build Date July/1994 68k Speedo. It used to sit on about 12.6-12.8v then slowly dropped .So even then it was weak, I was told it should be between 13-14v while driving. Anyway now it varies between 11-12v Not very good the other day the volts kept going up and down 10.6 -11.5 And then all of a sudden my power steering cut off until I stopped the car waited a bit then drove again. Went back to normal and voltage stayed around 11.5 but this is when I went online and ordered a hyper alternator.

Anyways So the mysterious missfire any one manage to get rid of theirs completely with the PFC?

D-metro is the most manicured ecu of the PFC line up...

Where does the missfire occur? What plug gap? How old are the O2 sensors?

lol d metro

mine does this random surge, new plugs, new z32's, new injectors, new splitfires, only does it while cruising like most other ppl

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bringing a old thread up

But i have pfc with ver. 8.04a and also have this mysterious  missfire too. I have seem Apexi sell news version too . It ver.9.00 do still have the bug ?? Someone with it can confirm ?

Last question for who have switched to Ls coil. The problem go aways or still there?

Edited by NoLimit0596
Error