SAU Community

Stock R33 Gts-t Coupe 0-100kph And 0-400m Time?

how about this example...

a stock rb20 vs stock telstar tx5 turbo

I can tell you that in stock form the telstar, with its 2.2L engine makes the same amount of power

Fair enough, but i would have thought that the acceleration figures of a stock tx5 turbo would not be as quick as an r32 gts-t (i am assuming its an r32 based on the rb20). I dont know much about tx5's but im pretty sure they are 5 door car and stock i would have thought 0-100km around about 8secs :S

I only meant to use stock acceleration figures as a means for a base, the power output of a cars engine is of little use when viewed in isolation, because u have to consider how it puts it to the ground, how much it weighs, etc hence the 0-100km/h figure is most relevant.

But i still know where you are comming from, different engines will respond better or worse to mods regardless of factory figures because of different engines potential

Edited by r32line

so who won exactly? if it was your friend, his car would have to be heavily modified or the ford towing a caravan (as they do).

my thoughts are mid 6's. why? they feel very similar (maybe a little faster) than the 2 s15 200sx's i've been in and on average I think their times have been aroun the 6.5 to 7 sec mark. That said they have very different power deliveries so i may be off the mark.

I think it's one of those cars that feels very sluggish until you apply a fair bit of throttle. in addition they can sound like they are trying when they are not.

my friend's R33 GTST won the race mate. they drag race @ the lights.

the XR6 turbo ain't that quick buddy. 0-100 in 6.1secs for the XR6 turbo? skyline is around 6sec mark too right? it depends on the driver to u know because both cars (R33 GTST 96' and XR6 Turbo) are pretty even on the 0-100?

my mate said the XR6 turbo was fast, they were head-to-head but when me mate whack in boost 14psi+, left the XR6 turbo for good.

no doubt that the XR6t was quick... peace out

the XR6 turbo ain't that quick buddy. 0-100 in 6.1secs for the XR6 turbo? skyline is around 6sec mark too right? it depends on the driver to u know because both cars (R33 GTST 96' and XR6 Turbo) are pretty even on the 0-100?

my mate said the XR6 turbo was fast, they were head-to-head but when me mate whack in boost 14psi+, left the XR6 turbo for good.

How can a car that does around 6.2 sec to 100 (in Japan with Japanese fuel which is 101 RON back in 94-97) beat a much NEWER car that does around 6.1 sec more so "leave for good?"

Nothing like beating a Commo or Falcon driver in your skyline :D your mate is runnin a shit load of boost on a stock R33 but yeh any way 14.4 is the average number they get cant have every car running it unless they narrow it down on smaller timing it depends on the driver also but doesn't change dramatically but a very stunning site i've seen was a Honda Civic Vtec with nos definitely not stock beat a XR8 got it on film XR8 driver didnt know what to think will try and post it up

where you hear a R32 is faster then a R33? GTR Versions yes but not GTS-T's!

Edited by _Victory_

How can a car that does around 6.2 sec to 100 (in Japan with Japanese fuel which is 101 RON back in 94-97) beat a much NEWER car that does around 6.1 sec more so "leave for good?"

i said my mate's R33 GTST left the XR6 Turbo for good when he put up the BOOST! 14PSI...maaate read properly before u post...

where you hear a R32 is faster then a R33? GTR Versions yes but not GTS-T's!

Stock the R33 is quicker than the 32.

Up the boost to the usual 11psi with an fmic on the r33 and up the boost to the usual 1bar on the r32 and the R32 is quicker than the r33. The downfall for the R33 once one starts to up the boost is the r33 ecu's really do suck.

Well mine was, also had ever so slightly more accleration (very very very slowly walking away) from a 100% stock R33 GTR.

0-100 in 5.2secs and 175km/h in high 13 seconds.

I have seen one freak R33 that with 11psi, exhaust and simply bolting on a fmic made ~200rwkw, it went on to run a low 13sec 1/4.

i said my mate's R33 GTST left the XR6 Turbo for good when he put up the BOOST! 14PSI...maaate read properly before u post...

ok then. just incase you dont know, if u put a blower onto a v8 or a v6 it would also leave a stock v6 or v8 for good.. its called, "mods." :glare:

• 3 years later...
ok did a bit of research on the R33 GTS-T 0-100kph, 0-400m.

0-100kph in 6.2secs

0-400m in 14.4secs

for all you R33 GTS-T owners, what do u think? are those times true??

tell me what are your 0-100kph times.

cheers

brand new and stock yes but after 10-15years, unless modified, you can expect reduces times.

so just to confirm this guy is saying his stock r33 with 14psi beats a stock xr6turbo, that sounds right when stock an r33 has 5-6psi, my mate is running 15psi(xr6 turbo) so one above the r33 and is making 333rwkw a few minor mods lik twin 2.5inch exhuast, cam, pod filter and tiss be it, so hows that even comparing an apparent stock r33 to a real stock xr6turbo

• 9 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread. I've seen people post times of 13 to 14 second 1/4 mile times on GTST with just BPU bits added. 

My question is, was these on prepped tracks or not? 

I ran a 14.4 with my GTST on an unprepped track. with 18" Semi slicks it spins all the way through 1st, 2nd and most of 3rd. 

I'm sure that with proper traction I could do a low 14 to high 13 second pass.