SAU Community

Too Cheap? Any Suggestions Why?

smileymertz

throw ca$h into the kitty and set that Series2 baby free!

ie, buy for 12k, rebuild engine for 8, other mods for 12 (suspn, brakes, hiflow turb & tuning, exhaust, strenghten-auto, etc).... and for 30k you could have a monster.

Thats a DAYZ

and an absolute bargain at 12k........ if I was looking right now for a Stagea, Id buy that one.

(on the premise that Ive got 25to30k to have it 'streetable')

thanks for all that guys.......

Why do they say 'milage may not be genuine'?

Does that suggest they believe its not in good condition for 82,000kms?

Why would they mention it at all, where's the proof?

And does anyone really rely on that anyway? My 32 skyline said 80,000 on the clock, but i suspect its done more (condition of timing belt, brakes etc) but wasnt disappointed as decided it was fairly irrelevant if i was prepared for extra costs once it got here.....

i will stop rambling now he he

shit its a nice looking car though... black s2 droooool.... and for 12k, shit. its worth buying it, having it sent over, then having it sit in your yard for a couple of months with an ad in the paper for $20k

man that paint is like glass, hey.

Edited by qikstagea

shit its a nice looking car though... black s2 droooool.... and for 12k, shit. its worth buying it, having it sent over, then having it sit in your yard for a couple of months with an ad in the paper for $20k

man that paint is like glass, hey.

trust me guys photos can make the dodgy shit paint jobs look good and i bet they took 100 photos and only used the 3 or 4 cause they didnt show the roughness, especially being black.

ive seen plenty of peoples cars in photos look really clean and see em in person and they are shocking

errr, it's a little upsetting to see people making comments like "clearly resprayed" when you actually don't know ... please keep in mind that we are having this car inspected properly before anyone has to make a firm decision to purchase, this will include more than 150 extra photos so the condition will be painfully obvious to whoever buys it.

We go to every effort to tell people accurate information about all cars we list, thus comments like "mileage may not be genuine" yet we get attacked for being honest ... I am sure you wouldn't prefer us to be like our competitors and simply leave out details like that which may seriously effect your decision to purchase.

I guess my point is that if you are interested in the car then please take the time to call or email us with any questions, we will pass on all information available honestly and dig to find out anything else that we don't know already.

With cars like this that appear 'too cheap to be true' we will always stongly suggest to our customers that a mechanic inspection is a very good idea and in most cases they work out to be good cars because we have done our research in advance, spoken with the seller, searched previous auction data for information on the car, etc.

Anyway, it's all pointless because this car seems to be already sold to someone now - we will know for sure by the weekend when his 150+ photos and detailed condition report arrive from the mechanic.

OK Sorry. My error. I didnt mean to slag off about J-spec in particular. I am just doing as much homework as I can before buying. Yes it was cheap, and yes I read all the notes down the bottom of the listing.

I just wanted to know stagea owners point of view in general on a few issues, what they had come across etc etc

I wont use a specific example next time i have any questions. I am sure J-spec do a fabulous job, everyone on here seems very happy with them.

Once again, didnt mean to offend anyone.

Kylie

Kylie i dont think you did anything wrong...if you have an example you should post it up and get advice from all of us that have imported...but make sure if you are interested in a particular car that you get JSpec or whoever you decide to import from to check the car out properly so that you dont get stung!!

errr, it's a little upsetting to see people making comments like "clearly resprayed" when you actually don't know ... please keep in mind that we are having this car inspected properly before anyone has to make a firm decision to purchase, this will include more than 150 extra photos so the condition will be painfully obvious to whoever buys it.

Anyway, it's all pointless because this car seems to be already sold to someone now - we will know for sure by the weekend when his 150+ photos and detailed condition report arrive from the mechanic.

Well, I'll be interested to know if I was wrong - what did your detailed inspection show? Had it been resprayed, like it sure looked like to me?

Ian

Well, I'll be interested to know if I was wrong - what did your detailed inspection show? Had it been resprayed, like it sure looked like to me?

Ian

You will be pleased to know that the car was originally black as expected, the paint code is GV1 which is 'black pearl' the same as R34 GTR's.

Please understand that we do not expect anyone to buy a car without knowing things like this if they are unsure - in this case our client got more than 200 photos showing every detail of the cars condition so there can be no doubts that it's quite a decent car and absolutly worth the price. If we get permission from the new owner of this car then we will even post the pictures for you all to see.

Auctions are unpredictable so there can be some really amazing bargains around if you are in the right place at the right time, like a Skyline R32 we got for 100 yen (around AU$1.25) a while back. Obviously there are also cheap cars around that are priced low for very good reasons and that is exactly why we check cars out properly before buying.

I guess the bottom line is that anyone not willing to even ask more about these cars, or anyone who would rather just assume the worst because "imports are all dodgy" will simply not have a chance to get that bargain of a lifetime ... if you fall into this category then that's your loss but please don't ruin others chance to get a genuinely good car at a bargain price with speculation.

You will be pleased to know that the car was originally black as expected, the paint code is GV1 which is 'black pearl' the same as R34 GTR's.

So had it been repainted (in the original color)?

I guess the bottom line is that anyone not willing to even ask more about these cars, or anyone who would rather just assume the worst because "imports are all dodgy" will simply not have a chance to get that bargain of a lifetime ... if you fall into this category then that's your loss but please don't ruin others chance to get a genuinely good car at a bargain price with speculation.

Actually, I have imported several cars (see the text under my avatar!) and definitely agree that they can be very good value (if you are careful about what you buy).

But the better the deal looks, the more cautious you should be.. It may be the bargain of a life time, but the odds move against you the more spectacular the deal appears.. :-)

Ian

• 1 month later...
So had it been repainted (in the original color)?

Actually, I have imported several cars (see the text under my avatar!) and definitely agree that they can be very good value (if you are careful about what you buy).

But the better the deal looks, the more cautious you should be.. It may be the bargain of a life time, but the odds move against you the more spectacular the deal appears.. :-)

Ian

Not repainted - this car is original black pearl and from what we can tell it has original paint too.

Being cautious is not a bad idea but that should include contacting us to find out more about the car rather than making a snap judgement that it must be a bad car ... please keep in mind that we always look at cars as carefully as possible and never ask anyone to buy without being comfortable with the condition first - also there are times where we will advise people against buying certain cars becuase we believe there is something better around or just because that car may not be as good as we would like.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there are amazing bargains around, so please do contact us to find out more about cars that you like - there is no obligation so you don't have to buy, but it's certainly worth looking further if you want to get a bargain. :D