SAU Community

Just found what id like to think is a bargain. Its an r32 gtst, manual with an RB25DET standard. It only jumped off the boat a couple of days ago and after taking it for a drive in "off the boat condition" it drove and sounded quite good. It has just over 100 000km and had the timing belt replaced. Also many scratches and a couple of dents that are promised to be fixed up. I wont tell you the price offered but its similar to what it costs if you import a normal r32 gtst through prestige.

Is there anything i should look out for as at that price their is a good chance something is wrong with it. Its in Melb and is being sold through a compliancer/importer. Any info would be great! including what the rb25 spec has over the rb20 (diff suspension etc...) Thanks

Dude..

One thing that I am quite sure of is that the R32 GTST NEVER came out standard with a RB25DET.

The very late ones did come with an RB25DE but never the non turbo.

So it is not a standard car in that sense.

As for what the RB25DET has over the RB20DET...

RB20DET

157KW

263NM (I think..)

RB25DET

187KW

297NM (I think..)

Nah it isnt j-spec. But whats the lowdown with them, are they ok? Havent checked them out yet but im assuming there the sort of place that sell run of the mill stuff for top dollar.

I had never heard of a rb25 32 either until this one.(whether it really is std dunno, just what salesmen told me) Also must ask about RUST! had a few tiny littler spots under the hood, top of the struts, under the skirts too and also was told a bit of water came out of the boot when i cornered. Didnt open the boot but guessing its just rain water. How much should rust affect the decision of buying this sorta car?

rust should tell you to keep away from the car a small amout is ok but water from the boot indicate rear end accident the one way to check if its a factory 25 det which I doubt is to check the compliace plate on the firewall it will have the engine there generally they are rb20de or det or rb25 de.

make sure its not too rough. you can get good r32's for 12-14k.

also make sure they will register the car for you as its not the factory motor could cause hassles.

meggala

they did make them with rb25det about 2000 at the very end, part of trailing the motor ready for the new skylines as well as just a bloody good idea. I guy i know in japan has one rekons they really go good!!! Plus an importer confirmed that they are real as he showed me one he was bidding on and it had the engine and chassis numbers on the sheet and they said rb25det!!

From memory Nissan made about 47 R32's with the 25t motor, this was in the last month before the R33 was introduced. I've seen one myself, and was thinking about buying one a couple of weeks ago (workmate's brother has one...about NZ$5,500)

I recon they would be a great ride.

Other than that, the naturally aspirated R32 GTS25 is quite common here. They drive quite nice.