Photo Diary Comeback Special

Rezz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: :dry:

hey rezz,

cool pics , that front splitter on the red r32 !!! do you know who makes it?

brad

Yes mate, it's a BoMeX item. I thoroughly endorse BoMeX aero parts... the fit is almost like factory.

Can never get bored of japan pics, great thread :)

I gotta ask; How many times have you been to japan and how long did you stay for? Average spending per trip?

Do you teach english there? I want to learn japanese properly and go over there for awhile and find work if my language skills are good enough :)

Edited by knore

Can never get bored of japan pics, great thread :)

I gotta ask; How many times have you been to japan and how long did you stay for? Average spending per trip?

Do you teach english there? I want to learn japanese properly and go over there for awhile and find work if my language skills are good enough :)

I was there for over 5 years in total, with a one month holiday separating the first and second years. After that it was 4 years continuous. I was pretty much teaching English the entire time. The way I did things was not ideal, if I could do it all again I would go for some Uni degree first (Japanese language major), get a 3 year working visa and take things easy and see if things fall into place, if not, leave.

Japans a great place in certain aspects, in other aspects it is pretty sad... in my opinion I think in order to be super successful in Japan you have to be fluent in Japanese language and NOT TEACH ENGLISH. The reasons for not teaching English could fill an entire thread, but having said that I know of one successful guy who runs his own English school and is doing great. For the majority of people though, teaching English is something you do to supplement your funds while in Japan, not base your entire stay on it.

I don't want to spam my own thread with more of this stuff, so please everybody else refrain from typing out essays in response and just leave it be. Thanks :)

If you ever wondered what a Japanese paint shop looked like...

gallery_4816_41_71727.jpg

This is 'Jam Body Service' http://www.jambodyservice.com/index.html in Nishinomiya, Hyogo. I had to get some rust fixed on my HCR32 aswell as get the drivers door repainted etc. I found this place advertised in the local paper, and was pleasantly suprised to find that they had fitted body kits and painted cars for the Osaka Auto Messe previously.

gallery_4816_41_273377.jpg

Just looks like any other paint shop anywhere else doesn't it? Myth busted...

gallery_4816_41_23565.jpg

My poor R32. I say 'poor' because there was quite a bit of rust around the rear wheel arches and up on the passenger side C-pillar where a previous owner had successfully botched a rear screen replacement.

gallery_4816_41_220154.jpg

I wanted to spend the extra and have the quarter windows taken out aswell while they were at it.

gallery_4816_41_24625.jpg

Because side skirts were eventually going back on, I left the little bits of rust on the black section and the rails under the car to be fixed another time (which turned out to be almost 2 years later lol)

gallery_4816_41_275892.jpg

And the finished car. The owner of the shop was very helpful and even kept the shop open late on Saturday evening so I could pick the car up. I was stoked to see the old R32 looking new again :PBJ:

gallery_4816_41_234228.jpg

Another car in the shop. I didn't know what they were doing with this one, either it was going to get painted, or had just been painted... or maybe just a new coat of clear? Who knows... anyway this car proves that even with the 1000s of lightweight quality wheels available in Japan for reasonable prices, people still go for the old fugly chromies...

gallery_4816_41_71036.jpg

Heres a place called 'Yodobashi Camera'. It's a huge multi story department store mostly based on electronic/digital goods but also selling clothing/accessories, shoes, toys and much more... also a whole floor full of restaurants. Definately worth a look if you are in Umeda for a day or 2.

gallery_4816_41_260460.jpg

One of the entrances.

gallery_4816_41_176028.jpg

gallery_4816_41_223376.jpg

Outside another entrance. You can tell by the movie how old this pic is. You can also tell by the look on that guys face that he wished he'd brushed his hair for the shot first.

gallery_4816_41_101040.jpg

Just one half of the semi circular LCD TV section. It was so noisy with alot of TVs with their volume up and with the guy announcing specials and whatnot (stupidly catchy Yodobashi tune) over the PA system.

gallery_4816_41_167763.jpg

This Sony NAS A1 was pretty cool when it was introduced. It's a 'Net Juke' 40GB hard drive based system, which connects to Sony's 'Anymusic' server and can download any song that takes your fancy. It can also show all song information from songs played on radio stations and if you want you can record the song even after it's played on the radio. Basically it does away with disks...

gallery_4816_41_102380.jpg

Random shot of my Silvia at Superautobacs 171 getting some Tein adjustable strut tops installed.

gallery_4816_41_230553.jpg

Terry's Gloria Gran Turismo not being thrashed...

gallery_4816_41_192124.jpg

If you happen to be in Amagasaki, go to this place! Buggered if I can remember where it is exactly, but with 300 yen pints of lemon chu-hi you can't go wrong. I had about 5 of them and a whole stack of different yakitori and Terry picked up the tab... you're a legend mate :P

Hi Rezinator !!, Lawrence !! Long time no hear.

That Cedric I had was crushed a not long after that shot.

The Yakitori place I took you too was call Ondorian (near Tsukaguchi Station , hankyu line. 5pm-7pm big size chuhi's and beer 100yen !!

I'll be back in Osaka in 2 weeks. Rezz you still in OZ? Lawrence still in Osaka?

gallery_4816_41_189253.jpg

The Hilton Hotel in Umeda.

Looks like a playstation!! Great pics btw. Have you got many other pics from circuit days or random japanese cars on the street?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...