SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

I think very few have used a recessed MC, it is a lot harder to do and not really necessary because all it does is add a clutch booster....they are fine without. Mine is a 34 MC and bolted straight on (although like Bob I have tight clearance in the engine bay and a FFP)

I can't remember any tricks internally (drill through and bolt in) but can take some pics if you have something specific you want to check out?

Im using an R34 clutch pedal and master cylinder. The bottom holes of the pedal bracket don't line up, but the top 2 and the single one at the top all do. Im going to weld on some plate at the bottom of mine then drill holes to suit, although currently i have just the 3 and its doing fine.

I think very few have used a recessed MC, it is a lot harder to do and not really necessary because all it does is add a clutch booster....they are fine without. Mine is a 34 MC and bolted straight on (although like Bob I have tight clearance in the engine bay and a FFP)

I can't remember any tricks internally (drill through and bolt in) but can take some pics if you have something specific you want to check out?

If you could get some pictures of the clutch pedal mounting point that would be great! All the holes I have line up however the bracket where the footbrake bolted onto is fouling on the bottom of my clutch pedal. I'm tight for clearance is well in the engine bay but nothing serious.

• 5 months later...

I hate bumping up such an old thread. But  I've got a c34 s2 rs-v (rwd) and I'm doing research to get it manual convo. 

I'm wanting to know what tail shaft to use? I assume the auto one won't fit. I'm looking at getting a r33 gtst gearbox. will i need to cut and shut?

I have tried researching but there is so little info on factory rwd stageas.

Just search " R33 manual conversion". The hardest bit is getting a good R33 big box (the lighter one won't last). I don't know what you are planning to cut and shut unless you use a GTR box (because they are easier to find and cheaper). Your driveshaft may well be fine. Do the search and have a read.

• 7 months later...

Hwy guys i have a 97 c34 s1

And have bought a full manual conversion out of a 99 s2 rs4s and am havung trouble working out whoch plug on the gearbox os the reverse wiring and where do i run it to on my factory auto wiring

Any help would be great 

Cheers pete

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Meljo said:

Hi mate , I have got an 1997 auto Rwd stagea does (R33 GTS4 or GTR Box) manual still works on the rear wheel drive? 
I’m new with cars 0.0

You need a rwd box, there is no room for a transfer case if you have a look

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...