SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

Just thought I should mention to people that are looking at undertaking a manual conversion; don't get caught up worrying about having to heavy a clutch pedal without the boosted clutch master cylinder, its not needed. I had a push type before & I now have a pull type gearbox running just a stock R34 un-boosted clutch pedal & its perfect for everyday driving - not heavy at all :P

No problem. If your ever in NZ your welcome to try it out :happy:

No need, will be trying it out for myself very soon, just waiting on a guy to do some welding for me,

and the manual will be going in. CAN'T WAIT :P

It's easy to find where the clutch master cylinder goes, it's right behind the foot handbrake, theres a plate with the holes in it, and you can clearly see where the holes are. You just have to drill them through the firewall. Will post a pic later tonight.

I've just been told my girlfriends car won't be fixed until end of May, so until I get that car to drive, I can't start my conversion.... damn you bastards who can start already, I even have all the bits I need!

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting a clutch line made up to suit R33 GTR slave and R34 GTT master, how long is a standard clutch line for a skyline?how long have you guys made your lines? Any help appreciated.

mine came with all the lineage and everything

but i do have a few questions

If you use hte Autech Manual power line (that goes from teh battery, to the alternator, to the starter back) It has like 4 or 5 plugs less than the auto one

why? (ill find out tomorrow if it will start up without them)

also, you can use the bracket off the old tranny tunnel from a manual, it just takes some work

took me about an hour to remove the bracket. but it works with some 10mm bolts holding it on.

im just worried about all the plugs left over that arent used, or no plugs for places there were

Just getting a clutch line made up to suit R33 GTR slave and R34 GTT master, how long is a standard clutch line for a skyline?how long have you guys made your lines? Any help appreciated.

If you Maltech, they are know what length to make it

approx $85

That is the last peice I need for my conversion

Maybe we should get 2 made?

I have the same set up as yours

mine came with all the lineage and everything

but i do have a few questions

If you use hte Autech Manual power line (that goes from teh battery, to the alternator, to the starter back) It has like 4 or 5 plugs less than the auto one

why? (ill find out tomorrow if it will start up without them)

also, you can use the bracket off the old tranny tunnel from a manual, it just takes some work

took me about an hour to remove the bracket. but it works with some 10mm bolts holding it on.

im just worried about all the plugs left over that arent used, or no plugs for places there were

There will be a few plugs not used which are below the battery, this was the wiring for the auto control. The only two that are used are the one at the top, which you just put a jumper in (two pin plug) which is the starter inhibit. and the grey one below it which you use three pins, one for supply to your neutral and reverse switches and the return from your tranny switches, If you need some pics, should be able to help out.

If you added the loom from the manual to the existing wiring, it will have all the plugs for oil pressure, knock sensors etc, which might explain the left over plugs.

There will be a few plugs not used which are below the battery, this was the wiring for the auto control. The only two that are used are the one at the top, which you just put a jumper in (two pin plug) which is the starter inhibit. and the grey one below it which you use three pins, one for supply to your neutral and reverse switches and the return from your tranny switches, If you need some pics, should be able to help out.

Have you got pics and would a series 2 be the same?

the thing the i dont get is, why dont people just buy a manual instead of an auto? by the time you F($k around it will cost you not much of a diffr\erence and save you the hassels!! Fair enough if you are mech minded but stil its a big job say 2-3days full day job to do it. How much is that for your own labor where you can go work an earn some more cash?

but thats my 2cent worth.

That would take all the fun (or frustration?) away from the whole experience, Yudi.

Also, Brendan (beastien), Grant (yokota13) and Leshy (Terminal) all own series 1 Stageas, which weren't available as RB25DET manuals...

I'm lucky, I bought mine already converted.