SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

BUT i did find out

that you can use an s14 diff, and change the input shaft for hte driveshaft(if comes off with a 23mm i think nut and some banging) and it bolts right in, supposedly

hell yeah!

why not?

Keep a few spares to the track, hella cheaper than going with the GTR option.

350 for a nismo 2 way in a pumkin, swap shafts, and your good to go

heres a couple of pics of the recessed booster and i always say do things once and do em right, i dont replace broken bits with the same bits (except maybe gtr gearboxes because gearsets, etc are soo $$$)

i broke an axle with 350rwhp so that aint exactly heaps of power to be snapping things, andf it wasnt even a launch it was a roll on in 1st gear, just coming on boost

post-36085-1176643162.jpg

post-36085-1176643249.jpg

Edited by overpowered

I'll have to check if my master cylinder has been recessed - I've never bothered or though to check it before...

Once again, I'm glad I bought my car already converted to manual.

heres a couple of pics of the recessed booster and i always say do things once and do em right, i dont replace broken bits with the same bits (except maybe gtr gearboxes because gearsets, etc are soo $$$)

i broke an axle with 350rwhp so that aint exactly heaps of power to be snapping things, andf it wasnt even a launch it was a roll on in 1st gear, just coming on boost

yeah i was missing the recess thing in my kit then

ill just get an r33 pedal and benchbleed my master and it should work

well, the autech works kinda if i put soem spacers in there, the clutch arm is lined up adn has full travel, adn isnt binding....so it works for now

Yes. The Autech pedal combined with a RWD Nissan Master Cylinder (ie S14, Navara etc) & the appropriate length internal shaft for the Cylinder (S14 is correct anyway) + a Factory Nissan Spacer from like a Primera will do the trick. Just means it will be unboosted but realistically my RB26 is unboosted & its a pull type & its fine to drive everyday in traffic.

OK, a small update

THe R33 Master and slave work on my Autech box.

you have to flip the slave over, and add some washers to space it from the body, but it works

I have yet to try the slave that came with the autech setup. i will eventually, but this is workign for now.

pedal feel with a single plate exedy is great@!

ok...so quick question - i have a mate who has done an auto to manual conversion on his 33 4 door and he had to change his rear diffs so that the final drive ratio was similar (IE: the auto had a different ratio to the manual - and so to avoid sitting on 3500rpm at 100km/h down the highway in 5th, he changed the rear diff)

so how come some people are able to change just the box - leave the diffs the same, and no problem whatso-ever.... or have i just read 50+ pages of conversion guide wrong - I can only think that this is another reason behind changing the entire driveline at the same time.

LOL

So after the conversion it revs like a mofo on crack?... (AKA - my mate was right) - I just want to ascertain that if i do a manual conversion, will i need to change my rear diff (and subsequently my front diff) if i want it to operate as a daily driver with unpsycho final drive ratios.

Thanks blokes.

Edited by captinsane