SAU Community

Rb Head Vs Jz Head

I think that lots of money was spent on skylines (RBs) in jap and lots of money in USA on supras (JZs). But your 6.4@220mph is in a pro rwd car as you have said its light and runs on better tracks. How many Pro RWD RBs are there anyway that have run in the last 2 years.

There has been flow data posted on SAU before, proengines even has a sheet up on his website.

But unless you compare two heads done on the same machine with the same operator you're not going to get an even comparision.

I've heard Titan get 298cfm peak @ .5" on their race heads, not validated locally as there's only 2 in Sydney that I know of (Camrydore) - and I doubt they would hand over the data. I personally know of 3 RB26 heads that are at 310+ cfm @ .5" in Sydney, but again getting more data is rather fruitless as these are not cheap and people don't want to discuss things that come at such a high price. Especially when it's for a competition application.

How many high tech tube chassis'd RBs are going around? Not counting Duke in Japan, that's medieval compared to the carboned bodied, electronic controlled suspension technical marvels that are the Titan/Scranton Bros cars. But you would know that, right? Rob (ohmy8s) will be getting his car on the road soon but it's a fair cry short of the US efforts (no offense, it's a pretty damn good package but as a privateer he doesn't have the funds, crew or workshop facilities to be on level pegging with the Pro teams in the US)

How about Willobank, if you can beat a 10.1 @144mph on street tyres and a stock engine than we talking :]. Anything else doesn't inpress me. When you beat a 10.1 (with a stock motor), than he'll come and do some HAPPY LAPS for you ;).
Rattle the monkey's cage.......and steal his bananas :):woot::rofl:

:D cheers :D

PS, I am actually finding it very entertaining, but I have to go, I have a 2600 bhp engine to tune.

go bananaman go

go bananaman go

go bananaman go

:banana::banana::banana:

Edited by rb26s13

Sydneykid: 89-2004 for jz engines. Stopped making because of emissions.

Drag racing isn’t the only sport where the biggest wallet wins. I think that would be the same in every sport. Money + knowledge.

See my comment made to nismoid re chassis tech in drag racing.

Mate, the more I read the more I realise how much of a fool you are.

Go race at wakefield. What does it prove? That you have a better package for circuit racing. Does it prove that you are making more power than a jz? No. If both of your cars weigh similar and you can’t beat the 144mph trap speed then he makes more power. Pretty bloody simple.

26b: woo, ran an 8.XX in the bmw. That is a little way off 6.4.

Dennis: I agree mate. Absolutely ridiculous comparing engines by circuit times.

R31nismoid: No shit Sherlock. There are obviously other things involved with making a car run quick times but if you are going to tell me that there is a better way to compare outright power then let it be heard? I am sure the whole motorsport community would love to know.

We are not talking about power to weight. Assume same weight so you can get your head around that.

Are you kidding re this dude baiting? f**k me, some of you guys are wankers.

Post up the stock numbers and this thread can be closed.

C-dawg: might want to do a bit of research mate

So does anyone want to put up the numbers for rb25 and 26 heads?

All this thread has proved is that there are many childish people on this forum that have nothing to add but ridiculous biased comments.

R31nismoid: No shit Sherlock. There are obviously other things involved with making a car run quick times but if you are going to tell me that there is a better way to compare outright power then let it be heard? I am sure the whole motorsport community would love to know.

Well a certain device called an Engine Dyno comes to mind... Or even a Chassis Dyno Day... everyone on the same day

But hey, what would i know right? Im just one of those biased individuals (hope you dont mind me using your words)

I'd rather be one of those biased individuals that a totally mis-informed one :)

Only just found this thread its gold!!!

Full of rubbish that in no way relates to the original topic!!!

As for flow numbers here they are:

Rb26 (std) Inlet: 148cfm Ex: 105cfm

Rb25 (std) Inlet: 136cfm Ex: 98cfm

2JZ (std) Inlet: 139cfm Ex:121cfm

1JZ (std) Inlet: 134cfm Ex: 115cfm

Thats on our own machine with our own testing measures but they are all tested in the exact same way so the data directly corilates to each other.

Let the BS stop right here!!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot Fitzpatrick Speed works.

Those numbers are what most people on the toyota site expected except I would have thought the rb26 head would have outflowed the 2jz in both aspects.

Also, backs up the 1jz vs 2jz head. A lot of people thought the 1j head outflowed the 2jz head but now that is 2 tests that have proven otherwise.

Thanks mate.

Only just found this thread its gold!!!

Full of rubbish that in no way relates to the original topic!!!

As for flow numbers here they are:

Rb26 (std) Inlet: 148cfm Ex: 105cfm

Rb25 (std) Inlet: 136cfm Ex: 98cfm

2JZ (std) Inlet: 139cfm Ex:121cfm

1JZ (std) Inlet: 134cfm Ex: 115cfm

Thats on our own machine with our own testing measures but they are all tested in the exact same way so the data directly corilates to each other.

Let the BS stop right here!!!

Manifolds on or off?

Same lift?

Bare port or trimmed?

Exhaust flow in our out?

With the RB25 was it Neo or not?

:) cheers ;)

Edited by Sydneykid

Also, backs up the 1jz vs 2jz head. A lot of people thought the 1j head outflowed the 2jz head

Have I got this right, you came to a Skylines forum to find out how much a Toyota head flows?

:) cheers ;)

sorry gary heres your info

All heads checked with no manifolds either side, and trimmed ram tubes to suit each head. All checked with standard lift as per standard cams. Bare ports, with exhaust flowing out! Rb25 wasnt a neo and the variable valve timing wasnt activated for the test so that is a significant factor for the rb25 head right there. In no way was I trying to swing any arguements they are just the raw figures. In personal choice the rb26 head is the go as the inlet design is so far superior to the 2jz but the exhaust seriously lacks in standard form, as with anything these can all be modded but I am not giving away the figures we were able to pull out of the rb26 head. would shock a few people here with just how huge of a potential these can flow, but then you will get the ney sayers that will argue head porting a turbo is a waste of time or you lose down low torque etc etc.

A few more side notes for those interested.

The rb26 is one of the highest flowing heads we have tested in terms of cfm for the inlet, now most production cars run at around 70-80% effeciency on the exhaust side but the rb26 is down there, lot of this has to do with the big lump on the inside of the port, so it can be fixed.

I would expect up to 10cfm increase on the rb25 with vvt activated.

The 2jz head is a real strong perfromer however the inlet manifold is garbage so in real world terms i dont think it would be as strong as indicated here.

How is saying the 1jz head outperfroms the 2jz is an idiot the cam timing and lift is lower for starters!

The best factory head we have run at factory specs is definately the early evo mitsu heads with the inlet and exhaust flowing within 5% of each other, and flowing from memory around 130cfm.

Like gary has eluded to testing on a bench fro max number is like a dyno comp. it doesnt matter if you make 30 peak hp more if you dont start making power till 6g when the guy who came second starts making good power at 3.5g, his car is always going to feel and be quicker. When looking at these numbers bear the whole system in mind ie. inlet manifold design, and exhaust manifold design, room for improvements, and how they work in conjunction with a sum of other parts!

Cheers.

Daniel

this thread would have to be the stupidest f**king thread on any car forum i have ever seen.

it truely shows some peoples maturity level.

sydney kid, you never cease to amaze me with the shit that comes out of your brain and onto this forum.

MPH is a direct result of power, there are other measures but MPH is a bloody good measurable realisitc measure, circuit times and ets aren't.

there was a thread 6 months ago on rb 25's versus 1j's, there was plenty of shit in that thread maybe you girls can continue your arguements in there.

fact remains, its a known fact toyota engines JZ series will take far more power for far longer periods of time than RB engines. that is fact.

one of the main reason i built my car was to go race GTST's and flog there arse cause i always percieved that nissan owners thought they were above the rest and a bunch of arrogant c**ts. my little internally stock 194000k engine has put many big dollar full house nissan engines to shame on both the dyno, drag strip and engine longevity table.

but guess what, along the way i have met a whole heap of great guys such as BU5TER, 2RISMO, TWOOGLE, etc that have changed my views on skyline owners, but its people like you SK that make all other skyline haters hate skyline owners. many toyota guys get on this forum as there are far more drag racing guys here than on our equivilent toyota forum.

fitz, great info, appreciate you putting it up.

i apologise ahead of time if my comments have offended anyone.

Shane.

Sure have on my brothers datto with the supercharger

SR20 s14b vvt low port head: (std) Inlet: 125cfm Exhaust: 111cfm (vvt not activated)

Sr20 s13 non vvt High port: (std) Inlet: 129cfm Exhaust : 114cfm

With standard valves we got aarons up to 165cfm on the inlet, and 148 on the exhaust thats around a 35% increase, lots and lots of hours though, and absolutely huge cams!!

Fj's flow really well.