kristafa

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice! love the rims!!

Thanks mate - they're OZ Racing 18's.. quite fitting for the euro style cars.

The kerb weight of the standard 318i is 1380kg from memory.. not much heavier than the r32 (which is 1320??). mind you the new motor probably weighs a bit more than what was taken out.. wanna take it to weigh bridge to find out what i'm lugging around.

Handles real good, i always loved how this car handled (just wasn't too quick).. the bmw's steering and suspension is quite good considering it's meant to be a family car.

Awsome looking car mate, well done! How much did the bmw set ya back in the first place if you dont mind me asking?

about 11k for the bimmer (had high km's on it), owes about 20k as it sits now.. i would have bought a r32 but i'm a bit too tall (6'4"), the r33's are a bit too ugly (personal opinion, please dont sent me a parcel bomb), and the r34's were a bit too pricey.

so i'm happy with it now.. 'cept i want some more power i think :D

Nice work :) How is it for refinement compared to the gutless but smooooth smaller BMW engines?

about 11k for the bimmer (had high km's on it), owes about 20k as it sits now.. i would have bought a r32 but i'm a bit too tall (6'4"), the r33's are a bit too ugly (personal opinion, please dont sent me a parcel bomb), and the r34's were a bit too pricey.
Parcel bomb coming your way :rofl: Nah it's all good, look around on these forums and you'll see many R32 vs R33 vs R34 arguments, usually the R33 gets ganged up on by the elitist R34 owners who call it old, and the R32 owners who call it ugly and a whale, but secretly wish they had one :(
Great project and very well done! Now it will go like every other 3 series should.....but doesn't.

:D

Yeah a mate had an E36 320i. Smooth as silk, stopped on a 5c piece and handled like it was on rails. But omfg was it slow, especially under 3k. He did actually toy with the idea of an RB25, good to see someone who's actually gone and done the RB transplant :)