SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

Dear SAU members.

I am interested in setting seeing/contributing to an on-line registry of rare Skylines in Australia and potentially o/seas, similar to other on-line registries of rare models, and am keen to see how much interest there is with members here, and also if it is possible to make this part of the SAU site itself.

For example, there were 228 R32 N1 cars built. I know of one in Australia (mine), and I am aware that someone was trying to pass off a normal GTR as an N1 car on carsales.com.au recently. In this case it would help potential buyers to see a registry of these cars e.g

1. specifications
  2. built numbers
  3. VIN numbers of "registered" cars
  4. pictures of cars
  5. history for each car
  6. info on who owns them (subject to how willing the owners are to share than info)

Potential models included in the "Rare Skyline Registry" would be:

1. R31 GTS-R
  2. R32 N1
  3. R32 Nismo
  4. R34 Nur

I am sure there are some other rare models e.g. wasn't there are rare R33 with higher displacement?

• Like 1

Ok, so what is the next steps?

I'd like to see the register as a section of SAU. It would have the following:

1. List of eligible rare Skyline models including history and technical specs on each
  2. Register section where owners submit details of their cars
  3. Search capability

So who wants to take the lead on getting this set up? I am happy to coordinate the information gathering, but I have no idea on how to get the SAU side of things set up.

Glenn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well better put my hand up here and get this post rolling.

My name is Alan and I am in Katherine in the NT.

Have a R31 GTS 2 Build numder 166 at this stage.

3 rd owner and love the damm thing, big time.....

Can't get any rearer than this,

The R31 Skyline Club has register of both GTS 1 and GTS2 as you are most likely aware by now.

Will post a picture of her in her hey day,

Damm I will miss her when she goes. But thas life......

My brother has arguably the only genuine R31 GTS-R (everyone is yet to show me another real one) in WA. VIN number checked through and all is genuine.

Will find out more.

Sorry, but Jim Richards won the ATCC in 1990 in a genuine GTS-R HR31 and I think that car is in the Terry Ashwood stables.

So I guess that makes 2 and I'm sure there is more and a quick search in R31.com will find more, I'm sure.

Something interesting about WA though.

Some time back a female opened a thread stating she had a genuine R30 GTR, but when asked for proof and photographs, we got zero response and that particular thread died a painful death.

Cheers, D

i wonder if my 1966 Prince Skyline GT-B would come in to this catogery? its one of only 290 that made it to australia in the 60's and one of only a handfull that still surviving and driven around.....

Edited by 66 skyline gt

Sorry, but Jim Richards won the ATCC in 1990 in a genuine GTS-R HR31 and I think that car is in the Terry Ashwood stables.

afaik, the atcc cars HR31's were bare-shells to start, no chassis number/registration numbers marking them as GTS-R's.

(feel free to correct me if you know otherwise, i jus remember readin that some time ago.)

• 2 weeks later...

I know of one geniune GTSR in NSW I was going to buy it before I stumbled across my current R31 GTS 2 like the pic above of the red R31 mine is build number 94 of 200 .

• 2 weeks later...

I have an r33 GTR LM Limited

I brought it from japan about 14 months ago

Built to celebrate The GTR in Lemans not sure of how many are built but have been told by a few sources that there were 100 made

they came in champion blue paint only (BT2)code

-have the bonnet lip

-carbon rear wing lipped

-carbon A Pillar with Nissan Motorsports International on them

-A racing flag sticker with GTR Skyline on the C pillar

-Mine has a Factory Nissan/MOMO airbag steering wheel

mehanically they are the same to other GTR's

also have the brochures Nissan made for them when they were for sale :(

Excuse the pics from camera phone, ill take some more when i wash it tommorow probably:)

post-7189-1164797382.jpg

post-7189-1164797510.jpg

The Steering wheel is an option.

Here is the broschure pics once again sorry about pic quality:)

Also have a Fujimi 1/24 scale model car thats very rare to find aswell and 2 other LM Car models aswell

I must thank my best mate Tony (T88onBoard) for finding all my LM Merchandise and any hard to get things from japan, Your a Dead set Legend mate :P

post-7189-1164850527.jpg

post-7189-1164850687.jpg

post-7189-1164850778.jpg

post-7189-1164850947.jpg

post-7189-1164851022.jpg

The Steering wheel is an option.

Here is the broschure pics once again sorry about pic quality:)

Also have a Fujimi 1/24 scale model car thats very rare to find aswell and 2 other LM Car models aswell

I must thank my best mate Tony (T88onBoard) for finding all my LM Merchandise and any hard to get things from japan, Your a Dead set Legend mate :D

hot hot hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good work mate...

i have seen a few fake ones flying around here in brisbane. you can tell it is a respray