SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

I hope someone can help me here.

My boss (runs a dealership) once bought a R34 GTR in yellow and sold it [cheap] a couple of weeks later to make a quick profit. The guy that bought it knew his shit and the day before he picked the car up asked for the VIN. So he paid for the car, hopped in it and told my boss that it was was 1 of 3 in Australia. It was completely worked from the factory (apparently had a roll cage built in, but covered up by carpet and pillar covers??) Not knowing my boss was kicking himself afterwards lol.

I would supply a VIN no. and pics if i could find them but i don't at the moment. They were apparently built by nissan to compete in racing then they cancelled it. I know this information is kind of pathetic but I thought it was worth a try.

Could it possibly be an N1?

What kind of R34 GTR's were produced in such limited numbers, other then the ones listed?

I hope someone can help me here.

My boss (runs a dealership) once bought a R34 GTR in yellow and sold it [cheap] a couple of weeks later to make a quick profit. The guy that bought it knew his shit and the day before he picked the car up asked for the VIN. So he paid for the car, hopped in it and told my boss that it was was 1 of 3 in Australia. It was completely worked from the factory (apparently had a roll cage built in, but covered up by carpet and pillar covers??) Not knowing my boss was kicking himself afterwards lol.

I would supply a VIN no. and pics if i could find them but i don't at the moment. They were apparently built by nissan to compete in racing then they cancelled it. I know this information is kind of pathetic but I thought it was worth a try.

Could it possibly be an N1?

What kind of R34 GTR's were produced in such limited numbers, other then the ones listed?

If you can get a VIN, it should quickly clear it up.

Could be one of a few things though

1. N1's came in white, however this is due to teams quickly painting them in there own colours

2. could be a run of the mill GTR prepped by NISMO for a one make series - haven't heard of one, but not a far stretch

3. Could be something limited like an N1, R1, Z-tune (unlikely) etc which was bought and the retro fitted with the stuff you mentioned

Either way, sounds nice and rare or not, find those pics :-)

Sounds more like the bloke buying it was making up bullshit. I had a bloke telling me his old man bought a WRX from the dealership in Bathurst, but when they built it in Japan they had accidently used a WRC shell, so it was heaps lighter, but a made a few odd creaks etc when the body would normally flex because it was heaps stronger... A roll cage hidden behind the trim and carpet... You ever tried fitting a 1.5 inch diameter pipe between trim and the body? or making it impossible to see to the point a car dealer would not charge extra for it?

P.S., not having a go at RB27DETT, just the guy buying the car who was stretching the truth

• 2 weeks later...

I currently own a 32 Gtr V-Spec II in a late 93 platform. One of only 1300 or so made from memory so some what rare :D At the moment its pretty standard with only minor mods such as turbo back exhaust, alarm, rims, turbo timer, hicas lock out and thats about it from memory. Next week but that will be a bit different ha ha :P still too long away lol for pictures just click on my profile got a few on there

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

This one is my new Rare Skyline. They don't get much rarer than this little beauty

dr30-1.jpg

Pic taken at Phillip Island Historics this last weekend.

As a Moderator, I need to advise you that no p@rn will be tolerated. :(

This one is my new Rare Skyline. They don't get much rarer than this little beauty

dr30-1.jpg

Pic taken at Phillip Island Historics this last weekend.

• 3 weeks later...