SAU Community

Polishes/wax

Well this was my first use with Techwax just before the Small Car Sunday show. Light polish, 3 applications of Techwax.

DSC02762.jpg

It really brought out the 15year old paint.

I've used Tech wax. Its not bad but because it has minor abrasives in it, there is little point using more than 2 layers because you'll just be rubbing off the previous one. You'll definitely need to prep the car first before using tech wax. Something with a mild polish like Meg's ColorX would do the job nicely!

Im with Nate31. That zamol stuff is nice gear hey. Bloody exxy tho, the top of the line stuff is $13k (yes $13 000, but free refils for life). Look on their website for the stockest of it. Most of their gear is natural product.

The clay works awesome. You can see the grim on the clay. Once your done you can run your hand over it with your finger nails and feel how much smoother it is. I really is a MUST if your doing it properly. Makes a massive difference.

Waxed my R32 today :)

Used a single coat of Meguiars Yellow Tech Wax and left it in the sun whilst I vacuumed the car. Buffed it out with a orbital buffer and got all the little bits with a microfibre cloth.

When I first got the car it had heaps of swirls. I washed, clayed and washed again. I went around a few times with the orbital buffer and some megs fine cut cleaner #2. Then I did the tech wax. Came up perfect for 13 year old paint. I just need some touch up paint to get rid of all the stone chips and scratches now.

Megs Crystal polymer sealant is also decent substitute for the Tech Wax if you not into waxing your car every month. Shine isn't as great but it lasts for ages. I used it on my parents cars and they came up great after a cut and polish. They still look clean after 3 weeks now.

Photo was taken with my phone so excuse the quality

post-28866-1154686313.jpg

All this talk about claying, I thought i'd give it a shot tonight. So off to Motoquipe and $40 later, i had the Meguires Quik Clay pack.

Man that stuff works a treat... the amount of gunk that was on my bonnet surprised me. I also used it to remove the usual japanese pollutants off my window.

Highly recommended.

you can get zymol at autobarn now, but not the full range, and its over priced, if you want any send me a PM, as my work is a reseller and it will be cheaper than anywhere else.

So after you clay, what do you puy on next Nate?

(writing my shopping list..lol)

It should go something like -

Wash with degreaser/detergent (to remove wax/polish)

Claybar

Wash again

Polish (with swirl remover if needed)

Wax or Sealant

I still believe that putting on more than 1 layer of wax and different waxes is beneficial to the overall appearance. Well it certainly has affected the appearance from what i've done.

u guys do relise that wax is bad to use on ur car, if u ever need a respray or are plannin on getting one, wen u rub it bac an try an paint over it the paint doesnt like sticking, trust me my dads a panelbeater an it happend to my vl.

there for no wax for me.

u guys do relise that wax is bad to use on ur car, if u ever need a respray or are plannin on getting one, wen u rub it bac an try an paint over it the paint doesnt like sticking, trust me my dads a panelbeater an it happend to my vl.

there for no wax for me.

If the repairer cant remove the wax they havent prepped enough (their problem not mine)

Polymer finishes are usually worse than wax as they can penetrate deeper into the paint (agin a good prep will fix this)

If the painter cant get the wax out of the paint, ask them to take it back to metal.

hey pals, abit off topic but what orbital buffers do you use?

i was thinking about just buying a shitty gmc orbital buffer and some good quality microfirbre buffing cloths.

will this do or should i save and buy a better quality buffer?

cheers